dark stuff, but the way I want it plz

RTP

Eeeh ... why Dr Tropical ??? :huh::unsure:

Not a bad track BTW, but ... I ... again ... miss the loneliess in the synths :P ... well, kinda, I didn't get much to listen to them in the sample, they were there in the background at the end ... must make myself a clearer picture of that.

421449[/snapback]

Why you ask ?

Its just the way it is, cant be helped.

Those synths at the end you mentioned, they are very doomsdayish, so try to give the whole track a shot.

yeah, dark, barren landscapes...thats what this track is all about. After a nucleAR disaster.-.-

OK then, you want future buddha's kind of stuff?

check the schlabbadeurst compilations.

And check the first Elixiria compilation( & other suomi stuff).  I remember a good "post-nuclear" track on the comp but i forgot the name and i'm too lazy too research it.

421495[/snapback]

Oh, no BOTFB please ... that is too scary for me! And too "psychedelic". I don't want it psychedelic.

Schlabbaduerst I know a bit of ... but that's also too driving...

mmmhh, I'm getting out of options here, you're pretty picky.

maybe Penta?

(quote from track- lost in space: " i don't think any living thing could survive out here, we'll find out soon enough" followed by a low drone-sound", not spooky, not aggressive, perfect post-nuclear qoute & music?)

Cydonia?

Dark soho?

Tim Schuldt?

four carry nuts?

mmmhh, I'm getting out of options here, you're pretty picky.

421533[/snapback]

oh yes, I am already a little sorry somewhat, you good guys giving me so many recommendations and I'm so picky ... but I know I am ... very picky and also very picky in little details all the time, I always was, it's hard to satisfy me, I so know :)

But Penta is also not what I'm looking for :D

Penta is dark, but also far too driving. Less beat and effects and more synth melodies would do the trick...

forget psy:

Posted Image

421561[/snapback]

Well ... this kinda industrial stuff might be good when I'm in the mood, but it's already too industrial-ish. I mean, I know some other Skinny Puppy that are kinda dark ambient-ish ... but ... it does not quite do the twist. Some songs are ok, but generally it's too industrially deranged and I hate that screaming singing...

Could it actually be that this style I seek, with dark synth melodies without being too psychedelic or having too many effects but still being progressive is somewhat of a hole in the market? There's either the driving dark stuff with the weird effects or the harder prog stuff. Or you go completely for dark ambient. But in between there's only very very few?

Because that would be a point to start with own projects ... if I could make music :unsure:

Wow, I really like the Neoris - Last Mission of Atomic Submarine track! That was a good recommendation you got earlier in the thread. Do they have entire album like this, in this style?

The Neoris track, "Last Mission" has melodies, MELODIES! ... it's not too psychedelic.. and DARK... ambient, synths, atmosphere! I really like it... (!) ... I found it on an interesting, dark compilation called Refresh at link below. There may be other songs similar [more or less] to the Noeoris one. I kinda like the comp it's on, several of the other songs are catchy too, whether they're what you're looking for or not.

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=5385

Silent Hill soundtracks have some good ambient/chill dark, depressing, interesting tunes, songs, atmosphere, as you well know. There are currently 4 soundtracks for those! The games are great too, especially the far-out, twisted, demented, EVIL, DARK Silent Hill 2... for the PS2...with amazing, cult horror characters like Pyramid Head...ahhhhhh, eerie, nightmare stuff.. You and anyone can read my full review of the Silent Hill 2 game here if you're interested:

http://www.epinions.com/content_88172629636

but thats another topic. ;) And then there's the Silent Hill movie coming out this year (2006), April in my country... with a soundtrack that has potential to be very dark and interesting.

Second, if you're interested in one of the most underrated dark, ambient (with melody) songs of all time IMO, check this track out: "Analgesia." on the Sinsation album by PIG.

The other songs by PIG are NOTHING like it. B)

Yes, yes, the Neoris one was the best recommendation so far :)

I also checked the comp ... looks promising with Setherian, Human Blue, Blue Planet Corp., Nuclear Ramjet ... and some of the other samples sound promising too!

Silent Hill I know ... and I love the game because of the soundtrack :)

The Pig stuff isn't my cup of tea though :P

Hey ... is that your own project? Nice clear sound, good production! Although the sound is not quite what I look for. It's progressing and rather dark, but the "abandonedness" in the synths is missing unfortunately. It's the same thing that goes with most other recommendations too - good and dark, but too focused on only progression without synth melody...

421449[/snapback]

yes it is,thanks :)

BIGWIGS!!!!

THAT's the stuff you're looking for

fraktalik fraterniti!!! one of my fav albums

???

or bigwigs - bebilon pepti? that's the ultimate post nuclear track.

