"Europsytrance": a new genre?

Guest Cosmogenesis

Guest Cosmogenesis

I ask this question, because some tracks make me think that a new genre has emerged in the trance scene (maybe a few years ago now) : a mixture of psy/goa with eurotrance elements. I have a few examples in order to show you what I want to mean with the term "europsytrance":

Chakra - Opacity

Xerox & Passenger - Science is god (Xerox & Astrix remix)

Sub 6 - On the ground (Chakra remix)

Yahel recent albums

Mirco de Govia - Chronoscale

So, tell me if I'm making a big mistake about that, if you agree or not with my hypothesis. And, if possible, add some examples for showing me your point of view.

i dont know about the others,but yahel i bought his first album,"for the people" and never had the courrage to listen to it more than 15min.seriously,i bought it 2months ago,and i have not yet listened fully to it.

so if its europsytrance,i dont like it. :)

lani

517511[/snapback]

lol, indeed, but in fact Astral Projections SFX tracks or Another World is pretty Eurotrance too, Emuna, Digital Karma,... But it doesn't matter for me, I absolutely love some of those groups and tracks, including (older) Yahel, good music is good music you know...

Imo more eurotrance influences could make the psytrance scene more sensitive to good melodies again... :) *naief me*

Imho the new Yahel album very trance (as in Eurotrance or Clubtrance or whatever you wanna call it) oriented. Not exactly a surprise since he also releases tracks on commercial trance labels.

I'm a bit surprised to readr Mirco De Govia's name here, I never heard anybody call his music psy?! It's labeled as trance in general, haven't heard his new tracks so I can't judge but still. I don't see a reason to create yet another genre. If you wanna say that some psy is getting closer to trance, then I guess you are right. But there is also some psy that gets close to progressive house or electro. No need to create more and more subgenres imho.

And I totaly agree with Anoebis' last statement! :) I mean goa and trance from the same years used to be rather close togehter so this "new" trend is somewhat logical.

I always thought yahel was eurotrance. When I saw his CDs in psytrance I assumed it was mistakenly put there. I listened to 2 of his albums and it was cheesy eurobeat.

I always thought yahel was eurotrance. When I saw his CDs in psytrance I assumed it was mistakenly put there. I listened to 2 of his albums and it was cheesy eurobeat.

517531[/snapback]

For the people has also some psychedelic tracks like La esperanca or how it was named and some other, IMO it was his best album, not like the bad Waves of sound

For the people has also some psychedelic tracks like La esperanca or how it was named and some other, IMO it was his best album, not like the bad Waves of sound

517535[/snapback]

I can't remember the names of the albums, I took them straight to the second hand shop and got almost no money for them.

I can't remember the names of the albums, I took them straight to the second hand shop and got almost no money for them.

517576[/snapback]

compared to the whole goa trance genre, because For the people is goa trance IMO there are far better compilations, but FAR better, i listened a couple of time to this stuff and than let it on my HD.

Many tracks on Astral Projection's Amen have clear Euro-cheese flavours and I don't like them at all. In addition their track Burning Up is Euro too.

I do like beautiful and positive melodies, but usually they end up sounding cheesy. Or maybe it's just me?

BTW, La Esperanza is a track released by Sven Vath in the 90s under the alias Balearic Bill.

BTW, La Esperanza is a track released by Sven Vath in the 90s under the alias Balearic Bill.

517742[/snapback]

L'esparanza was released under the name Sven Väth on Eye Q in 93. It also appeared on his album "Accident in Paradise". Both the original version and the "single edit".

Balearic Bill consists of Alex Gold, Johan Gielen, Sven Maes and as far as I know they've only released one track, "Destination Sunshine", in 1999.

L'esparanza was released under the name Sven Väth on Eye Q in 93. It also appeared on his album "Accident in Paradise". Both the original version and the "single edit".

Balearic Bill consists of Alex Gold, Johan Gielen, Sven Maes and as far as I know they've only released one track, "Destination Sunshine", in 1999.

