Did you ever see Simon Posford?

My mate Lurk gave me a punch on the arm everytime i told the story which, drunk again folks, i told to everyone (instead of saying hello).

Come Monday, my arm had a bruise on it the size of Nigeria. But it was worth it.

436515[/snapback]

it's ok though, Lurk is cool, i'm glad he did it. i would have punched you too. but that's only because i can't cream my pants.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the guy in the back better.

anyway, is the Simon who's tall? or is the Damion who's short?

i'm asking cause i wanna calculate how tall our little posfords will be.

but that's just cause i can't cream my pants, of course.

i like the guy in the back better.

anyway, is the Simon who's tall? or is the Damion who's short?

i'm asking cause i wanna calculate how tall our little posfords will be.

but that's just cause i can't cream my pants, of course.

437621[/snapback]

yeah, that dude setting up equipment looks scarry :ph34r:

both him and the Simon look funny cause they were talking while the pic was taken. but check out Damion, he soooo posing. he knew the picture was coming up.

heheh yeah it was set up as hell

i dont mind simon having a photo taken with me though, i can deal with it. He paid me three quid.

Who is Simon Posford?

And these strange bands you are talking about, Hallusinchen, Spongegel and so on.

Sounds like german skin care products. No, I'll stick to good old negroe jazz if that

is alright with you boys and girls.

:):D:lol: Nope, never met Simon, but I Did meet HIS mentor now this January!

Was down in Basel, Swizerland celebrating Albert Hofmann on his 100th birthday

and visiting the Spirit Of Basel-conference when the Shulgins asked me to go along

with them to the birthday party. I am not the one to back out when invited to meet

The Oldest Of The Tribe. He was sitting there smiling and greeting guests like if he

was still just 90 years young. I spent most of the time on the birthday party talking to

Sasha and Christan Rätch anyway. Erowid were also very nice so we started hanging

out more after that, going around to the different parties and so on.

Alot of really inspirating people on the party and conference. (A bit too many to start

name dropping them all, about 45 lecturers and 40 other experts, but I will try to pick

a few good ones mostly to be annoying as many trance people don't know the

non-dance side of this world.) I was only surprised not to see any remaining Beatles.

Everyone else seemed to be there. Maby they were at his house later, some did not

have time to fly in from the states for the early celebration. I never had a chance to

talk to H.R. Giger as he just popped by the birthday party to say happy birthday and

thanks, and was off again. Mark McCloud (owner of the worlds largest collection of

blotter) was hanging out with us quite alot and was one of the friendlist big bears I

have ever met. Alex Grey and I had a couple of talks about different visionary artists

around the world, but I did not soil my pants. Rick Doblin, president of MAPS and the

beautiful Valerie Mojeiko, their Head Of Research just made me feel comfertable and

relaxed beeing with them. (And somehow warm below my waste without having to

soil myself.) Ralph Metzner (Timothy Learys old collegue from Harvard) made us all

dance to his new folk song The Bardo Blues about the funny encounter with death

one can have on psychedelics, and I dared not to do anything else than just bow my

head before him as he past me afterwards. He smiled and nodded at me. I did not

soil my pants, but it was fairly close.

Albert Hofmann was still a wonderful man and was still trying to explain to the world

that LSD really wants to show something interesting to us, has gas got true potential

and really can be used for alot of good. He was intregued by the fact that even we

Nordics up in Sweden wanted to show our gratitude to him when I paid my respects.

I did not soil my pants, but it was really, really close.

Eat Static cancelled (!) and I stayed in the Erowid hotel room the evening that Goa Gil

played, trying to arrange so that I was unable to soil my pants. (Found out that they

can be removed. Good hint for all you out there - just take em off - problem solved!)

Rätch played a wonderful and insane gig with Guru Guru that made all the little

trance kids look outside their box, and made everyone present dance like crazy.)

