Greedy People on Discogs Marketplace

PsyGoatDelic

Guest antic

I will!

I'm going to pay what I think the CD is worth to me! I'll always look for it at the cheapest place & buy that but I always have an upper limit!

+3 :)

Moti, you should be grateful you live in a country where you can easily buy all new releases and find most of old ones used & cheap. I can't say any of those things about Poland. I need to buy all new stuff over Internet (well, that's not a bad solution but it limits the size of the scene for sure) and there's no way I can get old releases here. It happened few times I found something (antyhing) in used stores, but it is very, very rare. I have no other option than to go to discogs, eBay & forums to find what I want and I have to pay the prices asked, even if I know the guy bought it for a fraction of the price. I can't go around the world physically looking for CDs.

You want to help? That's generous, so please take a look at my wantlist and check if you can get any of those CDs cheap for me. You say the list is to big and you're to busy at the moment? Well, then maybe I'll add some bonus for your time & effort? Maybe you could go to other towns too? I'd cover the travel costs?

See, that's exactly how it works. And people like diamonde or trance-collector are making a living out of it. They buy cheap (because they can) and sell to those who can't buy otherwise... It is not them who dictate the prices! It is the buyers who are willing to spend that much!

So, if anyone should bitch about discogs, it should be people from ex-communist countries (or undeveloped countries in general) like Poland. We have to pay the same price (be it at psyshop/saiko or eBay/discogs) you do, but for me 15EUR (incl. shipping) for new CD is equal probably to 60-75EUR for Western European / UK / USA people, because they simply earn 4-5 times more than we. For me every CD is a collectors item! You are simply used to the fact that CD costs something like 2 packs of cigarettes or good meal, for me/us it is a cost of food for a whole week... You think Transdimensional costing 400GBP is expensive? Most people here do not earn such money in a month!

BTW, in that context it always makes me wonder even more why there is such a problem with mp3 piracy, since you all can buy (new) music so cheap...

Next time when you buy a 'collectors' CD on discogs or eBay for 50EUR think about it that you (in relation to your income) spent the same as I did buying new Prometheus CD. That should make you feel MUCH better ;):P:D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day people are free to charge whatever they want when selling something they own. If someone wants to sell a CD for £200 that's their perogative, and if someone buys the CD for £200, again, it's their perogative. Those with a high exposable income don't mind paying over the odds for an out of print or rare CD. I know a fella who paid $500 for a particularly rare CD and he was delighted with the purchase.

Bottom line - music is worth different amounts to different people.

For me every CD is a collectors item! You are simply used to the fact that CD costs something like 2 packs of cigarettes or good meal, for me/us it is a cost of food for a whole week... You think Transdimensional costing 400GBP is expensive? Most people here do not earn such money in a month!

Wow, this looks like a post my frustrated twin brother would have written if I ever had one... :D I'm not going to complain, but I'm with abasio 100%. The price for "Transdimensional" elevates terms like pathetic and nonsense to new levels of vocabulary existance. It blows the whole concept of human sense out of the frame.

But on the other hand, I don't think sellers could give a fuck where I'm from and what can I afford to spend for a CD. See, that is just business: you can't compete, you get fucked over and you're out...

There we go- this sounds like the phrase I wanted to write, but couldn't come up with it.

Guest antic

Wow, this looks like a post my frustrated twin brother would have written if I ever had one... :D

Then read what I wrote again - I'm not complaining, I only said that if anyone should complain, then it is people from countries like Poland. But I know how it works and I understand the mechanisam - I can't do nothing about it, so I just have to adjust to it. I only buy what I can afford and I appreciate every single CD I own.

We should be happy with what we have, not sad because of things we can't afford (well, unless it's food we can't afford).

:)

Guest antic

True, but you should also add that the same amount (of money) has different value for different people

:P

;)

+3 :)

Moti, you should be grateful you live in a country where you can easily buy all new releases and find most of old ones used & cheap. I can't say any of those things about Poland. I need to buy all new stuff over Internet (well, that's not a bad solution but it limits the size of the scene for sure) and there's no way I can get old releases here. It happened few times I found something (antyhing) in used stores, but it is very, very rare. I have no other option than to go to discogs, eBay & forums to find what I want and I have to pay the prices asked, even if I know the guy bought it for a fraction of the price. I can't go around the world physically looking for CDs.

