what about this scene?

Lost Buddha

thats wrong man , wrong.... imo we shouldnt shut up with our opinions , but do something about it , and thats what im doing , doing goa music and now protesting  :P

578979[/snapback]

Well, it gets tiresome after a while.... And of course you should have your opinion, but pissing on the scene, pissing on the label, and pissing on the other artists isnt very creative....

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay... Nemo... first off, Lost Buddha is one of those few people who is tryin to fix the Goa scene and tryin to get that old music back that was just about the trance. you dont have a right to be sayin stuff like that when u dont know him.

Of course I have the right to say what I want. Reason for why im "bitching" at him is because of this thread CLICKY I dont like when people act as gods either, and sometimes Lost Buddah sure makes me think that he thinks hes god. Bitching at the other artists on his label etc etc.... not a nice thing to do... or is it?

and just wat exactly are you doing to help out the scene? bitching at everyone that u think you are better than?

More than you are doing, but I Havent done anything in a year due to sickness (Diabetes made me temporary Blind for about 3 months) and birth of my son of course has taken quiet much of readjusting. The in the coming year though, we have 5 releases and 7 parties planned... what about you?!

And this is not about wow im doing so much about the scene... im the greatest, this is about starting a topic saying the scene is CRAP! Which for me is wining instead of acting.

yea... techno is gay and has no trance involved. if ur gonna talk bout how good acid techno is go to a different forumn. this isn't about other scenes, this is about goa/psytrance. if u dont like the bitching, then why dont YOU leave, cuz u seem like the only one here who is really bitching, cept me, cuz now i have a reason to bitch, you.

Why? To broaden your horizons? Oh and did I mention that the way you wrote the above sound so GAY?! No offense buddy, but dont you think you can try and argue instead of using words like "this is gay, that is gay..." That sounds SO "American" ;)

AND Have you actually listened to some of the Acid Techno being released? Some of it is very much super psychedelic, and reminds A LOT of the old school acid goa style. That is why I am suggesting that scene. Some labels in the Psy Scene would not touch Buddahs music with a Spanner, but some other "Techno" labels MIGHT.

You talk like the whole world revolves around you. snap back into reality it doesn't. and the world would be an easy place to live in if there weren't people like you in it.

No I dont think that the whole world evoles around me, If you would know me, you would soon see that Im pretty much helping everyone out that needs to be helped.

Im a very humble person (Yes I love myself very much as well, because that is what you are going to say arent you?), but Lost Buddha somewhat pissed me off with his pissy attitude against his label, his fellow artists on that label, and in this thread.

thats just a lil piece of my mind. YOU suck. <_<

<_<

Not as good as you aparently.... (Ok this one was pretty childish, but I just HAD TO).

I hope That you take this the wrong way, im merely trying to explain why im pissed off with all the bitching and moaning.

Posts like "THIS SCENE SUCKS" "I hate the music being released nowadays" "CRAP THIS SCENE IS" isnt too creative, or do you think that with posts like that you are going to CHANGE something? I dont THINK so!

Edited by nemo

haha all these rants about the scene are just pathetic...

578953[/snapback]

I think it's great. You're not a real psytrancer until you bitch and moan about how great it was in the past and that everyone making music now are complete dickheads with no talent and just race away in insanly high bpms, often over 150!

Keep in mind, real psytrancers have been doing this for about 10 years now.

578955[/snapback]

:lol:

Tell me about it. I discovered Eat Static in 1994. At the age of 12. I can't say much about how the scene was back then due to my age at the time, but the music ... I loved it back then, still loving it now. It has evolved. For better or worse? That's a subjective opinion, innit?

578962[/snapback]

I totaly agree to that! To me it seems that a lot of people who are fed up with the scene also want to destroy it for all the others with talking only negative stuff.

All that "dont bitch the scene is cool" talk is nice but what about US? the goa freaks that want some melodies and some acid in their music?