Star Sounds Orchestra, Akasha Project and Banco De Gaia tried to keep up to during

other times on the coference, but just had too few arms per person. I thanked Akasha

for his interesting gig and tried to compare him with mix of Autechre, Pan Sonic and

Philip Glass. He said that I was flattering him to much, and almost blushed.

(This is my first post on this forum, although our Prince of Sweden* - Verb, is sometimes

sending me links for me to check in this place so I have atleast seen some of you before.

Just felt worth joining to mess with you here and name drop Albert. :P I hope I did not

brake any rules or anything by making this large and almost off-topic post.

Hugs to all of you Simonists! (Or Posfordians as the ones from southern Europe

wishes to call yourselves) Namedropping is pointless and the way to go. Go on!

* Trancewise that is. No one cares about the normal royalty, they are just into cocaine and crashing cars.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: Remembered something else that might be fun to mention here. My little friend

Metronome (or Mätrånåm as we used to call him becouse it pissed him of) is the

biggest fan of Simon I have ever met. He would easily kiss dirt that Simin has walked

on, and keep it in a jar to cuddle on late nights in the moon light. (You get the picture.)

The Posford bands are his reason for doing music at all, especially Shpongle.

One day sitting in his studio Metronome decides to send an mail to Simon with a question

that had been bugging him for some time. Something about how to do some small

effect that Simon had in an old song of one of his bands, that Metronome wanted to

use it on a sound he was working with. He gathered the currage to try to contact GOD

and sent it of. He got a reply.. Saying something like "Oh! It's you! I have heard

your stuff. Nice to hear from you, I sometimes take inspiration from you man. How

may I help you with that song?" Our boy was on cloud 9 for weeks. He couldn't speek

right for ages. I am betting Simon confused him with someone else, but who cares. DS.

Did you ever see Simon Posford?

This is like a Jesus question right? Have you ever touched Simon Postford is next. :D

my two vaguely amusing encounters with His Holiness...

436515[/snapback]

Oh boy. :unsure::D

Who is Simon Posford?

And these strange bands you are talking about, Hallusinchen, Spongegel and so on.

Sounds like german skin care products. No, I'll stick to good old negroe jazz if that

is alright with you boys and girls.

:):D:lol: Nope, never met Simon, but I Did meet HIS mentor now this January!

Was down in Basel, Swizerland celebrating Albert Hofmann on his 100th birthday

and visiting the Spirit Of Basel-conference when the Shulgins asked me to go along

with them to the birthday party. I am not the one to back out when invited to meet

The Oldest Of The Tribe. He was sitting there smiling and greeting guests like if he

was still just 90 years young. I spent most of the time on the birthday party talking to

Sasha and Christan Rätch anyway. Erowid were also very nice so we started hanging

out more after that, going around to the different parties and so on.

Alot of really inspirating people on the party and conference. (A bit too many to start

name dropping them all, about 45 lecturers and 40 other experts, but I will try to pick

a few good ones mostly to be annoying as many trance people don't know the

non-dance side of this world.) I was only surprised not to see any remaining Beatles.

Everyone else seemed to be there. Maby they were at his house later, some did not

have time to fly in from the states for the early celebration. I never had a chance to

talk to H.R. Giger as he just popped by the birthday party to say happy birthday and

thanks, and was off again. Mark McCloud (owner of the worlds largest collection of

blotter) was hanging out with us quite alot and was one of the friendlist big bears I

have ever met. Alex Grey and I had a couple of talks about different visionary artists

around the world, but I did not soil my pants. Rick Doblin, president of MAPS and the

beautiful Valerie Mojeiko, their Head Of Research just made me feel comfertable and

relaxed beeing with them. (And somehow warm below my waste without having to

soil myself.) Ralph Metzner (Timothy Learys old collegue from Harvard) made us all

dance to his new folk song The Bardo Blues about the funny encounter with death

one can have on psychedelics, and I dared not to do anything else than just bow my

head before him as he past me afterwards. He smiled and nodded at me. I did not

soil my pants, but it was fairly close.

