God Save The Machine

Charlie

ah come on.. hypersonic is crap...

i don't think we can really dispute that fact...

526322[/snapback]

Not even a team of 100 scientists can dispute that. He sold his soul to the devil.

Duvdev was the middleman.

526323[/snapback]

Yeah right... :rolleyes::lol:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I buy véry little Psychedelic "Melodic" Trance these days but my taste is pretty similar to Damion's so if everybody is this hyped-up about this & éven he can find it in his heart to give a TIP-album 10/10 than i should check this out, I think.

Gonna get back to you on this one ;)

Tats, remember that you have a special permission in the case of full-on...  :)

526330[/snapback]

I do remember, don't worry! :)

I still need to point out from time to time that there are other people besides me who also love old-school goa or other music labeled here as "the right psy" and still also love some of the "wrong psy that brings our scene down". People here are so into makeing categorie here... ;)

ah come on.. hypersonic is crap...

i don't think we can really dispute that fact...

526322[/snapback]

dare i say....the production on hypersonics stuff is quite good?

I just dont like the music with all the crappy vocals and epic melodies. But the production is still pretty sound. Its well put together, and Skazi is 1000x worse.

Yes, I've "forgotten" how great psy used to be. You know why? Because todays psy is so much better. IMO :)

526282[/snapback]

Better? It should be illegal to say things like that.

To me it seems more like a problem that some people still expect the music to be as it used to be some years ago (I'd love that! :) but it's not, so...). Sure it's a problem that a lot of people just follow a certain trend and buy everything by Skazi or GMS for example or by a certain label. Never the less there are people who really love that music, I know some old goaheads who adore the Hypersonic album for example. I'm sure most people here label it as crap not worth listening to. So who is right? Nobody of course, it's taste. Get used to it...

526278[/snapback]

I can't get used to it. I can't get used to the lack of soul. I've tried, but I can't.

I can't get used to it. I can't get used to the lack of soul. I've tried, but I can't.

526496[/snapback]

As I've said, it's a matter of taste. I understand that you don't like most of the new music, it's a personal thing after all.

But if you mean that you can't get used to it that some people have a different taste than yours and see a soul in some kind of music that you can't see it.... Well, I don't know. Sounds kinda sad to me then.

As I've said, it's a matter of taste. I understand that you don't like most of the new music, it's a personal thing after all.

But if you mean that you can't get used to it that some people have a different taste than yours and see a soul in some kind of music that you can't see it.... Well, I don't know. Sounds kinda sad to me then.

526528[/snapback]

No, I didn't mean that. People can listen to whatever they choose. Who am I to tell anyone what does and doesn't sound good to their ears? No one, that's who.

Guest antic

did you guys noticed how similar some parts of Sybartie's "Liquid Lunched" are to COP's "El Nino"? I think he sampled this heavy distorted acid bass sound? :)

anyway, the comp's quite nice, nothing groundbreaking though...

Guest antic

yeah they totally ripped off the bass from el nino... i dunno how i feel about that...

plus they say in the promo text that it sounds like x-dream, well duh...

oh, I didn't know that - I got only mp3's at the moment :(

The Hallucinogen track is very good, although maybe a bit 'soulless'.. but that's the future of psy anyway...

I kindof like the QPD track, although I don't know why.. Maybe the samples :blink:

Sybarite is quite good...

The rest either need more listens or are too empty.

I'd give it 6/10

Which means above avarage because I rate albums 1-10 not 5-10 :P

Defenately a shot at the right direction tho... but still too many full-on elements in many tracks.

No, I didn't mean that. People can listen to whatever they choose. Who am I to tell anyone what does and doesn't sound good to their ears? No one, that's who.

526537[/snapback]

Ok, I thought you couldn't really mean that. So no hard feelings of course... :)

Posted ImageWOW. What a cool drink of water.

this album is so fresh sounding. I give it 11/10 just for being different! this album has changed my perception of TIP completely! It's a brave and pioneering compilation. Just when you thought all these artists had faded away or were left behind the bandwagon - these boys pull of a serious assault on the psy-scene! I especially enjoyed the way these guys have stayed a little with their classic sound ( eg the Tristan track ) and haven't even entertained the thought of a killlaaaaargh bassline or other fashionable formulas! And they have seemed to brought back the trance into Psytrance. Great idea! I'm inspired by this release!

It feels like I've rediscovered psytrance. :)

weeeee!

p.s - oh, and Dimitri.... psyfactor rocks too mate!

Posted ImageWOW. What a cool drink of water.

this album is so fresh sounding. I give it 11/10 just for being different! this album has changed my perception of TIP completely! It's a brave and pioneering compilation. Just when you thought all these artists had faded away or were left behind the bandwagon - these boys pull of a serious assault on the psy-scene! I especially enjoyed the way these guys have stayed a little with their classic sound ( eg the Tristan track ) and haven't even entertained the thought of a killlaaaaargh bassline or other fashionable formulas! And they have seemed to brought back the trance into Psytrance. Great idea! I'm inspired by this release!

It feels like I've rediscovered psytrance. :)

weeeee!

p.s - oh, and Dimitri.... psyfactor rocks too mate!

528574[/snapback]

Wow. you guys have got me really keen on this album now.......*goes to chaosunlimited.co.uk....*

From a quick listen through the tracks i would say that it's way too OVERHYPED guys.

529087[/snapback]

Not putting too much weight on the above there with only a quick listen being used to pass such judgment.

Forget about me saying the Hallucinogen track being soulless. It is Superb! Like it is with every Hallucinogen track it took me about 7-10 listens to reach that conclusion. This is probably the best trance track for me since Shpongle - The Seventh Revelation.

The rest of the album however hasn't grown on me, so still 6/10. Can't see what you all are raving about... other than it being different (which I agree IS good) But well, tastes differ.