The only full-on thread you'll ever need !

Oopie

Let's do one topic to merge all the trax that are full-on/"modern" but exceptionally great. :)

If you're not sure it's a 5/5 track don't bother.

This thread should leave you breathless and the way you look at full-on genre will be forever changed.

Only give your top-3. I'll personally check your rec's out to see if your taste is to be trusted.

I've heard so little myself... (thence the topic!)

1. lodjig bomb - neighbour of the beast

stormer of a track. Will get any ass moving on da floor. Intense haunting melody builds up the whole track finally orgasming in the end in an undescribable way. At this point people are jumping and forgetting all about your other crappy track-selections not mention dj-skills.

2. zirrex - solar system part 1

if you've heard the guy's "lost in time" album you know what his capable of melody-wise. This unrlsd sniper is full of imagination. Sharp juicy fxs blasting in yer face and the melodies, oh man! Not any kiddie-in-5-mins-on-hangover-morning-no-effort-stuff. Really well placed acidic soundscapes bursting through your (fore)skin. The melody in the end... first they dance to it, then they came asking which track was it?! "can't get it outta my head, so fucking good!".

3.psydrop - fear & loathing

this track shows _imaginative_ way to use those "cheap sounds". psydrop makes one kind of a tune here. very busy track with lootsa going on! the melody once again is pure gold! this track is like koxbox goes full-on (?). a-class, nothing to add.

Is it even possible to make full-on better than this? :)

(u tell me?!)

3. Audialize- 'Full On Chaos Magic'- Satellite (Oxygen Records) :wub:

Was this track ever released without an error?

Top three modern full-on tunes hmm... well this is not definitive, but three good tunes on the top of my head are:

1) Aphid Moon & Lucas - Dark Star

2) Scorb & Tenzing - Cack-O-Phony

3) Mr. Peculiar - Crystal Myth

Oopie, have you heard the Psypilot remix of Logic Bomb? I like that one too...

Was this track ever released without an error?

To my knowledge, no, but I know exactly the error you are referring to (its a slight skip in the track)....and its something that's always annoyed me, but fortunately it doesn't affect ability to mix the track, and error aside, its still a great track in my mind :)

I really like Xerox and Illumination- Nightshift

Even the new remix :( . That track is part of full-on history, and its nice

And why not mention the best full-on artist ever? May the jew god take care of Cosma, he was a nice fella

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=3190

I'd say for you oopie. To check The time Has Come, opening track of his last album Non Stop. Personally I think Keep Going to be the best full on track ever made

Period

the new sound at least reached a very high level,

space buddha - nirvana is amazing

some tracks on protoculture album

panick lab o matic : best release from 2006 no doubt about

off course many more, but those you'll need :)

Guest The Journey Man Project

see I'd actually consider acts like Cosma, Fatali and Protoculture closer to progressive than full on... full on for me is stuff like G.Ms and 1200 Mics... no class just an extacy blast...

I dont know about Fatali and Protoculture, but Cosma blends progressive with full-on, yes.

In fact, his first album was minimal only ( and a good one too) but after he released some full on tracks on comp and Non stop is like 50/50

You can't say that tracks like Non Stop, Yok Yok and People on Hold arent full onish

cosma was pure progressive in the 2000 release,

along came the fullon later and in 2003 cosma released an album starting with 5 super progr tracks but the fullon bassline came over and dominaties at the end of the cd...

considering it was 2003 morning fullon as we know it today was still choosing he's shoes for the long ride...

protocultue is indeed morining fullon, their albums is the pure defintion of it, the 2003 release less but still moring fullon for it's age...

fatali's first album was progressive, allthoug at the end of the album the basslines gets very fullonisch

latest fatali is moring fullon...

don't forget fullon exploded in 2003 but albums like altom - hologram, cosma and etc allready used the fullon kick but in a minimal way...

Audialize- Perfect cell

Nissimyani- Shapi shapo

Mr. Peculiar - Silver Clouds

As far as cosma goes i would go as far as saying , it aint progressive , it aint full on , its just PSYCHEDELIC. I hate categorizing especially when it comes to cosma.. his music is timeless and doesnt fit any of the sub genres that we have created .

Audialize- Perfect cell

Nissimyani- Shapi shapo

Mr. Peculiar - Silver Clouds

As far as cosma goes i would go as far as saying , it aint progressive , it aint full on , its just PSYCHEDELIC. I hate categorizing especially when it comes to cosma.. his music is timeless and doesnt fit any of the sub genres that we have created .

I'm all for not puting labels in music too exotic :). Its just to indicate that if there is anyone who messed around with this so called full-on music and took the best out of it was Cosma

His music is unique indeed, and I agree with you. That ghost alike atmosphere in it, never seen any where else in this genre

I agree with your list completely.. but I'd like to add:

Phi - I don't need your justice

Starts off quite boring with regular KBBB-combo, but the part after 5:34 is one of the best moments in fullon :)

I agree with your list completely.. but I'd like to add:

Phi - I don't need your justice

Starts off quite boring with regular KBBB-combo, but the part after 5:34 is one of the best moments in fullon :)

Even phi- we can go to your country such a bomba of a track. It just explodes after 2:40 :)

1.Mutant Star - Freedom For All

2.Squid Inc - Tilt

3.ManMadeMan - Vandal

some god full on tracks ive been enjoying lately,especially the Mutant Star track their whole album is very good full on imo.

To my knowledge, no, but I know exactly the error you are referring to (its a slight skip in the track)....and its something that's always annoyed me, but fortunately it doesn't affect ability to mix the track, and error aside, its still a great track in my mind :)

I just emailed the label and they set me up with a proper copy :) very nice of them!

Its unbelievable, but mostly after 2 years from this release you are the 1st

one who recognized the error.

Congratulation:)

Heheh! :lol: Much thanks to Oxygen for getting that sorted out.

Phi vs Symphonics - Space Criminal

That should be 11 vs Symphonics.... Symphonics was half of Phi while 11 is is a different guy entirely.

While we a mentioning kick as Phi tracks, Afrobad is my hands down favorite and it ALWAYS brings the house down on the dancefloor.

Intergalactic - The Future

Space Cat - Mechanical Dream (the whole album)

Time Lock - Inner Bright (ok, very cheesy but th vocals rock!)