I would be perfectly happy there is full-on and high bpm dark madness being released if there was ALSO goa and old school psytrance being released! I could at least have the freedom of choice! ;)

We bitch cause the music we like has beeen replaced by one that we dont!

Its perfectly normal!

578971[/snapback]

There are still some small amounts of goa-like tracks, stuff from the suntrip label or smaller releases you can get over the net. Imho the scene never had a bigger amount of different styles to offer. Sure, there is nearly nothing like the real old-school goa but since this music style is more than 10 years old it's only natural that the music has changed. Hip-Hop does not sounds like it did 10 years ago, trance doesn't, techno doesn't, even pop doesn't!

:lol:

I totaly agree to that! To me it seems that a lot of people who are fed up with the scene also want to destroy it for all the others with talking only negative stuff.

There are still some small amounts of goa-like tracks, stuff from the suntrip label or smaller releases you can get over the net. Imho the scene never had a bigger amount of different styles to offer. Sure, there is nearly nothing like the real old-school goa but since this music style is more than 10 years old it's only natural that the music has changed. Hip-Hop does not sounds like it did 10 years ago, trance doesn't, techno doesn't, even pop doesn't!

579044[/snapback]

Shit Tatsu, if I only had your sense of tact :(:) Agreed as well! :D

EDIT: Just for your information, I edited my Reply before, so go read it again. I just woke up when I wrote it, and it was HORRIBLY spelled, and also... well, just read ;)

I think it's great. You're not a real psytrancer until you bitch and moan about how great it was in the past and that everyone making music now are complete dickheads with no talent and just race away in insanly high bpms, often over 150!

Keep in mind, real psytrancers have been doing this for about 10 years now.

578955[/snapback]

Yeah, all true psytrancers are jaded, which means they are all 1337. =)

Guest Elysium

I find it refreshing when artists got the balls to say what they think.

I am aware of that some people think artists should be "sheeps" who dont speak and only make music but that's their problem and not the artists that have an opinion and speak out. Or "good examples" and stay quite..... caugh caugh... yeah right......while it apparently seem dandy all good to them that their favorite artists are so "good examples" when they praise the wonders of drugs to young kids ;)

I also think the scene is crap these days. I dont particulary miss the Goa music even though I prefer it a 1000 times over todays copy & paste kilarghhhh music.. But that's a matter of taste. What I miss is the attitude and the respect toward eachother. Today it's all about ego's and dipping the nose in white powder and score a hot scooter rave chick with a cool tattoo and barbi boots.

Then call me a whiner etc. Who cares really.. The Scene sux!

Edited by Elysium

The Scene sux!

579138[/snapback]

It does.

Yes.

Its become so materialistic, commerical, ego-driven, and a bit pants really. I dont like going to parties anymore because it just feels so "forced" and fake. People are only nice to you because they are high, sometimes they arnt even nice at all. Beh. Id rather trip at home.

a scene .. what is a scene??

an illusion of the humand mind. a help to categorize people and the world.

"I see the connections ... let's find a name for it. let's name it THIS scene!" :)

Ok, nowadays we have lots of similarities at parties: For example the Music, the locations and maybe drugs & decos.

But are you sure it will be the same scene next time than it was last friday?

So what do you mean with THIS scene?

Go and combine scenes, split and cut scenes and most important create your very own scene!

Firstly, those people calling on the moaners to shut up, please shut up, because you really piss me off. What gives you the right to try silencing people, I don't know. Small penises perhaps? A lack of love as a child? Maybe the realisation that psy music is getting shitter and shitter but not yet having the strength to accept it? Whatever the reason, stop it. <_<

If someone thinks psy music is shit, they should be able to voice that opinion without little Hitler's telling them to stop moaning. People have as much right to say 'I love something' or 'something is great' as they do saying 'I hate something' or 'something is shit'.

Finally, if anyone wants to tell me to shut up and to stop bitching at the people bitching at the people bitching about psy music, please go ahead and exercise your right. Indeed I encourage it.

It does.

Yes.