You want to help? That's generous, so please take a look at my wantlist and check if you can get any of those CDs cheap for me. You say the list is to big and you're to busy at the moment? Well, then maybe I'll add some bonus for your time & effort? Maybe you could go to other towns too? I'd cover the travel costs?

See, that's exactly how it works. And people like diamonde or trance-collector are making a living out of it. They buy cheap (because they can) and sell to those who can't buy otherwise... It is not them who dictate the prices! It is the buyers who are willing to spend that much!

So, if anyone should bitch about discogs, it should be people from ex-communist countries (or undeveloped countries in general) like Poland. We have to pay the same price (be it at psyshop/saiko or eBay/discogs) you do, but for me 15EUR (incl. shipping) for new CD is equal probably to 60-75EUR for Western European / UK / USA people, because they simply earn 4-5 times more than we. For me every CD is a collectors item! You are simply used to the fact that CD costs something like 2 packs of cigarettes or good meal, for me/us it is a cost of food for a whole week... You think Transdimensional costing 400GBP is expensive? Most people here do not earn such money in a month!

BTW, in that context it always makes me wonder even more why there is such a problem with mp3 piracy, since you all can buy (new) music so cheap...

Next time when you buy a 'collectors' CD on discogs or eBay for 50EUR think about it that you (in relation to your income) spent the same as I did buying new Prometheus CD. That should make you feel MUCH better ;):P:D

wow thanks artur you have just cast some light on a few things it will certainly make me a bit more grateful for what i have and for what i buy

thanks

Then read what I wrote again - I'm not complaining, I only said that if anyone should complain, then it is people from countries like Poland. But I know how it works and I understand the mechanisam - I can't do nothing about it, so I just have to adjust to it. I only buy what I can afford and I appreciate every single CD I own.

Grrrr, antic, didn't you see the smiley attached to my post...?

It was not suppose to offend you man. I think you will understand why I wrote that when you check where I'm from. From what I've heard Croatia and Poland are not that different, speaking of an average salary 'n' stuff. Damn, I only wish I had 400GBP disposable for spending on music... Hell, all my monthly bills, taxes plus food expanses cost less! So yeah, every single CD I have goes as a special item in my notebook... :)

You all suck!

none of you got my point (except for basilisk) and I quite on explaining it all again

You want spend lots of money of rarities then do it by all means

I was offering an idea that will help you but all you do is bitching around

Enjoy your shit

True, but you should also add that the same amount (of money) has different value for different people

:P

;)

Indeed. Someone making £250 a week would find it much more difficult justifying spending £60 on a CD than someone who makes, say, £1000 a week.

Indeed. Someone making £250 a week would find it much more difficult justifying spending £60 on a CD than someone who makes, say, £1000 a week.

:blink: 250£ a week!? can I be that some one? :huh:

that's a very respectful amount for only one week!

better working in the UK I see... <_<

You all suck!

none of you got my point (except for basilisk) and I quite on explaining it all again

Enjoy your shit

by all means mate post links to where we can buy all these rarities really cheap! We'll all be grateful but I've looked & looked for some CDs (Blue Planet Corporation - Blue Planet) but couldn't find it so I paid GBP50 for it!

But then again I found Caribbean Eclipse on Amazon for just GBP30 which was nice & Technosomy sold me Eat Static - Prepare Your Spirit for a very reasonable price which made me very happy.

I'd love to find everything really cheap everytime but in the non hippy world I live in this is never going to work :(

Guest antic

You all suck!

Enjoy your shit

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but your idea is to help eachother - those who have access to rare stuff cheap should help others to aquire it for reasonable price, right? Well, remember our trade: Tromesa vs. OOOD's Breahting Space? That's exactly what we did - I could easily get what you wanted and vice versa. That is what we all do here in "For Sale/Trade" subforum!

But, this mechanism is quite limited, which I tried to reflect here:

See, that's exactly how it works. And people like diamonde or trance-collector are making a living out of it. They buy cheap (because they can) and sell to those who can't buy otherwise...

Are you ready to help everyone to get what they want if you have access to it? What if somebody don't have the CDs YOU want? Will you re-sell it for 10-15EUR, if you can get 100EUR on discogs? What if there is a CD on discogs you've been looking for ages, but it costs 100EUR? Will you sell the CD you have for 100EUR to finance the purchase or will you keep to your noble rules?

