So who's the new God of psytrance?

Lemmiwinks

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Journey Man Project

right now, though they are not gods probably... I'm absolutely loving Procs and Psyfactor...

I have pretty much lost interest in psytrance.

So I don't know.. I don't see any bright talents in the scene that are making something unique and enjoyable.

521676[/snapback]

I'm inclined to agree with you. Psy music has been rather stagnant for several years now and consequently I increasingly afford new artists and releases very little interest.

As for who's the God, Posford's work has yet to be beaten (indeed none have come close) so I suppose he's still God in the same way Led Zeppelin are still Gods of psychedelic rock/psychedelic blues.

well if you don't have a god in psy-trance...then wait till 30 september...

Posted Image

the debut album by jess cabla ( ;) ->greeks you know ) into the blue

will nuke every dancefloor!

:rolleyes:

i am jerking around you know... :blink:

well if you don't have a god in psy-trance...then wait till 30 september...

Posted Image

the debut album by jess cabla (  ;) ->greeks you know ) into the blue

will nuke every dancefloor!

:rolleyes:

i am jerking around you know... :blink:

521884[/snapback]

and of course nice artwork... :P

*cough*b.p.empire..

521885[/snapback]

It's a good album, no, a great album, a 10 out of 10, but I still feel it falls some way short of Posford's best.

It's all subjective though. It all depends what images and emotions we enjoy reaping from music.

who was the old god?

521896[/snapback]

well it kindof went back and forth between Simon Posford, Astral Projection, Infected Mushroom and Pleidadians/ Etnica. But out of all these acts, it seemed that Simon P still retained most momentum... untill now that is...

well it kindof went back and forth between Simon Posford, Astral Projection, Infected Mushroom and Pleidadians/ Etnica. But out of all these acts, it seemed that Simon P still retained most momentum... untill now that is...

521912[/snapback]

Maybe.

If true, it might be because his last masterpiece, Nothing Lasts... but Nothing is Lost, disappointed the hard of hearing. Or maybe because some folk have grown tired of waiting for the third Hallucinogen album.

I think the next obvious question would be: Whose god is real, and whose is not? Because we need to watch out for those with fake gods, since they probably have all the oil and are probably evil terrorists.

I think the next obvious question would be: Whose god is real, and whose is not? Because we need to watch out for those with fake gods, since they probably have all the oil and are probably evil terrorists.

521921[/snapback]

hmm you have a point there OM :) I bet Derango is just a new WMD for terrorists:

First step: make the underground youth listen to Derango

Second step: ?

Third step: World domination

conclusion: nuke the Scandinavian forests before it's too late

:ph34r:

hmm you have a point there OM :) I bet Derango is just a new WMD for terrorists:

First step: make the underground youth listen to Derango

Second step: ?

Third step: World domination

conclusion: nuke the Scandinavian forests before it's too late

:ph34r:

521946[/snapback]

Clearly I've said too much. :ph34r: Activate the nuclear robot elves and trolls!!!

If there is a god of psytrance, it's either Colin OOOD or Billy Cosmosis - they both have new albums in pipeline and I expect getting a promo-copy for the statement above :P

521654[/snapback]

For every thousand people you recruit to our cause, I will send you one unreleased track from Free Range.

:huh: <----- piercing charismatic stare