Ambient tracks that need more attention

Ormion

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cosmogenesis

lemme guess ... you have the "Psychedelic Chill" compilation, don't you? ;)

That one is a damn great compilation btw ... can recommend it to everyone, there are many, many good tracks on there!

516693[/snapback]

Yes, you have guessed well! :D Indeed, I have psychedelic chill from Leguan. It's a very high quality ambient/chill compilation. What a pity there isn't a second volume! :(

What a pity there isn't a second volume!  :(

517471[/snapback]

indeed ... I guess they thought of making Psychedelic Chill a series like Goa Head, but obviously the sales of the first volume weren't good enough so they let it be ... which is a pity, because that compilation was really great :(

Matthew Florianz, Erik T'Saz & Joris De Man - Electronic Forest

Not really THAT unknown album, but certainly deserves some attention

but anyways most of the stuff that has been posted here is not what i would call "ambient" , maybe downtempo/"psychill" ...

Guest Astro Cortex

Astralasia - A.N.D.E.

Real ambient here, and one of their finest tracks (two parts actually). I've never seen it being mentioned here, and I guess it never was. More attention please! :)

And now for something completely different:

Constance Demby - Novus Magnificat: Through the Stargate Part 1

Yes, it's called New Age and that's not something I generally listen to.

But let's put it this way... if you're not annoyed by the New Age label and all the 'aaahhh' synthvoices... if you like 'spacemusic' and if you're up for a some serious composition (in the classical sense), you might like this one, very much.

I admit there is a certain cheese factor, but you need to look beyond that. I know I liked it. Might be a 'guilty pleasure', but who cares. It's a grand, breathtaking, profound and beautiful experience. But if people hate it I can understand that too.

Guest Cosmogenesis

I add "Lunatic" from Zerotonine from the Chiller Waves compilation which is underrated and not famous. There is an undescriptible strange feeling inside and I guarantee a big experience for the listener. I recommand you to listen once it. What a shame the track has disappeared from the ultimae website! :(

I add "Lunatic" from Zerotonine from the Chiller Waves compilation which is underrated and not famous. There is an undescriptible strange feeling inside and I guarantee a big experience for the listener. I recommand you to listen once it. What a shame the track has disappeared from the ultimae website!  :(

520334[/snapback]

It´s aktually one of the best ambient works i ever heard, i herad it first on the various well known radio.powernet.BG on the chillchannel and it blew me away. the feeling you get is really dark and really really melanchonic, it´s pure melanchony, after first listening of that track i checked out zeritonine discography but didn´t find any other good ambient racks fom them :angry:

I'm not that much into ambient but one of my alltime favourite tracks is Space Tribe - What Is Conciousness from the Shapeshifter album. The melody towards the end is amazing, need to listen to that track as soon as I'm at home... Never heard anybody drool about this track but it is sure worth checking out.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Total Eclipse- "Gravity Mirage" despite I think it a bit repetitive at its beginning, but still an excellent track. :)

And I'm near to add also "Elysium - Atmosphere", but I'm not sure if we can definite it like a real ambient piece. According to me, this tune is awesome, despite the fact it isn't the typical style of Elysium which is often "tribal". For sure, it could be one more reason for giving it more attention!

some tracks from my side:

# Man With No Name - Azymuth from the moment of truth album (Concept in Dance 1996)

... i love this track, have a beautiful and hypnotic vibe!!!

# Astral Projection & MFG - Radial Blur from the Goa Vibes 2 compilaton (Trust in Trance 1995) just awesom!!! :)

# IndiaDrop - Scudder Love Song from the Backwards into Chaos album (Galactica 2002) great relax track!

# Cosmosis - Skankadelic from the Contact album (Transient 2002) beautiful guitar riffs!

# Kode IV - Myth from the silicon civilisation album (ceiba 1994) mysterious track!!! i love it...

Logic Bomb - a

Synthetic - db

Antidote - gb

Hallucinogen - e

All from TIP.World - Twelve :)

NEEDS MORE ATTENTION! This is pure tranquility :rolleyes:

527915[/snapback]

yeah exactly!!! verry good compilation!!! generally i think all the tracks in the twelve comp are realy good!!! :)

Did I ever mention Robert Rich - The Other Side Of Twilight? :P

528227[/snapback]

not? OK.. ROBERT RICH - THE OTHER SIDE OF TWILIGHT :D

do yourself a favor and check it out

the second part will blow your mind, but listen to it completely of course

it's from fucking 1987!! but just as listenable today

Guest Astro Cortex

not? OK.. ROBERT RICH - THE OTHER SIDE OF TWILIGHT :D

do yourself a favor and check it out

the second part will blow your mind, but listen to it completely of course

it's from fucking 1987!! but just as listenable today

528233[/snapback]

OK OK I'll check it out!! ;)

yeah exactly!!! verry good compilation!!! generally i think all the tracks in the twelve comp are realy good!!! :)

528215[/snapback]

Yeah I agree... mmm I acually bought this album by mistake on psyshop, I was in a hurry and chose the wrong album...whats the odds of getting that good a cd like that... :blink:

B)