Greedy People on Discogs Marketplace

PsyGoatDelic

I’m sick tired of all these greedy people on discogs that own some rare/old release and ask for a ridicules price to sell it!

I’ve decided to put an end to this and I would appreciate if you can give me a hand, I know it’s all about supply and demand but give me a break! I can find some of them still factory wrapped on local shops here, on online shops or for scraps in 2nd hand shops

It wasn't on my want list, just stumble on it by accident...

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=81584

why paying 15£/30£ or even 40£ for a cd?!

did you made the music yourself? perhaps also printed the cd?

I've seen this cd last week on a local shop, they still have several factory sealed copies!

I believe I can find more examples like it.

Let’s all unite to fight this ridicules phenomenon...

peace

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you said

supply and demand... Simple as that

Discogs price = highest ebay price + 30%

But, the more people that put their cds for sale on discogs, the lower the prices are because of competetivity :) So the problem will be solved soon... altough some cds will be very expensive forever...

As you said

supply and demand... Simple as that

Discogs price = highest ebay price + 30%

But, the more people that put their cds for sale on discogs, the lower the prices are because of competetivity :) So the problem will be solved soon... altough some cds will be very expensive forever...

I can understand demand and supply... but for crying out loud! people have no dignity...

and another one I just saw:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=367399

when you can get it here: http://www.wirikuta.at/web66/product_detai...howDetail=35757

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=69247

when you can get it here:

http://www.wirikuta.at/web66/product_detai...showDetail=1441

or

http://saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=2781

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=108383

http://www.wirikuta.at/web66/product_detail.jsp;jsessionid=AIPCDODDBGPG?showDetail=8226

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=221035

http://www.wirikuta.at/web66/product_detail.jsp;jsessionid=AIPCDODDBGPG?showDetail=37934

I wonder what colin has to say about this one right here:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=231978

I think this was already discussed here on the past

this cd can still be found here on tower records...

That's just how the market is for used oldies... information is also power--not everyone knows something has been re-released or is still available elsewhere. It's funny you link to Moment of Truth, coz I was looking at that page today, scratching my chin and going "hmmm... maybe."

That's just how the market is for used oldies... information is also power--not everyone knows something has been re-released or is still available elsewhere. It's funny you link to Moment of Truth, coz I was looking at that page today, scratching my chin and going "hmmm... maybe."

:lol: there you have it!!!

I feel I'm above all that materialistic stuff!

of course you need money to buy your beloved music! and some for other payments...

but i don't think people should over react and state these prices!

this is just what I wanted to make, to focus all this power of information right here!

I can get you that Moment of truth, you don't need to pay that much! someone else can get other stuff... etc... etc..

I feel I'm above all that materialistic stuff!

I can get you that Moment of truth, you don't need to pay that much! someone else can get other stuff... etc... etc..

Cool..get me Accidental Occidentalism and Synthetic Flesh for $5

Noone else can offer more because I asked first. :lol::lol:

Cool..get me Accidental Occidentalism and Synthetic Flesh for $5

Noone else can offer more because I asked first. :lol::lol:

I didn't said I can get anything on discogs! <_< wise ass! :P

but If I could...

and I already have found some rare oldies in the past, I never asked for high price!

I even prefer not to get involved with money... I don't think it's right

I didn't said I can get anything on discogs! <_< wise ass! :P

but If I could...

and I already have found some rare oldies in the past, I never asked for high price!

I even prefer not to get involved with money... I don't think it's right

take a look at my prices, 5-6-7$ per cd :P

Guest antic

For people like me, who do not have and never had a decent psytrance scene in their country and therefore no shops selling new & used stuff, sites like discogs & eBay are a blessing. Besides, you do not have to buy if you think the price's to high. It is normal that people want highest possible price for what they're selling, but if they can't achieve it or there are other sellers, sooner or later the price will drop.

You should be happy & grateful you live in a pleace where you can go to a shop and buy all new releases or go to a second-hand and find rare gems in bargain bins. I can't imagine such a place...

For people like me, who do not have and never had a decent psytrance scene in their country and therefore no shops selling new & used stuff, sites like discogs & eBay are a blessing. Besides, you do not have to buy if you think the price's to high. It is normal that people want highest possible price for what they're selling, but if they can't achieve it or there are other sellers, sooner or later the price will drop.

You should be happy & grateful you live in a pleace where you can go to a shop and buy all new releases or go to a second-hand and find rare gems in bargain bins. I can't imagine such a place...

you didn't get my point!

too tired now, tomorrow will come back with reinforced energies ;)

take a look at my prices, 5-6-7$ per cd :P

bless you mate, hope you got the point

Guest antic

you didn't get my point!

too tired now, tomorrow will come back with reinforced energies ;)

No man, I got your point. But I don't care how much those people want for those CDs or how cheap they got it.

