Music : Response

seraph

What kind of music you like to listen in specific emotional conditions, name the genre you listen according to a certain condition...

UP / HIGH : PSYCHEDELIC TRANCE / HARD TECHNO / INDUSTRIAL

DOWN / CHILL : AMBIENT / DOWNTEMPO / OLD SCHOOL TRANCE

HAPPINESS / JOY : GOA TRANCE / ACID TRANCE / ACID HOUSE / PROG HOUSE

DARK / DEVIANT : DARK GOA / DARK PSY / INDUSTRIAL / IDM

WILD / CRAZY : DRUM'N'BASS / JUNGLE / HARD TECHNO

FUNNY / PARTY : BREAKBEAT / ELEKTRO / TECHNO

COOL / SMOOTH : PROG TRANCE / PROG TECHNO / PROG HOUSE

MIND TRIP : IDM / ELECTRONICA / AMBIENT / MINIMAL

SEX : DOWNTEMPO / DUB / AMBIENT

Happy/Normal: mellow, upbeat, melodic IDM/electronica/electro

Sad/Depressed: glitch ambient

Energetic/Aggressive: Goa/psy/tech/breaks

Artsy: abstract IDM/contemporary "classical"

Nostalgic/Sentimental: 70s/80s pop/rock

Itchy for something different: world/foreign

UP / HIGH : Dark Psy, Thrash Metal, Industrial Metal.

DOWN / CHILL : Downtempo, Electronica, Ambient, Soundtracks

HAPPINESS / JOY : Goa, Acid, Instrumental, Soundtracks

DARK / DEVIANT : Dark Atmospheric Psy, Industrial, Black Metal

WILD / CRAZY : Drum'n'Bass/Industrial/Breakcore

FUNNY / PARTY : Dark Psy, Full-On

COOL / SMOOTH : Techtrance, Minimal Tech, Acid Jazz

MIND TRIP : Electronica, Trip Hop, Downtempo, IDM, Progressive Techno, Progressive Metal

SEX : Downtempo, Ambient

UP / HIGH : Killarg psy / dark psy / metal / deathmetal / drum n bass

DOWN / CHILL : ambient / dub / chillout.

HAPPINESS / JOY : uplifting / melodic psy

DARK / DEVIANT : Dark Psy / Killarg Drum and Bass (War Omen style stuff )

WILD / CRAZY : Metal / Punk / Devil music :)

FUNNY / PARTY : Funky house / Chilled Loungy beats / trip hop

COOL / SMOOTH : Also something funky. Thievery Corporation.

MIND TRIP : 70's / 80's psychedelic rock / ambient. Really good modern ambient.

SEX : Warm, euphoric chill out / (massive attack / something contemporary.)

UP / ENERGETIC / PUSHING / HAPPY / CRAZY : All sorts of psy (except darkpsy!) ranging from fullon to progressive - can be anything from Hallucinogen over Etnoscope, Silicon Sound and S-Range up to Son Kite ... generally rather higher bpm.

POSTITIVE / HAPPY / CREATIVE : Progressive psy with not so high bpm ... I'm liking this stuff because it doesn't push you so much and is generally still having a positive overtone. When being in a creative or playful mood I enjoy stuff like Shiva Chandra :)

TRANCED / DEEP : Koxbox or Saikopod is ideal stuff for me for those phases - although I could enjoy almost anything psy in general ... dark or not dark, low or high bpm, doesn't matter.

ANGER / PUSHING : Darkpsy in general ... although sometimes it doesn't even have to be that dark, but rather fast. Some Industrial too ... even some industrial noise (Institut - Unto The Last Man). Also black metal in general I listen to when in those states of mind.

PARTY / NON-PSY CRAZY EVILISH (kinda) / ENERGETIC : In that situations I enjoy nordic humppa metal ... stuff like Korpiklaani or Finntroll (searching still for other bands in this sector) ... or other folk metal, but non-epic and fast and crazy.

PARTY / SOCIAL : that is a broad category and contains many different music types - it also depends on the party and the people. From metal over rock up to jazz or electronic even to pop music this covers everything that I find enjoyable on a scale from high up to down to the level where I can barely bear it without running away. When I'm social and talking to people I don't notice the music anyway.

