Sri Hari - Rising Sign CD

Guest antic

Guest antic

Guys, I've seen this CD all over eBay and Discogs says that Ian Ion (1/2 of old Koxbox) was involved in this project, so this should be interesting...

Unfortunately, I can't find any samples :(

Do you have any info about this (Anoebis, DP, Draeke, Tatsu - I see you have it)? What it's like?

http://www.discogs.com/release/238797

I like this CD a lot. It's nice floating, melodic goa trance with mantra singing and similar mystic/hindu samples. Some parts (I'm speaking about the melodies, not the general production quality) sort of remind me on the old hallucinogen tracks, from the feelings the tracks give me. But this might not be the case with all people, so don't expect something like uh it's a second Simon Possfort or anything like that.

Well I have Sri Hari s both albums

they have got nothing to do with Kox Box musically

They re very eastern spiritual themed psychedelic goa trance cd s

Hence they came out of an ashram book press

along with one other artist

then caused some problems an ashram pressing a drug oriented music cd s blah blah and so forth

thats what I remember

can be nice to listen sometimes, may be a bit too hippy for most :)

Guys, I've seen this CD all over eBay and Discogs says that Ian Ion (1/2 of old Koxbox) was involved in this project, so this should be interesting...

Do you have any info about this (Anoebis, DP, Draeke, Tatsu - I see you have it)? What it's like?

565549[/snapback]

To be honest, I don't like them one bit... i had them in a pile of cds I won, and I hardly ever listened to that one, it's typical Hare Krishna Shanti Shanti ohm stuff, more concentrated on the Krishna samples instead of the music... it would deserve only a 1/5 on my scale of music :s

Guys, could any of you send me few samples from the CD? I can't find it nowhere :(

565588[/snapback]

I don't have the possibility of ripping my CDs and sending stuff out. I'm sorry! :(

Guest antic

I don't have the possibility of ripping my CDs and sending stuff out. I'm sorry! :(

565590[/snapback]

no problem, thanks for the comments anyway :D

I have "Rising Sign" , bought it off some monk ages ago.

It´s decent, like Lemmi, I don`t like "religious" music as such, but the not so krishna intensive tracks are nice.

565549[/snapback]

I have 2 Sri Hari cds, and they are great. If you like SPIRITUAL shanti shanti trance :) There is no other way of describing it.

Ian Ion is a devoted, Hare Krishna member, and also does do music for them. :) I got the Cds of him when he was outside a party spreading his love and light to the people :) Nice guy indeed!

Worth a listen for sure :)

I have 2 Sri Hari cds, and they are great. If you like SPIRITUAL shanti shanti trance :) There is no other way of describing it.

Ian Ion is a devoted, Hare Krishna member, and also does do music for them. :) I got the Cds of him when he was outside a party spreading his love and light to the people :) Nice guy indeed!

Worth a listen for sure :)

565656[/snapback]

ah well, maybe the reason why I dislike it is because I have a total Hare Krishna trauma... A HUGE one, if I even hear those chanting vocals I put it off... :P But I just tried again, and it's just not my cup of tea... Nataraja 1 playing now, 100 times better :)

ah well, maybe the reason why I dislike it is because I have a total Hare Krishna trauma... A HUGE one, if I even hear those chanting vocals I put it off... :P But I just tried again, and it's just not my cup of tea... Nataraja 1 playing now, 100 times better :)

565774[/snapback]

Totally understand what you mean, I can relate to that as well. I had a babysitter who was all into the Hare Krishna thing, and I sometimes shiver when I see them running on the streets... they dont bother me though, friendly and peaceful people :)

Anyways, if you dont like the shanting, of course I can recommend NOT to get it. But from a collectors point of view, this is a must have, solely based on the fact that Ian Ion is the producer.

Anyways, I still like it....

what was my post about again? :D

The music is 'okay' - that's it... The first CD being slightly better than the second... I hardly ever listen to 'em because they are too mediocre and I guess too spiritual, but yeah, from a collective view point, they are interesting...

