Shiva - The Illuminati (video clip)

Templar

When I was watching this video it reminded me of the samples from "Astral Projection - Open Society" (9/11 samples if I remember correctly), but this is something totally different. To be honest I was trying to come up with a good comment on this, but in the end I can't... This thing is more confusing than eating a dingleberry pie would probably be.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7796090242499480819

Discuss? ;)

Guest Elysium

When I was watching this video it reminded me of the samples from "Astral Projection - Open Society" (9/11 samples if I remember correctly), but this is something totally different. To be honest I was trying to come up with a good comment on this, but in the end I can't... This thing is more confusing than eating a dingleberry pie would probably be.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7796090242499480819

Discuss? ;)

423802[/snapback]

for starters the music is absolutely crap... all respect for putting out a political statement though... i just think i would do it in a more intelligent way like donating the sales (if there's any) to some organisation that fight bush and his merry men.

Poorly made music combined with a poorly constructed message about the Skull & Bones being a satanic society sought on nothing less than sublimally taking over the country. I agree though, the bassline was Ki666aRgH! :P

As for the issue of political messages in psytrance, I don't think it is a big deal, personally. If psytrance already has sound clips from plenty of other sources with the objective of talking about how great LCD or magic mushrooms are, or how aliens are going to take over the compound in 12 hours, why not extend the sampling to include figures in politics and the news? Sometimes controversial attention is what really brings out a song or an artist.

I do contend my point that artists can use this controversy to popularize a song that would otherwise be total sewage waste.

Well ... music-wise it's kinda " :P " ...

But samples are good.

And I liked the video! As a soundtrack the music is not even thaaat baaad...

The political and conspiracial statement I like :)

well there was a similar discussion recently [about politics and/in psytrance] in Blue Room...but anywayzz

I think psychedelic goa always was political in a way, [e.g PLUR.. pacifistic ideas and so on]..

i wouldnt like it to become involved in "politics", with the most narrow means [e.g this politician, that blah blah] , but as all kind of music and ART in general there are messages about anything... since there are no lyrics there are other ways to pass them... ;)

lots of obvious on top of lots of bullshit, with a crappy soundtrack = recipe for popular success.

i forgot to add 'lots of anger' here..

If the idea behind this was to create something new, the composer must have an IQ below 70.

Why?

I think the main thought behind it was: "cool. death. destroy. kill. money!"

425518[/snapback]

???

This doens't make a lot of sense, please elaborate.

This video doesn't doesn't do much in the realm of actual reasoning and arguing about the specific conspiracy theory rather it attempts to collage a bunch of images and videos together in order to hold a convincing advertisement for the conspiracytheores.org website.

Now I want a real ki666argh darkpsy video where a ascetic goes into the middle of a deep forest and gets lost, only to end up being taunted and played with by a bunch of spooky creatures in the forest, not to forget the random images of the apocalypse by the hands of GMO crops, nuclear reactors, and legislators who make pot illegal. :lol::rolleyes:

Thanks for your interest in Google Video.

Currently, the playback feature of Google Video isn't available in your country.

We hope to make this feature available more widely in the future, and we really appreciate your patience.

Is there by chance a direct link that is not through fucking Google Video? This thing sounds absolutely hippiecraptastic and I feel as though my life cannot be considered complete until I have the chance to see it for myself. :P

Thanks for your interest in Google Video.

Currently, the playback feature of Google Video isn't available in your country.

We hope to make this feature available more widely in the future, and we really appreciate your patience.

Is there by chance a direct link that is not through fucking Google Video?  This thing sounds absolutely hippiecraptastic and I feel as though my life cannot be considered complete until I have the chance to see it for myself.  :P

425827[/snapback]

http://www.enigmatv.com/

Yeah um... it's frothing-at-the-mouth mad and doesn't make much of a point so much as it expresses a vapid viewpoint about the Evil Empire. There are actually people out there who would be happy if the government were going around implanting chips in people's hands so they could stand up and loudly proclaim through a rat's nest of dreadlocks "SEE? SEE? I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!"

So anyway, I'm all for combining videos with psytrance of course, but this is kind of dumb and sloppy. It's probably been said here already but that's the most full-on killllargh video mish-mash I've seen, so in a sense it suits the music... but on the other hand, is flawed in analagous ways.

it could have been a lot better, but in the absence of any other (im not aware of any), its the best psytrance videoclip which "tries to make the viewer to question authority"* that i have seen yet...

i dont have as high expectations as others in this thread :P

*at least that the point i think they tried to make..