517747[/snapback]

Jivamukti is probably confused with the totally different track L'Esperanza by 'Airscape', which is also Johan Gielen + Sven Maes, the same guys from Balearic Bill

this track obviously has nothing to do with the Esperanzas by Sven Väth and Yahel :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

why is that it that people always have to create sub-sub genres of music??

don't see the point of this topic...

517882[/snapback]

If you have already read the "big tree" of "all-facets of trance" topic written by Anoebis, you should have noticed that the psychedelic trance is actually a complex and diversified genre, and the time of a big & unique oldschool goa genre has definitely passed away. Other genres (techno, electro, metal, ambient...) make fusions now with the psychedelic trance. So tell me how can you describe this phenomenon without to classify it with the help of genres & sub-genres?

I ask this question, because some tracks make me think that a new genre has emerged in the trance scene (maybe a few years ago now) : a mixture of psy/goa with eurotrance elements. I have a few examples in order to show you what I want to mean with the term "europsytrance":

Chakra - Opacity

Xerox & Passenger - Science is god (Xerox & Astrix remix)

Sub 6 - On the ground (Chakra remix)

Yahel recent albums

Mirco de Govia - Chronoscale

So, tell me if I'm making a big mistake about that, if you agree or not with my hypothesis. And, if possible, add some examples for showing me your point of view.

517501[/snapback]

on the Miranda "Northern Lights" album from ehh 1999 or 2000 you will even find an Antiloop RMX :-)

This is, in no way, anything new... Go back in time to where Union Jack released "There will be no armageddon" and you have trance which was also played in the psychedelic scene.

I could find loads of examples, but my point is 1: Its nothing new 2: Normal cross genre work.

I like some if it :-)

Best Wishes

Krell

doesn't matter if psy goes eurotrance

everything went wrong after happy hardcore died.

now that's a comment that (doesn't) make sense

Posted Image

517562[/snapback]

only the happy part died, the core is still alive ;)

Many tracks on Astral Projection's Amen have clear Euro-cheese flavours and I don't like them at all. In addition their track Burning Up is Euro too.

I do like beautiful and positive melodies, but usually they end up sounding cheesy. Or maybe it's just me?

517742[/snapback]

Astral Projection has some bad tracks with eurotrance melodies on Amen, but they have also very good tracks on that album like The Nexus, Amen, 1,000,000 years from today, technodrome, chaos and a bit electronic blue, the rest isn´t good though.

Jivamukti is probably confused with the totally different track L'Esperanza by 'Airscape', which is also Johan Gielen + Sven Maes, the same guys from Balearic Bill

this track obviously has nothing to do with the Esperanzas by Sven Väth and Yahel  :)

517849[/snapback]

Oops, it seems my memory didn't serve me well. Anyway I think it's stupid that so many ppl have used the same track name.

Astral Projection has some bad tracks with eurotrance melodies on Amen, but they have also very good tracks on that album like The Nexus, Amen, 1,000,000 years from today, technodrome, chaos and a bit electronic blue, the rest isn´t good though.

518970[/snapback]

The album as a whole pales in comparison to Trust In Trance, Dancing Galaxy and Another World.

The album as a whole pales in comparison to Trust In Trance, Dancing Galaxy and Another World.

519024[/snapback]

Yeah, that´s right, Amen was way more comerzial than the other Astral Albums before, but i still think some tracks aren´t that bad, now Ten is really an awful album except the mahadeva RMX but the rest is some of the worst msuic i´ve ever listened to.

Heres another one

Man With No Name "Sugar Rush" - Released 1994.

Doesnt get to be more "Goa Trance" than MWNN I think hehe.

The Sugar Rush track is a blend of 303 driven Acid Trance, Anthems and Sweet sounds (thus the name).

Very cheesy :-)

Best Wishes

Krell

Yeah, that´s right, Amen was way more comerzial than the other Astral Albums before, but i still think some tracks aren´t that bad, now Ten is really an awful album except the mahadeva RMX but the rest is some of the worst msuic i´ve ever listened to.

519059[/snapback]

Most stars will fall eventually, I reckon.