Its become so materialistic, commerical, ego-driven, and a bit pants really. I dont like going to parties anymore because it just feels so "forced" and fake. People are only nice to you because they are high, sometimes they arnt even nice at all. Beh. Id rather trip at home.

579140[/snapback]

You make an excellent point and one that turned me off going to psy parties a long time ago, namely that the majority of people are high and are in a false state of happiness and a false state of being nice. On top of that they're usually fake, wannabe-hippies too. Add the fact the music's nowhere near as good, nowhere near as imaginitive, and nowhere near as spiritual as it was 5 years ago, and you have yourself one dying scene, spitting up blood in fits and spasms.

Guest Elysium

If someone thinks psy music is shit, they should be able to voice that opinion without little Hitler's telling them to stop moaning. People have as much right to say 'I love something' or 'something is great' as they do saying 'I hate something' or 'something is shit'.

It warm my heart to see that some one else got the point here at psynews. Just be prepared to get flamed. ;)

It's the same with reviews. At psynews it's a sin to make a negative review. Especially if it's some popular artists here ;)

Firstly, those people calling on the moaners to shut up, please shut up, because you really piss me off. What gives you the right to try silencing people, I don't know. Small penises perhaps? A lack of love as a child? Maybe the realisation that psy music is getting shitter and shitter but not yet having the strength to accept it? Whatever the reason, stop it.  <_<

Finally, if ayone wants to tell me to shut up and to stop bitching at the people bitching at the people bitching about psy music, please go ahead and exercise your right. Indeed I encourage it.

You make an excellent point and one that turned me off going to psy parties a long time ago, namely that the majority of people are high and are in a false state of happiness and a false state of being nice. On top of that they're usually fake, wannabe-hippies too. Add the fact the music's nowhere near as good, nowhere near as imaginitive, and nowhere near as spiritual as it was 5 years ago, and you have yourself one dying scene, spitting up blood in fits and spasms.

579169[/snapback]

So basicly you tell us moaners about the moaners to shut up because you can complain but we can't?! :lol::lol:

I'm sorry for pulling your leg but I do get your point. I also understand your frustration. Never the less I'm also a bit frustrated when I see topics and topics about how bad the scene is and now this one with even only two words by the thread starter. I just wonder if the low quality of the music (to use your words, I personally like also a lot of the new music), the stupid drugged up people and so on are the only reasons for some peoples disappointment with the scene. To me it seems that some glorify the past and forget about the bad sides of the scene that also existed back then. Especially when we're talking about the drugs. Even when I started to go to parties about 5 or 6 years ago there were drugs everywhere, not only acid or shrooms but also speed and coke and xtc. I got told that this was also the case before my time. The only difference was, that the scene was much smaller and people know each other much better. But also then there were "fake" hippies (this therm always makes me wonder you people can judge others to be fakes this and that just because of looks or because you've met eachother once at a party) around and other strange or stupid people.

I'm not saying that everything in the scene is great, I'm far from that. But I also speak up when people only mentioning the bad sides, I'm not letting myself being pulled down by others just because they don't like where this scene is going now. I agree that the scene is changing a lot, but just because of that it is not going to die. It might die for you if you don't like the direction but if you are not up to organise your own parties or produce your own music then nothing can change that for you. Unfortunately the scene NEVER will be like it was 10 years ago, nothing ever will.

I feel sorry for you if you don't like the new music. It's your good right to speak up against it. But if you expect others to change their taste just because you know the only real music, then this will not happen.

It warm my heart to see that some one else got the point here at psynews.  Just be prepared to get flamed.  ;)

It's the same with reviews.  At psynews it's a sin to make a negative review. Especially if it's some popular artists here ;)

579177[/snapback]

Yeah right, this is why big artists like IM, Astrix, Yahel, Eskimo and Skazi get flamed all the time when just their names are mentioned... ;)

Firstly, those people calling on the moaners to shut up, please shut up, because you really piss me off. What gives you the right to try silencing people, I don't know. Small penises perhaps? A lack of love as a child? Maybe the realisation that psy music is getting shitter and shitter but not yet having the strength to accept it? Whatever the reason, stop it.  <_<

Finally, if anyone wants to tell me to shut up and to stop bitching at the people bitching at the people bitching about psy music, please go ahead and exercise your right. Indeed I encourage it.

