Astral Projection

snowball

AP are playing "live" ;) this friday here...

What do you guys think? Should I go or should I stay? ;):P

Price is quite stepp too.... :ph34r::angry:

99% I am going to go and see for myself if the suck as much as ppl say they do....I just hope they will play Butterfly Trip.....beh,dream on dreamer... ;):(

Guest Rezwalker

AP are playing "live" ;) this friday here...

What do you guys think? Should I go or should I stay? ;):P

Price is quite stepp too.... :ph34r::angry:

99% I am going to go and see for myself if the suck as much as ppl say they do....I just hope they will play Butterfly Trip.....beh,dream on dreamer... ;):(

forget it..i have seen them "live" on May of 2006 in athens..their new stuff are totaly crap plus an awful new remix for the mahadeva. all tracks with the same bassline and full on elements similar to astrix sound <_<

If it's not too expensive, why not?

I saw them a couple years ago. Sort of. It was AP and IM and some local DJs. For some reason AP showed up almost two hours late and only played for 30-45 minutes I think. So it not only sucked that they didn't play for long, but it sucked extra special like because the local DJs who extended their set while AP was on the way played the most appalling collection of shit. So my friend and I proceeded to get drunk in the bar where there was breakbeat and DnB.

But it was pretty cool when they played. I'm sure it was mostly newer stuff (I didn't know their music much at the time), but I liked it.

Go but take it for what it is!

If you go expecting an old school set where they play all your favourite SFX tracks then it's going to be a big dissapointment.

If you go expecting some new sounds from old masters that will work on the dancefloor then you might just enjoy it more :)

forget it..i have seen them "live" on May of 2006 in athens..their new stuff are totaly crap plus an awful new remix for the mahadeva. all tracks with the same bassline and full on elements similar to astrix sound <_<

I have to agree. Seen them live a year ago and it was a total disaster. The new Mahadeva remix is horrible. They keep stripping layers of that classic till nothing but the kick and bassline are in.

They'll come here in March this year...

And I will go, no matter what crap they play! Because I MUST ... I have never seen them before - should have seen them last year but they were too wasted to catch the flight to Austria, so the party got cancelled <_<

Now I must see them ... to me they're like the godfathers of psytrance ... I mean hey, they made stuff like People Can Fly and Mahadeva and stuff, so I must see them and if it's only to see live how much they suck nowadays, I must! And if they play new stuff like Open Society it won't be even that bad I think B)

Guest The Journey Man Project

they still make good melodic trance, even if it has ful on bassline, and tey know how to make good full on, they know how to make good electroninc dace music... it'd be more woth it now than during the Amen and Ten album days...

Oh God.....I wanted to kill myself.

Opening set was by a resident dj. Blsting headache full-on - dark. ...bliah <_<

2hours later Astral came on...

They played a 1.30h set.Only 15-20minutes were worth it,because they played Let there be Light and People can Fly. It was great to hear those tracks in a huge soundsystem. The rest was some god awful stuff....

As for it being live....2(or 3) laptops...one with cubase se running...the other with some sort of wave graph...(like soundforge) and a small usb keyboard...I guess an 8 key...it was really tiny... I dont know if they used it....

Tottaly generic stuff...killargh basslines,breaks and psy-farts all the time... Oh and about the melodies? HA!

Four Notes guys! Four Fucking Notes going up and down.....a simple arpeggio on repeat for the whole track!!! WTF!!!

The Mahadeva remix is a disgrace.

After that add another 2 hours of Killlargh full-on crap from the other dj....

And on top of that add an unbelievable bad luck streak that fucked the night up and left an even more bitter memory of it.....

They played a 1.30h set.Only 15-20minutes were worth it,because they played Let there be Light and People can Fly. It was great to hear those tracks in a huge soundsystem. The rest was some god awful stuff....

Tottaly generic stuff...killargh basslines,breaks and psy-farts all the time... Oh and about the melodies? HA!

Four Notes guys! Four Fucking Notes going up and down.....a simple arpeggio on repeat for the whole track!!! WTF!!!

And on top of that add an unbelievable bad luck streak that fucked the night up and left an even more bitter memory of it.....