Albert Hofmann was still a wonderful man and was still trying to explain to the world

that LSD really wants to show something interesting to us, has gas got true potential

and really can be used for alot of good. He was intregued by the fact that even we

Nordics up in Sweden wanted to show our gratitude to him when I paid my respects.

I did not soil my pants, but it was really, really close.

Eat Static cancelled (!) and I stayed in the Erowid hotel room the evening that Goa Gil

played, trying to arrange so that I was unable to soil my pants. (Found out that they

can be removed. Good hint for all you out there - just take em off - problem solved!)

Rätch played a wonderful and insane gig with Guru Guru that made all the little

trance kids look outside their box, and made everyone present dance like crazy.)

Star Sounds Orchestra, Akasha Project and Banco De Gaia tried to keep up to during

other times on the coference, but just had too few arms per person. I thanked Akasha

for his interesting gig and tried to compare him with mix of Autechre, Pan Sonic and

Philip Glass. He said that I was flattering him to much, and almost blushed.

(This is my first post on this forum, although our Prince of Sweden* - Verb, is sometimes

sending me links for me to check in this place so I have atleast seen some of you before.

Just felt worth joining to mess with you here and name drop Albert.  :P  I hope I did not

brake any rules or anything by making this large and almost off-topic post.

Hugs to all of you Simonists! (Or Posfordians as the ones from southern Europe

wishes to call yourselves) Namedropping is pointless and the way to go. Go on!

* Trancewise that is. No one cares about the normal royalty, they are just into cocaine and crashing cars.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: Remembered something else that might be fun to mention here. My little friend

Metronome (or Mätrånåm as we used to call him becouse it pissed him of) is the

biggest fan of Simon I have ever met. He would easily kiss dirt that Simin has walked

on, and keep it in a jar to cuddle on late nights in the moon light. (You get the picture.)

The Posford bands are his reason for doing music at all, especially Shpongle.

One day sitting in his studio Metronome decides to send an mail to Simon with a question

that had been bugging him for some time. Something about how to do some small

effect that Simon had in an old song of one of his bands, that Metronome wanted to

use it on a sound he was working with. He gathered the currage to try to contact GOD

and sent it of. He got a reply.. Saying something like "Oh! It's you! I have heard 

your stuff. Nice to hear from you, I sometimes take inspiration from you man. How

may I help you with that song?" Our boy was on cloud 9 for weeks. He couldn't speek

right for ages. I am betting Simon confused him with someone else, but who cares. DS.

437878[/snapback]

good story :)

and ROFLOS@metronome :lol::rolleyes:

I know what's next! Threads about Simon like those about Vin Diesel and Chuck Norris!

Too bad I cannot think of any original ones...

437925[/snapback]

yes, gr8 idea, someone do this :D!

"Have you ever touched Simon Postford? Where?"

438104[/snapback]

It was a sunny day of September 2001.

Samothraki island.

I touched a tree after Simon's divine touch.

People say im crazy but i believe there was an instant connection between us.

BTW,i was looking for him in 2002 to write something on the Lone Deranger cover and have a quick chat.Anything,i didnt want to sign it,like Goa Gil was writing his PLUR things on flyers.By the time i saw him somewhere he was gone.Both the main and the chill stage.The guy is Fantomas.He disappeared just like this *puuf*.

• 1 month later...

I touched his wee-wee under the DJ booth. heeehehee, he thought i was a girl!

495750[/snapback]

hahaha :D

I talked to him at a party in Copenhagen, he seemes like a really nice and humble down-to-earth-guy, he gave me a hug (or two) actually. :wub::o:unsure::D

I posted this thread to Twisted february competition

they've seen it alright :)

495879[/snapback]

Was that the competition in which you had to state in a set number of words why you deserved a shpongle mouse pad?