579169[/snapback]

Its not the moaning that really gets to me, its the fact that its just moaning, and no tries to make things better..... When was the last time we saw a post going like this:

I dont like what is going on in our scene, to be honest, I hate what is going on. I do have an idea on how to improve it (a lot of ideas can be inserted here) and finally, who is willing to join me?!

I think the REACTIONS of that post would be a lot better than if you just post: I HATE HATE HATE. FUCK THE SCENE!

Dont you agree?!

EDIT:

The first post of this thread reminded me of a spoiled child going "I dont want to work, GIVE ME MONEY DAD!"

That is why I reacted the way I did.... because its a LOT of those posts out there....

EDIT AGAIN: Shit now im really gonna get flamed....

Edited by nemo

Guest Elysium

Never the less I'm also a bit frustrated when I see topics and topics about how bad the scene is and now this one with even only two words by the thread starter.

Then may I advice you to live according to your own words that you told me one or twice? Don't participate...Ignore it or debate (as I know you do) without telling people to not express what they think. I think thats the only fair way and respectable way in a forum and scene that's so split today. That everybody can say what they feel without being called various names and silenced. Yes it was also a little push to those in this forum who still have no clue how to debate without getting eprsonal and insulting.

It seem to me it's all dandy fine to be pro something.. To go with the masses here on psynews and be one of the "chaps"... But dare those who have another opinion or those who do not fall into line here and think Talpa and co. is ooooh so amazing (no offense Talpa.. Just an example).

I have never understood why it is so hard for some of you here to debate without trying to shut up those who do not think as you. Example after example show that the majority (those with the "right" taste) here have a very hard time accepting other people's taste and opinion's when it come to genres. Yes I have made fun of Full On on many occasions and people know I dislike most Full On but I have never told those who love Full On to shut up and not say what they think.. So why on earth should those of us that think the scene is equal to crap stay silent becuase it's not appealing to those ears who love the way the scene has turned out?

Food for though,

And no tatsu it was not directed at you personally even though you do tend to tell people they are not "positive" when they do not agree with you on the scene's development - First and all it was an observation and comment in general.

Its not the moaning that really gets to me, its the fact that its just moaning, and no tries to make things better..... When was the last time we saw a post going like this:

I dont like what is going on in our scene, to be honest, I hate what is going on. I do have an idea on how to improve it (a lot of ideas can be inserted here) and finally, who is willing to join me?!

I think the REACTIONS of that post would be a lot better than if you just post: I HATE HATE HATE. FUCK THE SCENE!

Dont you agree?!

EDIT:

The first post of this thread reminded me of a spoiled child going "I dont want to work, GIVE ME MONEY DAD!"

That is why I reacted the way I did.... because its a LOT of those posts out there....

579181[/snapback]

To be fair, a number of those moaning about the scene are actively trying to resurrect goa by organising parties and booking DJ's who play mainly goa trance.

It could also be argued that through moaning, they are planting the seeds of change in people's minds, and that over time they will encourage people, one by one, to stop buying new releases until psy artists start producing better music. It's not likely, I know, but one must have hope.

Guest Elysium

Dont you agree?!

EDIT:

EDIT AGAIN: Shit now im really gonna get flamed....

579181[/snapback]

I tried it in my little non important way (creating non mainstream music, various debates, website, e-mails to artists, organisers and labels)... almost nobody gave a shit mate.

I am sorry but I totally disagree with you. let those who think the scene is crap say what they think without telling them to shut it.... Just as you should be able to say that you think it's all fine and nice.

To sit and tell us that it sound like a spoiled child is actually quite offensive and not very constructive (I knwo it's not your intention though). But if I did not know you better and know you are a good guy I would get a slightly different opinion about you (I hope it's ok that i also critisise you a little hehe).