As long as there are people willing to pay those prices, they will remain at this level. Some just have a lot of money (Senobyte? He bought another Synthetic Flesh recently, I think he's got like 20 copies or something...) or simply do not have the time to search secondhands or internet.

:blink: 250£ a week!? can I be that some one? :huh:

that's a very respectful amount for only one week!

better working in the UK I see... <_<

In relation to the cost of living/cost of goods in the UK, £250 per week is considered a fairly low wage.

As long as there are people willing to pay those prices, they will remain at this level. Some just have a lot of money (Senobyte? He bought another Synthetic Flesh recently, I think he's got like 20 copies or something...) or simply do not have the time to search secondhands or internet.

Why does he need so many copies???

Must be an ultra collector!

by all means mate post links to where we can buy all these rarities really cheap! We'll all be grateful but I've looked & looked for some CDs (Blue Planet Corporation - Blue Planet) but couldn't find it so I paid GBP50 for it!

But then again I found Caribbean Eclipse on Amazon for just GBP30 which was nice & Technosomy sold me Eat Static - Prepare Your Spirit for a very reasonable price which made me very happy.

I'd love to find everything really cheap everytime but in the non hippy world I live in this is never going to work :(

I know what you mean, I didn't said anything can be found, but I'm starting at a point, like the releases I've posted in the beginning and btw, the whole point was not the many releases i can get 2nd hand (these i find less and less recently)

but the releases you can still find on the different online shops for normal price when people on discogs try to sell these at inflated prices

we can't say "that's life nothing we can do", we can do something...

In relation to the cost of living/cost of goods in the UK, £250 per week is considered a fairly low wage.

I don't mind living in the dumpster for couple of months but earning 250£ per week,

then I can go back to India for a whole year and even more without worrying about my money or my foture

I know what you mean, I didn't said anything can be found, but I'm starting at a point, like the releases I've posted in the beginning and btw, the whole point was not the many releases i can get 2nd hand (these i find less and less recently)

but the releases you can still find on the different online shops for normal price when people on discogs try to sell these at inflated prices

Yeah! I have sound some guys selling stuff on ebay for $50 that can be found easily on saiko sounds for $15.

They just say it's ultra rare & some twat will buy it!

A fool & his money are easily parted! Therefore Radi must be a Genious :)

Moti in the uk when u earn 250 pounds a week u really live in a dump. a friend of mine when i was there managed to earn that but guess what, renting of a really crap place costed him 110 pound a week + another 30 pounds for the underground weekly ticked and he also had to eat: and trust me every week , if he wanted to go to the pub once or to a disco he remained with 10 or 20 pounds in his wallet and he wasn't buying ANYTHING. So when u live in london and u earn 250 a week u are POOR. Minimum wage is 5 pound per hour there or something like that and ur really poor. in a chep food store a mars or a chocolate anything bar costs around 1 pound, mcdonald costs some 4 or 5 pounds for a happy meal: u do the math and see how much life costs there.. have u ever been there? i guess not ... is th emost expensive city in europe.

You all suck!

Enjoy your shit

Want to go pick up a bunch of oldies, still sealed, from the shops then? :lol:

Want to go pick up a bunch of oldies, still sealed, from the shops then? :lol:

i will if someone will ask me to,

Wanna make a list? :ph34r:

possible... there is one list of things that i own for trade,

there are lots of stuff i see on 2nd but im not sure whether to take or not I dont want to get stuck with it if noon looks for it

but anyway my idea was that if one sees a ridicules price on a release on discogs but seen it elsewhere for normal price then come here and link it...

I can only say, that Moti is one of the fairest trader which I know. For exception: I traded with him OOOD - A Live, Prana - Geomantik, Technossomy - Synthetic Flesh LP and Shakte - Of Essence for Bell Size Park – The Truth is There, Spirit of Independence, Geemel – Dub Concept and Israel's Psychedelic Trance Vol.4.

He should have to sell all for aound 120 to 150 Euro (my stuff was around the half worth), but it don't cares him. He is only in trading good music for good music.

Now and then I'm sometimes a little bit greedy too. But he is it not. ;)

@Moti

A text which I posted in a old topic (some guys know it):

I’m afraid that many people to self enriching by selling CD’s and LP’s, from which are the artitst get nothing for it, wheter if he/she is rich or poor or dead.

