Illuminations?

Trolsk

It has been a long time since Liquid Sound Design released a compilation and an even longer time since they released an excellent compilation. Acoording to their website there is an upcoming compilation called Illuminations but that is all the information there is. Saiko Sounds has set the release date to the 24th of November but as far as I can recall the release dates they set cannot be trusted.

So what's happening? When will their new compilation be released?

Nice. I had a feeling the label wouldn't be so exciting anymore with the new owner and all (right? I can't remember who's in charge now). But looking at the tracklist this looks rather good. Abakus!! :)

The appletree track is old though isn't it? Not that it matters too much.

Certainly curious to hear this

Really looking forward to getting this! Nice track list & apple tree in my back yard is great, hopefully it's there to aid the flow of the album, if that's true it's a good sign in my book.

Listened to 3 amazing LSD releases today! I so hope this is up to standard with the likes of

Butterfly Dawn

Abakus

Tripswitch

Youth in Dub II

I should wait but I don't think I will ;)

Ah damn....I was quite excited when I heard the news about an LSD release,but unfortunately ,judjing from samples, i didnt fell in love with it! It sounded way too buddha bar ;):(

Tracks that I liked a lot are 7 and 8,but the rest is not equivalent to previous releases of LSD....but that is just me...check it out for yourselves! ;)

According to the cover Appletree In My Backyard is an Abakus remix.

Oooh! That makes me want to hear it even more. I thought I remembered reading somewhere sometime ago that Russel Davies had stopped doing the Abakus kind of music as he did on the 2004 album, and he had moved towards "minimal stuff", but I suppose now he's still around doing his things, sweet!

I hadn't thought of taking a look at the cover myself. Cheers :)

Judging from the samples.. I'm liking the Appletree remix (very much), Abakus vs Youth, and Tripswitch (a little).

The others don't quite excite me, kind of what I've been afraid of since LSD got a new man in charge.

I guess it does not entirely live up to my expectations..

but I find even LSD's okay tracks are still pretty far above average.

Totally Agree..... Dragonfly/LSD released only good music since 1993. This is the best label.

• 2 years later...

Wow, it appears as if I am two years late in finding out about this. I took a break from chill for a while--too many same-sounding releases and bland experiences. This, however, is quite a cool compilation. Many of the songs have made an immediate impact. And I really like the Appletree remix. If you missed it like I did perhaps it's worth returning to...