Well at least now you know. Had 20 minutes of fun. Next time you can miss it with big smile on your face :)

I hate those bad luck streaks :angry: ruined my new year's :angry:

Well at least now you know. Had 20 minutes of fun. Next time you can miss it with big smile on your face :)

I hate those bad luck streaks :angry: ruined my new year's :angry:

Yeah...Last time I go to a psy-party....enough is enough.... :blink:

arrrghh I hate those nights....when you think "it cant get any worse",it does!

you missed the edit :)

Yeah...Last time I go to a psy-party....enough is enough.... :blink:

arrrghh I hate those nights....when you think "it cant get any worse",it does!

you missed the edit :)

hehehe!

The parties in japan still kick bottom (ass) especially the small ones :)

Last one I went too was Tiny. 100 people max all night. It went on for 12 hours had decent music & cool Japanese folk to look at ;)

hehehe!

The parties in japan still kick bottom (ass) especially the small ones :)

Last one I went too was Tiny. 100 people max all night. It went on for 12 hours had decent music & cool Japanese folk to look at ;)

oh well I couldnt move without stepping on someone's toes last night.....

oh well I couldnt move without stepping on someone's toes last night.....

Small place or just loads of people. The party I mentioned was in a tiny venue & it was so hard to move :( Fun though squeezing through all those lovely ladies :wub: Not fun though getting burnt with a cigarette :angry:

Small place or just loads of people. The party I mentioned was in a tiny venue & it was so hard to move :( Fun though squeezing through all those lovely ladies :wub: Not fun though getting burnt with a cigarette :angry:

medium place + loads and loads of ppl....its getting trendy lately to attend these parties...a lot of ppl dont even like the music,but they still go and sit like depressed prisoners on the sofas....beh...

there should be pics soon,if this thread is still alive by then I'll post them...

haha I know exactly what you talking about :):(

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe slightly offtopic, but do you folks remember the mahadeva special remix for mp3.com?

It has not been officialy released, but, I've heard that there is a track of strong resemblance on one of their albums, so which is it?

As for it being live....2(or 3) laptops...one with cubase se running...the other with some sort of wave graph...(like soundforge) and a small usb keyboard...I guess an 8 key...it was really tiny... I dont know if they used it....

better spend your money to get the in dia compilation with the Butterfly trip remix.

I still plan to go see them in March. Despite everybody says they suck lately. I even bet they will suck. But I should have seen them already TWICE here in Vienna and they didn't come BOTH TIMES! So I want to finally say I have seen them at least once in my life! So I'll go if I can afford the tickets...

But if they suck and I'm in the right mood I'll go straight up to these guys afterwards and ask them why they have developed from the old school goa trance gods to boring fullon clones...

Maybe slightly offtopic, but do you folks remember the mahadeva special remix for mp3.com?

It has not been officialy released, but, I've heard that there is a track of strong resemblance on one of their albums, so which is it?

The file of Mahadeva I have I got from mp3.com many many moons ago. I was under the impression it was the original, but perhaps not?

medium place + loads and loads of ppl....its getting trendy lately to attend these parties...a lot of ppl dont even like the music,but they still go and sit like depressed prisoners on the sofas....beh...

there should be pics soon,if this thread is still alive by then I'll post them...

haha I know exactly what you talking about :):(

hehehe!

I still plan to go see them in March. Despite everybody says they suck lately. I even bet they will suck. But I should have seen them already TWICE here in Vienna and they didn't come BOTH TIMES! So I want to finally say I have seen them at least once in my life! So I'll go if I can afford the tickets...

But if they suck and I'm in the right mood I'll go straight up to these guys afterwards and ask them why they have developed from the old school goa trance gods to boring fullon clones...

Yeah! I would still go and see them if they were playing here. If they sucked I could still get really drunk & perve all over the ladies :)

• 1 month later...

HA! So finally I was able to really see with my own eyes how Astral Projection are live.