As I wrote in my previous post. I simply can not understand the problem in that some say they dont like the scene.. Why is it such a big sin? I fail to see it.

* ps. I hope it is ok I debate here? - Just let me know if I (with my psychic abilities) force everybody to flip out ;) *

Edited by Elysium

I tried it in my little non important way (creating non mainstream music, various debates, website, e-mails to artists, organisers and labels)...  almost nobody gave a shit mate.

I am sorry but I totally disagree with you.  let those who think the scene is crap say what they think without telling them to shut it.... Just as you should be able to say that you think it's all fine and nice.

To sit and tell us that it sound like a spoiled child is actually quite offensive and not very constructive (I knwo it's not your intention though). But if I did not know you better and know you are a good guy I would get a slightly different opinion about you (I hope it's ok that i also critisise you a little hehe).

As I wrote in my previous post.  I simply can not understand the problem in that some say they dont like the scene.. Why is it such a big sin?  I fail to see it.

579189[/snapback]

Exactly. It basically boils down to expression, and the right to do so in any way people see fit.

It could be argued that those people bitching at the people bitching about psy music are merely exercising their own right to expression, but the difference is they are doing so with the purpose of supressing other people's freedom of expression, and so the argument is quite hypocritical.

Then may I advice you to live according to your own words that you told me one or twice?  Don't participate...Ignore it or debate (as I know you do) without telling people to not express what they think.  I think thats the only fair way and respectable way in a forum and scene that's so split today. That everybody can say what they feel without being called various names and silenced. Yes it was also a little push to those in this forum who still have no clue how to debate without getting eprsonal and insulting.

It seem to me it's all dandy fine to be pro something.. To go with the masses here on psynews and be one of the "chaps"...  But dare those who have another opinion or those who do not fall into line here and think Talpa and co. is ooooh so amazing (no offense Talpa.. Just an example).

I have never understood why it is so hard for some of you here to debate without trying to shut up those who do not think as you.  Example after example show that the majority (those with the "right" taste) here have a very hard time accepting other people's taste and opinion's when it come to genres.  Yes I have made fun of Full On on many occasions and people know I dislike most Full On but I have never told those who love Full On to shut up and not say what they think..  So why on earth should those of us that think the scene is equal to crap stay silent becuase it's not appealing to those ears who love the way the scene has turned out?

Food for though,

And no tatsu it was not directed at you personally even though you do tend to tell people they are not "positive" when they do not agree with you on the scene's development -  Firts and all it was an observation and comment in general.

579185[/snapback]

You know what I don't like? You pick out one sentence of my whole post and comment it whitout even reading or at least not caring about the rest I wrote. I told nobody to shut up. I just speak up (as said in the rest of the post you didn't quote) to show that there are also good parts, at least for me, in something that is only spoken negative about here by some people. Besides that I agree with nemo, if you only complain without acting out, then nothing will change. Even when it's only buying the few new releases you like or tell other people about it so they buy it.

I totally agree about your opinion when it comes to the taste debate. There are way to many people (some (not all) of them also moan endlessly about how bad the scene has become) that brag about how their style is the only one and who bitch about all the other styles. Just admit that you listen to full-on in this forum and then prepare to get flamed immediately. So much for open-mindedness...I also think it's rather funny when the same people complain about the shiva-nazis at the parties and then use the same formula ast he shiva-nazis (music taste and looks) to judge other people. This is imho what brnigs the scene down, not the minimal wave or the full-on wave or the dark psy-wave.

There are way to many people (some (not all) of them also moan endlessly about how bad the scene has become) that brag about how their style is the only one and who bitch about all the other styles. Just admit that you listen to full-on in this forum and then prepare to get flamed immediately. So much for open-mindedness...

579194[/snapback]

Hey, don't pick on radi.

Hey, don't pick on radi.

579196[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

(sorry for regering but I couldn't help it)