CHILL / SMOOTH / SOCIAL : Ambient, chill and electronic music, but rather less focus on the ambient genre. Stuff from Thievery Corporation, Tosca over Jean Michel Jarre and Mike Oldfield up to Enigma is what I dig in those situations.

RELAXING / CHILL : There I like chilled music with ambient in between. Puff Dragon comes smooth then. Also Bluetech ... or Red Seal. Ott is smooth too. Chilling Matenda too.

DEEP CHILL / DREAM / MEDITATIVE : One word for it: ambient. Ranges from Carbon Based Lifeforms, Aes Dana, Solar Fields and Healer for deeply chilled or dreamy states up to Makyo or Padmasana for almost meditative states.

SAD / DEPRESSIVE : Depressive music ranging from melancholic dark ambient up to depressive neofolk. Also depressive black metal like Burzum - Det Som En Gang Var (his best piece IMO) or doom metal.

DARK / DEEP : Generally dark ambient. But not too melancholic pieces ... stuff like Ulf Söderberg fits. Need to get more in this direction ... but I'm seldom in the mood.

NON-PSY DREAMY : There I enjoy metal (Viking metal, to be precise) - and epic medieval ambient. That's where the "epic" folk metal also comes in. Also some black metal-ish stuff. As you see I like to dream off to various kinds of music - I just pick what I like. I tend to pick rather monotonous stuff if I'm tired so that I can slep off to it - Summoning for example, slept off to that already more than once ... but it's great stuff.

TIRED / SLEEP INDUCTION : Dark medieval ambient. I sleep off best to this stuff.

weird, i listen to various genres in various states of mind... example ...

happy/sad: morning trance or morning progressive.

happy/stressed: south african psy or uk psy

bored or party mode: dark psy or oldschool

stressed/tired: chillout, dub, progressive

"don't give a shit": Artifakt :lol:

mmm....well first of all nice topic seraph good idea!

so...heres mine:

UP / HIGH : Progressive psy trance, psytrance, Trance, Progressive House, Ambient - Chill (Yes for me sometimes is very HIGH)

DOWN / CHILL : Ambient - Chill, Dub, IDM, Electronic, Reggae, Rock

HAPPINES / JOY : Morning Trance, Pure Trance, Psytrance, Progressive

DARK / DEVIANT : Dark ambient, Atmospheric, electronic,

WILD / CRAZY : Drum n Bass, Breakbeat,

FUNNY / PARTY : RnB, Hip Hop, Funky House, Pop rock (sometimes)

COOL / SMOOTH : Progressive, House, Chill House,

MIND TRIP : Ambient (especially with headphones), Good psytrance, Goa trance, Electronica

In Love : Feeling Trance, Morning Trance, Rock,

SEX : Lounge

Cheers :)

these days i listen to music mostly randomly and stay away from goa/psy-except when i go for a walk. its the best to keep you walking and filter all the city noise!

so.. some reggae/dub, psybient/psydub and idm-esp. glitchy downtempo are in rotation

when i get bored i might listen to some psy or for a change put on some rock or whatever.. refreshing indeed.

its not like i got much interplay of emotions going on lately.. its an overall very boring/uneventful period for me. so these styles suit me perfectly ; )

I remember once when I was studying and got tired of rather emotional and harder music, I played Xerxes to chill and study normally  :rolleyes:

542968[/snapback]

lovely :) thank you for listening my friend!

lately i've been listening to a lot of solar fields. he really has got a unique sound and one that really trips me out. latest bluetech is a gem too ofcourse. and gaudi+testa continuum album is wonderful. so much goody out there :)

.x

best sex is on silence background

543527[/snapback]

Ummm, yeah, you are quite right over there....it gives you special intimate moment with the partner... :D

Ummm, yeah, you are quite right over there....it gives you special intimate moment with the partner... :D

543570[/snapback]

it's more exciting when you hear his/her breath and whispers and little noises instead of music :P

what was this thread about?? *throws herself out*

it's more exciting when you hear his/her breath and whispers and little noises instead of music :P

what was this thread about?? *throws herself out*

543593[/snapback]

* Pulls her back agressively and starts whispering and hissing in her ear *

SLURP ! GURK BURK ! YUM ! :D