And I must say, you people were not right about saying that they suck now ... which is why I'm very happy that I didn't let distract myself from the comments here and went to that gig nevertheless. Yes, it was quite expensive ... and it was not nice from the organizer to want money (and not even few) for the water (there were no sinks and no toilets there in this old industrial hall, only porta-potties without water ... but at least that added a great deal to the "underground experience", hehe) which is why I got a little pissed off in the beginning ... but fortunately I didn't let distract myself because of such inferiorities (in the end I was very lucky and found so many 1 Euro refund notes (for beakers and cans) lying somewhere on the floor that I could afford enough free water for my needs and didn't dehydrate - thanks to whomever that dropped them for me, you saved my evening) :)

Well, about the music: first there was a quite fullonish live-act also from Israel ... and the fullon then got even worse as some DJ was playing. But it was still bearable. There were hardly any parts that I really wasn't liking. Well, guys like Ale would probably have hanged themselves already on the old crane on the ceiling ... but for me it was still okay, even started dancing a little bit at some parts and during parts I didn't like I was heading for the bar, I needed so long there because of the queue that when I was back dancing the music was completely different again.

I don't even know how late or early it was as Astral came and were setting up their gear (a good sign ... normally I always look annoyed at the watch and wait until the live finally starts). And then. The DJ finished his set quickly and it was time for Astral!

And well, the set was damn good. It really was damn good. It started off quite okay with some new stuff from them (I don't find the new stuff that bad), then got a little personal peak for me when they played Open Society (seriously, a "personal peak" for me because I was thinking at some time "now it would be cool if they'd play Open Society" and two seconds later bam! a sudden break and the sample started. I felt like they could read thoughts!) and from then it got absolutely incredibly better because then they played OLD STUFF! And for the first time in my life I really freakin' KNEW why you all like old school so much! And I freakin' understand you! This was damn good! I even recognized some of the tunes ... although it's funny because I have no clue what exactly they were playing and even now as I'm listening to all Astral Projection stuff I have I can't find them again. For example I heard Mahadeva ... but it was somehow not the version I own (and not the remix off "Ten" either, I'm checking that right now) ... interesting. I really don't know. People Can Fly was the only track where I could really say that they played the original version. Somehow. But that didn't limit the experience. I was litterally dancing my brains out there! I finally understood why people like this oldschool style so much, the many synths, the melodies ... it went as a wall of sound straight into my brain! And the fact that they really had a good sound system there where the sound was well loud but still crystal clear was also contributing - at least the sound got a soundsystem where it's worth that it's played on! Totally incredible. It was so awesome and so great that I somehow really needed another water, but couldn't bring myself to go to the bar at that time, just couldn't, I had to catch my brain first that was going off to the sound in that hall like there was no tomorrow! Absolutely incredible. With that part of their set Astral Projection really managed to give me one of the best goa sound experiences I ever had as of now. Well. And in the end of their set to calm down the sund mayhem they briefly returned to their new sound again for three tracks or so and I finally really got the message that this new sound has not the power that the old stuff has. I was coming down from my braindance and got myself some water, I was thirsty as a camel.

Roughly I can say that about half of the set was their new sound and the other half their old ... although I can't say what tracks they were playing ... I actually have the feeling I didn't even know them before ... but the sounds were so strangely familiar...

In the end after the set I even managed to say hi to the two guys and thank them for the nice set. "Next time you come here I'll be here!" I said. "I know." Avi replied. Well, I'll see you guys again when you come here, definitely :)

So, to all those that say Astral Projection suck now, it clearly was not like that for me.

I say if you haven't seen them already, go for it!

1. (there were no sinks and no toilets there in this old industrial hall, only porta-potties without water ... but at least that added a great deal to the "underground experience", hehe) which is why I got a little pissed off in the beginning ...

2. In the end after the set I even managed to say hi to the two guys and thank them for the nice set. "Next time you come here I'll be here!" I said. "I know." Avi replied. Well, I'll see you guys again when you come here, definitely :)

3. So, to all those that say Astral Projection suck now, it clearly was not like that for me.

I say if you haven't seen them already, go for it!

1. I could usually give a fuck about underground experiences if I cannot take a proper leak and wash my hands afterwards. Damn cheap organizers...

2. It was love at first sight between you and Avi... :wub:

3. No, seriously, glad you had a fun time. I agree that A.P. can still rock any place if they play an old schoolish live act, as the new stuff just annoys me. The crowd goes bollocks any time these two drop an ol' favorite! ;)