Oh, and sorry, I can't make sound-clips either...

/DP

they were made by the hare krishna society here in denmark back in the day.

they were sold on the street, directly from the hare krishna peoples, and you paid whatever you feel like paying. i remember back in 95 when i was about 12 i bought "rising sign" on tape. and it was in my walkman for the next loong time. dont know where it is today though.

anyway, the cds are not that hard to get for me who lives in denmark. i have also sent a handfull overseas, over the years :) i will keep my eyes open for them again.

Guest Astro Cortex

I took a quick listen to that CD in a record store not too long ago. The chanting was a huge turn-off for me too, I thought I was listening to Enigma in Hare Krishna mode or something. Seems I have that shanti shanti trauma as well. Ian Ion back or forth, I'd only recommend it to the die hard collectors.

they were made by the hare krishna society here in denmark back in the day.

they were sold on the street, directly from the hare krishna peoples, and you paid whatever you feel like paying. i remember back in 95 when i was about 12 i bought "rising sign" on tape. and it was in my walkman for the next loong time. dont know where it is today though.

anyway, the cds are not that hard to get for me who lives in denmark. i have also sent a handfull overseas, over the years :) i will keep my eyes open for them again.

566824[/snapback]

Hehe, thats how I got my copies, met this very nice munk kinda fellow in the middle of Odense and we started talking - I then bought some of his CDs.

Funny thing is one or two years later I ran into the same guy and had another chat.

About the music, I do think some of it sounds a BIT like Koxbox, but mostly the production and clarity of sound.

Sharing studios I think ? Bauneholm Studios.

For sure, the purpose of this music is spiritual - And I would say, these releases are "Spiritual Trance", not something I really experienced becoming that popular at the time, because people wanted israeli trance with lots of melodies (proto full on).

Anyways - Some of the lyrics become too much, however, some are ok if you keep an open mind - Which is of course not possible when you just dismiss it as hare krishna cliche... Still, this IS the real stuff...

Id much rather listen to this spiritual and often vocally driven trance, than newer dali, hypersonic, skazi or infected mushroom.. The Sri Hari stuff is more balanced and real.

- Krell

Hmm,

Here I am nursing my hangover with a few brews and this topic has degenerated into a flamewar.

Someone in this topic said that the krishna music is the "real" thing, while in effect it is no more real than other philosophically/religiously skewed music, yes?

"Sometimes I am right and I can be wrong, my own beliefs are in my song"

I for one do not adhere in any way with the hare krishna, hence the remark.

As to the flamewar at hand, this radi character is an obvious troll, yet you banned cinos for his little immature "black metal" view on life?

I´d use a smiley but this forum forces these lame looking .gif ones.

np: Dj Shadow - Stem / Long stem

*ninja edit*

Some people cannot provide sound clips etc.. because they are

a) lazy

B ) lack hosting\webspace

c) not computer literate enough

Anyone who wants to download said album, try soulseek

This topic has been moderated. 30 posts have been set invisible. Are you people sane?

Please let me remind you that this is the General section, and NOT the:

- MP3 sharing section - radi604 please READ the rules of this forum, psynews hosts a forum for discussions, and NOT music sharing.

- Off Topic section - all of you, read again the first post of this topic, it's all about Sri Hari - Rising Sign CD

- Insult section - OD and radi604, if we'll ever support situations where people insult eachother, we will create a new section, The Insults Section! For now we don't, so please control yourselves! READ the forum rules. And try not to get provoked so easily, you see how easy it is to ruin someone's thread. It's a shame.

- Troll section - radi604, "trolling" is reffering to "creating trouble", and this is what everybody is complaining of. Stop being a troll, stop ruining people's topics, read the forum rules and behave accordingly.

Consider this as a warning!

Please all continue discussions ON TOPIC, or else i'll close this thread, with appologies to antic.

I usually like chanting in music, enigma, deep forest & the like but there is something about hare krishna that I really don't like. Probably the message they preach about peace but when I read their book it was all about a violent chav.

Didn't like this music <_<