:wacko:

lol, "post nuclear"

I would rather call it "deep blue ocean" music

what about Xenomorph - Qlippoth ?

but you could also check for some dark ambient , e.g Deathprod - Imaginary Songs From Tristan Da Cunha or Inade - Aldebaran

or something closer to industrial/ambient/breakcore such as Brian Lustmord vs hecate - law_of_the_battle_of_conquest [ search for it in the review section]...

You might also enjoy early delirium [ np Delirum - Morpheus ]

everything above-mentioned belongs in different categories and probably does not fit your desctiption but give them a try..

thanks again for recommendations :)

BIGWIGS!!!!

THAT's the stuff you're looking for

fraktalik fraterniti!!! one of my fav albums

???

or bigwigs - bebilon pepti?  that's the ultimate post nuclear track.

:wacko:

lol, "post nuclear"

I would rather call it "deep blue ocean" music

421680[/snapback]

Yes, this is kinda what I want! Especially Beilon Pepti ... rest is again not quite as synth-melodic as I seek...

Didn't blow me away so much like Neoris, but still, pretty good and definitely in the right direction with the synths ... aaah, finally no mad effects, but peace, that is gooood :)

And now, to top it all, that Beilon Pepti track is on the Refresh Comp too!

Man, this compilation is getting better and better, seriously :D

"I want some psy that would fit as a soundtrack when you run through an abandoned city after a nuclear incident. Something that captures the atmosphere."

you imminent starvation, that IS their music.

http://ant-zen.darkambient.net/imminent/sounds/arles.mp3

421716[/snapback]

Yay! That is somewhat what I look for indeed! This has the dark "post-nuclear" music synths ... even a bit creepy ... good stuff! Although I won't be able to run to it for it lacks the progression, hehe ... but nevermind, still very good dark nuclear stuff for late night creepiness at home! Thank you :)

Xenomorph's Qlippoth I have already on my checklist :)

And the dark ambient I will check when I'm in the mood...

try

cydonia-haunted world for a bit of extra psy flavor

but the ultimate track for your case is

analog pussy-mandocello warrior (killer track with dark mood and not too many psy elements)

in fact i am listening to it right now and i imagine the scene you described and it fits perfectly ;)

great track i had forgotten... :rolleyes:

but the ultimate track for your case is

analog pussy-mandocello warrior

421965[/snapback]

indeed ... that is very much the right style, fits well ... thanks :)

Ode To Arcadia's darkness is too "massive".

But WAIT!

I HAVE FOUND SOMETHING MYSELF!

Talla 2XLC - Is Anybody Out There (DJ Taucher Remix)!!!

Man, I had already forgotten this track ... this was such a long time ago. LOL, I think this was one of the first trance tracks I got over the net as I got internet! Man ... but it's perfect. Perfect! These synths are absolutely what I want - not scary, but lonely, abandoned ... and yet peaceful! Yes, yes, yes! These are the synths I want! It's a bit cheezy-touched towards the end, but very good!

That's what happens when you dig through old files :P

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I got a request. I want some dark stuff. But the point is, I want dark stuff the way I want it ... I checked out the last "Dark Psy" thread and the artists mentioned there (those that I knew) are way too aggressive to me ... too "psy", you know? I seek dark psy that is not really psy ... and still though. Can't explain it very well, please read the description.

Let me describe it:

I want some psy that would fit as a soundtrack when you run through an abandoned city after a nuclear incident. Something that captures the atmosphere. I want it dark, but yet not psychedelically disturbing, because in empty cities there's nothing aggressive and disturbing - there's in fact some strange kind of peace there, but it's a deadly, uncomforting peace. I want music that has this atmosphere but is still progressing (meaning I do not seek dark ambient!). Somewhat "post-nuclear psy", you know?

What tunes would you say fit in such a situation?

(Yes, I confess, this IS inspired by those images of the abandoned Tschernobyl area...)

I have only one example for the music that I'm looking for: Prex - S4.

Dark music, but not too psychedelically dark, rather somewhat psychic dark if you know what I mean ... but not too dark yet, it's just ... the right stuff.

Any recommendations?

Please!

420824[/snapback]

I read the first page of replies, and don't want to read the rest, but what you're looking for is Delta - Send In... Send Back, Downhill - Downhill (downtempo Delta), and Spirallianz - Blast Food. Also worth checking for that sound is, of course, the Schlab sound - I'd recommend Volume 5 or Volume 7; 2 is really good, but perhaps too psychedelic. Boshke Beats - Chronika might also be a good one.

Edit: Oh, another one is PPS Project. And although later Spirallianz might not be your thing, Blast Food may. Check out the track One Way Ltd. for a great example.