For exsample Dimension 5 - Transdimensional. <_<

OK, this CD was made in few pieces and in process of time, some people lose it, used it uncarefully and it have to many scratches (It is unplayable), bought it with a mistake on the silver layer and so on. Thereby reduced the quantum of this CD and it will go rarer.

But I don’t like it too, that many CD’s and LP’s will be solde for very high, unfair prices.

Because some stupids want this CD really and bid the price to the top. Most of the greedy sellers saw it and want only to sell it for the same price, they don’t sell it for fewer.

The stupid thing is, that many people (we know some of them) are ready to pay this high amount and thereby to support the greedy bitches (Ebay, Discogs, Amazon).

Unfortunally It is so in every musicstyle. :(

Okay it is not logic to trade a CD which you can get easily for a rare CD.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I’m feeling so. <_<

I have so far as no more fun to chase CD's like in the past. (I think this is bad english, but I think you know what I mean LOL :lol:)

I hope that Suntrip will soon re-release D5 (hope with a bonus dics ;)). :)

Back to your Topic. It is really bold to sell not so rare CD's for very high amount. I saw some cheap CD's, which will sell in Discogs for stupid prices.

I can only say, that Moti is one of the fairest trader which I know. For exception: I traded with him OOOD - A Live, Prana - Geomantik, Technossomy - Synthetic Flesh LP and Shakte - Of Essence for Bell Size Park – The Truth is There, Spirit of Independence, Geemel – Dub Concept and Israel's Psychedelic Trance Vol.4.

He should have to sell all for aound 120 to 150 Euro (my stuff was around the half worth), but it don't cares him. He is only in trading good music for good music.

Now and then I'm sometimes a little bit greedy too. But he is it not. ;)

@Moti

A text which I posted in a old topic (some guys know it):

I’m afraid that many people to self enriching by selling CD’s and LP’s, from which are the artitst get nothing for it, wheter if he/she is rich or poor or dead.

For exsample Dimension 5 - Transdimensional. <_<

OK, this CD was made in few pieces and in process of time, some people lose it, used it uncarefully and it have to many scratches (It is unplayable), bought it with a mistake on the silver layer and so on. Thereby reduced the quantum of this CD and it will go rarer.

But I don’t like it too, that many CD’s and LP’s will be solde for very high, unfair prices.

Because some stupids want this CD really and bid the price to the top. Most of the greedy sellers saw it and want only to sell it for the same price, they don’t sell it for fewer.

The stupid thing is, that many people (we know some of them) are ready to pay this high amount and thereby to support the greedy bitches (Ebay, Discogs, Amazon).

Unfortunally It is so in every musicstyle. :(

Okay it is not logic to trade a CD which you can get easily for a rare CD.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I’m feeling so. <_<

I hope that Suntrip will soon re-release D5 (hope with a bonus dics ;)). :)

Back to your Topic. It is really bold to sell not so rare CD's for very high amount. I saw some cheap CD's, which will sell in Discogs for stupid prices.

It's really simple. Someone else can pay more and is willing to pay more than you and gets the CD and you don't.

It may be expensive but why is it unfair?

I never sold anything on e bay, but I don't think it's fair to call anyone greedy bithches because they want

to maximize their profit. If someone is willing to pay for it it's their money and their business not mine to judge. If their prices are out of line the market will not support them. Artificially inflated prices will not last in the long run.

So someone else has more money and is willing to spend more...good for you man. If you are that rich more power to you.

If buying that CD means you eat macaroni and cheese for the entire month and it will make you happy....again good for you.

I have my priorities in life and they are my business.

What's really lame is to be a sore loser and refuse the fact that what's really pissing you off is not being able to get those rarities that someone else will get without having to be patient and spend hours and hours in obscure online and offline shops.

i will if someone will ask me to,

possible... there is one list of things that i own for trade,

there are lots of stuff i see on 2nd but im not sure whether to take or not I dont want to get stuck with it if noon looks for it

but anyway my idea was that if one sees a ridicules price on a release on discogs but seen it elsewhere for normal price then come here and link it...

We could also post if we find something in the local shops for cheap. Then if people see something they need, you could buy it and sell/trade it.