I can't get (most of) them any other way so if I can afford it I go and buy it.

it's the same old story, but as wise Joske said is about time, the more people will sell oldies the more prices will drop. But Moti think that there are many records which were deleted in the meaning of destroyed because they were failure (so when they came out they didnt sell a lot) and the remains were often thrashed: hence few copies floating on the market. when this happens the few originals around score high prices. is obvious that if on the market there were tons of technossomy, crop circles, symbiosis cds, etc. the prices would be low. also see what happened to the toires cd or power source cd or chakra and edi: someone found many copies unsold still sealed in some basement and started selling them cheap on ebay. but that can't happen for every rare cd, and that's about it. the key to a low price is waiting: maybe in 10 years u'll have the cds that now are valued 100+ eur but maybe then u wouldn't care about them anymore. is just because u want them now, and everyone else does, that the price raised. when i started collecting nobody cared to have an original cd and everyone was selling everything cheap. Before year 2002-2003 i never seen a goa cd scoring more than 20-30 eur, trust me, not even the most rare. then suddently something in the world changed and everyone started to want originals old goa discs and prices raised.

it's the same old story, but as wise Joske said is about time, the more people will sell oldies the more prices will drop. But Moti think that there are many records which were deleted in the meaning of destroyed because they were failure (so when they came out they didnt sell a lot) and the remains were often thrashed: hence few copies floating on the market. when this happens the few originals around score high prices. is obvious that if on the market there were tons of technossomy, crop circles, symbiosis cds, etc. the prices would be low. also see what happened to the toires cd or power source cd or chakra and edi: someone found many copies unsold still sealed in some basement and started selling them cheap on ebay. but that can't happen for every rare cd, and that's about it. the key to a low price is waiting: maybe in 10 years u'll have the cds that now are valued 100+ eur but maybe then u wouldn't care about them anymore. is just because u want them now, and everyone else does, that the price raised. when i started collecting nobody cared to have an original cd and everyone was selling everything cheap. Before year 2002-2003 i never seen a goa cd scoring more than 20-30 eur, trust me, not even the most rare. then suddently something in the world changed and everyone started to want originals old goa discs and prices raised.

totally its only a matter of time look at transdimentional, are people going to pay 300 pounds now for it once its re- released its only a matter of time, we are seing a revolution, as we speak, quality labels like suntrip are bringing back the oldschool sound do you really think full on will be the sound forever, so the re-releases will come and send the prices crashing.

i am extremely privelleged to have bought most of mine brand new as they were released but will still pay a high price for the ones i missed out on 10-12 years ago as thats what i want to do and if i decide to sell it has to be worth your while or why bother.

IMO MP3 copying is appropriate for stuff that is out of print. It's not like the artist is getting a cut of those inflated prices! If you want that collectors item to hold in your hand, you'll just have to pay for it!

& here's me thinking the prices were quite reasonable :unsure:

keep reading mate! i can find it here , new copy, and save who ever is looking for it all this ridicules prices!

that was only an example.

what i meant to say, and basilisks said it better than me:

informaiton is power!

i know there are releases that are VERY hard to find and people ask for inflated prices for them.

BUT! and there is a big BUT! we can find alternatives on shops / 2nd hand shops or other places!

so lets gather all this information and help each other!

keep reading mate! i can find it here , new copy, and save who ever is looking for it all this ridicules prices!

that was only an example.

what i meant to say, and basilisks said it better than me:

informaiton is power!

i know there are releases that are VERY hard to find and people ask for inflated prices for them.

BUT! and there is a big BUT! we can find alternatives on shops / 2nd hand shops or other places!

so lets gather all this information and help each other!

A new CD here costs upto $30 so I gues I don't find the prices quite so scandalous!

I think it was Antic who put it well in another thread. It's relative to where you live & how much stuff costs in your country. I don't mind paying $60 for an out of print CD because that's just like buying 2 CDs here.

A new CD here costs upto $30 so I gues I don't find the prices quite so scandalous!

I think it was Antic who put it well in another thread. It's relative to where you live & how much stuff costs in your country. I don't mind paying $60 for an out of print CD because that's just like buying 2 CDs here.

so pay what ever you like...

so pay what ever you like...

I will!

I'm going to pay what I think the CD is worth to me! I'll always look for it at the cheapest place & buy that but I always have an upper limit!