Something very intersting

Lost Buddha

According to someone else

it actually works on a rather simple input/output method. The input is a video camera, which records the motion, angle and orientation of each block placed on the table.

Each symbol on these blocks is then interpreted by the computer and given an ID number which executes a set of instructions depending on its ID.

The output isnt a fancy plasma screen either, but a standard projector which projects changes back out to the table to make it semi-interactive.

Posted Image

Well it is and it isn't... Look at all the different devices, sequencers, samplers... It's like a completely modular host application, any device can effect any other device. Extremely cool.  :)

642506[/snapback]

Yeah I really like the "flexibility"... very hands on so to speak ;)

I think its just nice to use old things in a "new" way, I mean, it just gives a more direct flow... more like an instrument maybe :unsure:

Interesting. The concept seems innovative I presume.

But wouldn't this take an awful lot of work to do something that can be perfected on the cpu? You have two hands trying to sync everything up eventually it would seem difficult mixing (bringing in and out) multiple layers of sounds with so many objects on the whatever-thing they're on.

Still, looks interesting.

Yeah I really like the "flexibility"... very hands on so to speak ;)

I think its just nice to use old things in a "new" way, I mean, it just gives a more direct flow... more like an instrument maybe :unsure:

642512[/snapback]

Imagine the future: Ability to Connect it to a laptop or transfer loops from it to the cubes, and 2-3 or more artists playing a live act.. ;)