what about this scene?

Lost Buddha

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here´s one for u man.

Flaming is the act of posting messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting, usually in the social context of a discussion board on the Internet. Such messages are called flames, and are sometimes posted in response to flamebait. Flaming is said by some to be one of a class of economic problems known as The Tragedy of the Commons, when a group holds a resource (in this case, communal attention), but each of the individual members has an incentive to overuse it. Flamers usually call their flames justified attacks.

wikipedia powa.

Telling people not to voice negative feelings or opinions is an attempt to silence them, is it not? It's perfectly logical.

579546[/snapback]

Attempting to silence (censor) the silencers (censors) is illogical and doubly wrong. Again, to me there appears to be two types of moaning:

1. For the team (Lost Buddha) = positive force

2. For the self (Elysium) = negative force

Those who attempt to silence the first type (nemo) are destructive and self-serving. Those who attempt to silence the second type are also destructive, but with the goal of being ultimately constructive (i.e., Machiavellian).

Attempting to silence (censor) the silencers (censors) is illogical and doubly wrong. Again, to me there appears to be two types of moaning:

Those who attempt to silence the first type (nemo) are destructive and self-serving. Those who attempt to silence the second type are also destructive, but with the goal of being ultimately constructive (i.e., Machiavellian).

579628[/snapback]

Interesting way of looking at it but I don't see it like that. Not to worry, it's these little differences that make us all special.

579628[/snapback]

I feel insulted by that Otto, Really I do. You are saying that I am trying to silence him to gain something from that? What do you really think that I would gain? I dont get it.....

Well I am off to Portugal to go to the Boom festival, so I suppose I am still in the scene. Somewhat.

There are quite a few issues discussed in the thread and thrown together. I could write a really long list of points that I would like to state, some probably already previously mentioned before, but for now these will do:

(1) scenes change and music changes and it can also fragment. You might not like all of it - try to catch a piece that you do like. I have. Plenty of stuff I don't like, but I still find interesting stuff. I don't get too worked up about the shitty full-on - it is like getting depressed because people think that Pete Doherty is cool. My life is too good....

(2) support the artists, parties etc you like. You know what I mean - pay for the music, spread the gospel. That is the least we can do.

(3) expectations are a big part of the trip. In my case, it has always been music first and only then the cool people that made the experience so much better. But I have never been gung-ho on the "psy-tribe", nor created false illusions (nor heightened expectations) about the scene. I partied with some people, and made a few friends. Sure, my soul was touched a bit - but not too much. I never expected to create a family etc out of the scene. Some have tried to their benefit...or later disappointment.

(4) many of the party problems are due to reasons tied to unprofessionalism, incompetence, greed or/and dishonesty. I think we can all agree on that.

(5) Perhaps we should think about ways we can improve the scene? Imagine if Mars had not put up this website cos he couldn't be bothered...

Pedro

(5) Perhaps we should think about ways we can improve the scene?

579638[/snapback]

the society is particularly a scene, isnt it?

tools to improve the society are politicians and cheap entertainment.

if this wont work we still have the option: psychiatry.

how would u try to improve the imaginary thing called "this scene"?

I feel insulted by that Otto, Really I do. You are saying that I am trying to silence him to gain something from that? What do you really think that I would gain? I dont get it.....

579634[/snapback]

I can understand trying to hush someone who's not putting the proper work into making the scene a better place, but you immediately tried to hush Mr. Buddha, who has been attempting in his own creative way to contribute and maintain some integrity in this scene, and I found that blatantly destructive.

I can understand trying to hush someone who's not putting the proper work into making the scene a better place, but you immediately tried to hush Mr. Buddha, who has been attempting in his own creative way to contribute and maintain some integrity in this scene, and I found that blatantly destructive.

579647[/snapback]

Read PM....

the society is particularly a scene, isnt it?

tools to improve the society are politicians and cheap entertainment.

if this wont work we still have the option: psychiatry.

how would u try to improve the imaginary thing called "this scene"?

579646[/snapback]

Err...not sure what you are on about. Perhaps you read too much in my statement.

It is easy to contribute in small, obvious ways (supporting the music, the parties etc).

There are more significant ways that people can help - from promoting parties, making music, etc. (also all fairly obvious).

My comment was a combination of looking to see what (if any) bright ideas people had, as well as exhorting those with talent, drive, money, or time etc not to give up on the scene. When a "scene" is as small as ours, sometimes it does not take too many people to make a difference...

I gave the example of Mars and this website as a way of supporting the music and the community.

At any rate, I'm off...

Pedro

Err...not sure what you are on about. Perhaps you read too much in my statement.

579663[/snapback]

yes. some people read diagonally. but i read holographically.

It is easy to contribute in small, obvious ways (supporting the music, the parties etc).

There are more significant ways that people can help - from promoting parties, making music, etc. (also all fairly obvious).

579663[/snapback]

Good Ideas!

I have a dream:

More parties for free where people contribute money if they want.

More or less secret parties outside .. not big known events.

Events with a couple hundred or less enthusiasts somewhere outside in nature.

Alot small party organizing groups of people. Parties consisting of active people and their friends. Friends who may organise their own small events in future. They would only invite each other group of party organizers and friends. No flyering, no much spreading of infos, no name dropping; independence. More or less secret family parties. Parties offering low-priced drinks and food (and free mystical punch).

Lot's of parties each weekend to choose from. Eveything will be a surprise. You would experience unexpected happenings, individual styles and pleasures.

Imagine the change when such parties would gain reputation! Interests in mass "festivals" would drop quickly. Imagine if suddenly artists and known djs would join in such free and independent parties just for the fun. They might contribute with free performances to gain a (whole new) reputation. They may perform with unkown material which will never ever find a way to record labels.

(of course it will work without famous names ... but imagine!!!)

I have a dream:

More parties for free where people contribute money if they want.

More or less secret parties outside .. not big known events.

Events with a couple hundred or less enthusiasts somewhere outside in nature.

Alot small party organizing groups of people. Parties consisting of active people and their friends. Friends who may organise their own small events in future. They would only invite each other group of party organizers and friends. No flyering, no much spreading of infos, no name dropping; independence. More or less secret family parties. Parties offering low-priced drinks and food (and free mystical punch).

Lot's of parties each weekend to choose from. Eveything will be a surprise. You would experience unexpected happenings, individual styles and pleasures.

Imagine the change when such parties would gain reputation! Interests in mass "festivals" would drop quickly. Imagine if suddenly artists and known djs would join in such free and independent parties just for the fun. They might contribute with free performances to gain a (whole new) reputation. They may perform with unkown material which will never ever find a way to record labels.

(of course it will work without famous names ... but imagine!!!)

579687[/snapback]

In the absence of any bookings outside the UK this summer, you have pretty much just described OOOD and Voice of Cod's July and August.

Ok, im gonna be arrogant and say that I was one of the first psy trancers in Sweden back then, and I know more about this music than all of you!! ANYONE that started after 1994 basically is a noob, because you dont know JACK SHIT about what it was like back then!

HAH!

579552[/snapback]

1994? N00B

In the absence of any bookings outside the UK this summer, you have pretty much just described OOOD and Voice of Cod's July and August.

1994? N00B

579715[/snapback]

Nah man I started WAY before 1994, but if you didnt experience 1990-1994 youre a NOOB! ;)