Filteria-Sky Input

Ormion

This is definitely one of the best psy/goa albums of all time.

The proof?

Two years now and is still sound that awesome!!! Only ultra-classic albums can do that.

BTW Galactic Rays and Navigate must be officialy called two of the best tracks ever...

Discuss :)

This is definitely one of the best psy/goa albums of all time.

The proof?

Two years now and is still sound that awesome!!! Only ultra-classic albums can do that.

BTW Galactic Rays and Navigate must be officialy called two of the best tracks ever...

Discuss :)

Was pondering on buying this today! HAd it in my hand and everything but I didn't really know what it was like so I didn't. Did I make a mistake?

it's not "bom shanti enough?

I've never gotten to even check samples for this one, just his last one :wacko:

no, not that, it simply sounds soulless, artificially forced, some sort of lack of identity.

as gnome once said - etnica wannabe, that should sum it up well.

Can we have a Filteria fan topic without backlash?

?

can we voice our opinions or we are allowed only to praise?

Its a good CD, and some great tracks. HOWEVER, and I dont say this to be difficult, but I did find that the production or perhaps it was the mastering of it was slightly "scratchy". If it had been a tad more polished, this would have gone from a "good" to a "great" album in my opinion.

Its a good CD, and some great tracks. HOWEVER, and I dont say this to be difficult, but I did find that the production or perhaps it was the mastering of it was slightly "scratchy". If it had been a tad more polished, this would have gone from a "good" to a "great" album in my opinion.

This was my misstake and my misstake only. I didn't know jackshit about mixing, which shows i guess :lol:

Edit: And Ormion, as i said many times before. I am really happy that yo enjoy the music as much as you do :)

This was my misstake and my misstake only. I didn't know jackshit about mixing, which shows i guess :lol:

Edit: And Ormion, as i said many times before. I am really happy that yo enjoy the music as much as you do :)

yo jannis, what happened to flanger saucer, did you make remix of it, is old version going to be available [the one that you had a sample posted at your website] :D?

no, not that, it simply sounds soulless, artificially forced, some sort of lack of identity.

?

Stating your opinion is one matter... repeating it ad nauseum is what I'm tired of hearing. Any time a topic on Filteria comes up, you rush in to criticize. Run a search and you'll see--you're like a broken record.

Then again, I have stated this at least twice now :lol:

I own both Filteria albums, and enjoy them both.

The only issue I have, is that the sound seems so overpowering to me. I can only take a few songs before I have to switch gears or I will pass out from exhaustion.

I don't know how to explain it really. I like all the songs, just not in a row.

It really works best when I have my collection on Random Play, then a Filteria song comes on, I go "Oh yes!" and start groovin'.

I own both Filteria albums, and enjoy them both.

The only issue I have, is that the sound seems so overpowering to me. I can only take a few songs before I have to switch gears or I will pass out from exhaustion.

I don't know how to explain it really. I like all the songs, just not in a row.

It really works best when I have my collection on Random Play, then a Filteria song comes on, I go "Oh yes!" and start groovin'.

yep,exactly what I feel too...If dont change the cd after 3-4 tracks,It fucks me up,and then I fuck something up and so on and so on.... but it rocks in the car.... ;)

Stating your opinion is one matter... repeating it ad nauseum is what I'm tired of hearing. Any time a topic on Filteria comes up, you rush in to criticize. Run a search and you'll see--you're like a broken record.

Then again, I have stated this at least twice now :lol:

the same could be said about people who like filteria and post it over and over again in these topics, so wheres the problem ;)?

nevertheless, i liked his flanger saucer sample that he had in his webpage, but it seems that it has been remixed, imo it sounds quite different on that fullmoon clip, is it?

?

How can you say Filterias music does not identify itself ? After 1 minute you can hear its a Filteria, whetever you like it or not.

Compare it to typical boring FullOn : overused overrepeating breaks & tweaks. THIS definitely does not identify itself.

If you knew how much effort Jannis puts in the tracks and how many hours he sits with the music recording the same track over and over till he gets the perfect melody, mixing, arrangement, if you knew that, you wouldn't be calling it soulless. Ok, you don't like it, fine, but to say soulless is not true... Who other artist can say he live-remixes evey track 20 times for the audience, for every live act ?? He lives for the audience !!

Etnica wannabe ? Oh my, if you'd heard him play since mid-2005, you'd know he's going his own directions totally freely. If you'd seen the answer of the crowd lately, you'd say this guy truly is a soul-connector.

Let me propose you something: listen to the music.

How can you say Filterias music does not identify itself ? After 1 minute you can hear its a Filteria, whetever you like it or not.

Compare it to typical boring FullOn : overused overrepeating breaks & tweaks. THIS definitely does not identify itself.

If you knew how much effort Jannis puts in the tracks and how many hours he sits with the music recording the same track over and over till he gets the perfect melody, mixing, arrangement, if you knew that, you wouldn't be calling it soulless. Ok, you don't like it, fine, but to say soulless is not true... Who other artist can say he live-remixes evey track 20 times for the audience, for every live act ?? He lives for the audience !!

Etnica wannabe ? Oh my, if you'd heard him play lately you'd know he's way beyond them now. If you'd seen the answer of the crowd lately, you'd say this guy truly is a soul-connector.

Let me propose you something: listen to the music.

thanks, ive listened to the music, not my cup of tea, and i do find it too synthetic.

for sound - youre right, when i hear a track, i know its filteria, and i also know its artist X and artist Y artist Z etc, too much of music that has allready been done, cant see much of creativity, its all mixed together, and not the best way, imo.

sure, hes better than "etnica" is now, but im sure you know that im talking about ETNICA from the 90s, full power creative fresh goa trance.

and to be honest, i dont care if some artist puts lots of time in his work, if i dont like it and find it lacking substance, then time spent on music doesnt matter, be it one hour or one month, if its not my cup of tea, its not my cup of tea.

hope i explained it well, have nothing against jannis personally :)

and what about that flanger saucer track ive asked about allready twice - anyone?

I've said hundreds of times that I love this guys music. It opened the door to goa for me back in 2004, I was into other stuff at that time. I liked goa though, but now I know I didn't fully understand it.

More of that, every time I play his tracks in my sets, the crowd goes cracy, completely insane :) And this combined with Pleiadians, provides ultimate out-of-this-World experience.

IMO, this album is already a classic.

Thank you, Jannis! :)

I've said hundreds of times that I love this guys music. It opened the door to goa for me back in 2004, I was into other stuff at that time. I liked goa though, but now I know I didn't fully understand it.

More of that, every time I play his tracks in my sets, the crowd goes cracy, completely insane :) And this combined with Pleiadians, provides ultimate out-of-this-World experience.

IMO, this album is already a classic.

Isn't Filteria still at #1 on your Last.FM all-time played list? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Isn't Filteria still at #1 on your Last.FM all-time played list? Or am I thinking of someone else?

He still is :) I'm diagn0z, actually, everywhere else I use this nickname (6yo now!) except psynews and isratrance forums, ah... and gmail :)

Posted Image

and to be honest, i dont care if some artist puts lots of time in his work, if i dont like it and find it lacking substance, then time spent on music doesnt matter, be it one hour or one month, if its not my cup of tea, its not my cup of tea.

hope i explained it well, have nothing against jannis personally :)

and what about that flanger saucer track ive asked about allready twice - anyone?

Call it substance-less then :P As Mars explain, I put my whole soul and dedicated my life for this music. Soulless sounds really ugly in this case..

To answer your question: There are now 4 versions of Flanger Saucer. The one that got released/will get released is kind of different from the old one..

Amphiton: Thanx for your support mate :)