Discogs

delars

I still don't think that Juno Reactor release I mentioned is real, so Discogs don't have any great quality control.

I can't find info on it ANYWHERE!

I still don't think that Juno Reactor release I mentioned is real, so Discogs don't have any great quality control.

I can't find info on it ANYWHERE!

410720[/snapback]

You mean besides from the two links that Draeke provied? But yeah, I agree it looks a little shady, but I think Ukiro was right when he said, it was an obscure, licensed release... But I agree that it is odd, that no-one seems to actually own a copy... Which was also the reason it was rejected at first...

/DP

I know at least one person who owns El Pistolero, and when I first heard about it I did some searching, and was able to find it quite easily. Never ordered it, though. I have a CD copy (which proves nothing, I know) but some day I'll track down a proper one.

I know at least one person who owns El Pistolero, and when I first heard about it I did some searching, and was able to find it quite easily. Never ordered it, though. I have a CD copy (which proves nothing, I know) but some day I'll track down a proper one.

410728[/snapback]

Where? Being the Juno fanatic I am, I need it. If for naught else then to see if it's a bootleg... or even worse, more tracks with two titles. (The Journey Kontinues / Biot Messiah, anyone?)

Well, I didn't make the rules on Discogs, but I for one, like the way it's done... In the old days Discogs was a Babylonian chaos with tons of errors which pretty rendered it useless... I like the fact, that everything is double checked to ensure the highest possible accuracy... Also, the very nature of Discogs is cross-referencing, which would be pretty useless if all data wasn't correct...

Yes, it might take a while for new users to get their stuff accepted, but as I stated earlier, that's just until you get the hang of it... After that, it flows smoothly...

/DP

410717[/snapback]

yes, but you are talking about rules that ensure accuracy of content, and that's not something i'm having issues with, but i'm talking about rules regarding form and i find those not really necessary

just for instance, i noticed a while back that the track order in a comp was completely wrong, so i submitted an edit, which took maybe a month or 2 to get accepted

meanwhile, a submission of mine gets rejected within days because i hadn't capitalised all the letters in a title, even though the content was perfectly correct and the lack of capitalisations was *exactly* the same on the back-cover of the cd

i think wikipedia has already proven that open editing doesn't mean the information is incorrect, and it would certainly make it easier to correct mistakes and add additional information

anyway, don't really mean to argue about it, just sharing my views ;)

a submission of mine gets rejected within days because i hadn't capitalised all the letters in a title, even though the content was perfectly correct and the lack of capitalisations was *exactly* the same on the back-cover of the cd

410811[/snapback]

This is the rule for caps:

If in doubt, capitalize all words. The standard method for Discogs is to capitalize each begining letter of every word in a song title / artist name. Updates that change the standard every-word-capitalized format to lower case articles and particles will not be accepted.

On Artist names, Label names, Release titles, and Track titles, all words must be capitalized except articles (capitalization is optional on a, and, the, etc, unless it is the first word). Capitalization of artist name particles (i.e. van, von, di, de, la, etc.) is not required.

edit: I think it's just best to capitalise all because it looks pretty stupid if the releases vary in that.

• 8 months later...

allright

so i'm trying to add this cd

'flippin' bixies - sörkkä sonic'

wich is made almost entirily by Tim Thick (or tim bentley) from Texas faggot, mandalavandalz. it's a '96 release.

what i don't get is how i link this release to the other ones by T.Thick..

so i fil in the artist field (wich is flippin' bixies i recon) but now i want to add a field 'members' and link it to texas fagot and others... also i want to credit the tracks by the correct people who made it.

so you see it's not a real compilation, but just several ppl who made the cd, under the collective group name 'flippin' bixies'.... quite hard i know but i wanna add it correctly, or not add it at all u know..

thnx in advance

It also depends which genre the release you want to submit belongs to. From my experience psytrance releases will be accepted or edited very fast, but I have some CDs from other genres that lie untouched since beginning of August!! However, if you take a look at the submission queue you might forbear...

allright

so i'm trying to add this cd

'flippin' bixies - sörkkä sonic'

wich is made almost entirily by Tim Thick (or tim bentley) from Texas faggot, mandalavandalz. it's a '96 release.

what i don't get is how i link this release to the other ones by T.Thick..

so i fil in the artist field (wich is flippin' bixies i recon) but now i want to add a field 'members' and link it to texas fagot and others... also i want to credit the tracks by the correct people who made it.

so you see it's not a real compilation, but just several ppl who made the cd, under the collective group name 'flippin' bixies'.... quite hard i know but i wanna add it correctly, or not add it at all u know..

thnx in advance

615484[/snapback]

Create a new artist and mention in the notes that it's a new entry to Discogs (tell who the members are too). Once it's accepted in, you can cross-reference it back to Tim Thick... Voila! :)

You can post your draft here on Psynews, and we'll help you out! :)

I had a few things not on discogs that I tried to submit. I attempted to put down the information contained on the CD sleeve. But the guys there kept knitpicking again and again that I just had to scream FUCK OFF!!

I had the fucking CD! The track names and supporting artists were all correct so I gave up on discogs <_< Not going to bother submitting anything else.

• 4 months later...

They accept my submissions fast. Maybe because I'm a veteran discogser? :P

maybe a stupid question, but how do u ad/write down your cd collection on discogs? i want to write down my collection there but can't find any options :( when i click on (Updates to items in My Collection) nothing really happens.

maybe a stupid question, but how do u ad/write down your cd collection on discogs? i want to write down my collection there but can't find any options :( when i click on (Updates to items in My Collection) nothing really happens.

Search for a CD in your collection & click "add to my collection"

If they don't have it in the database then you can submit it but that takes for ages & they'll question you about every little detail until you can't be bothered anymore!

Search for a CD in your collection & click "add to my collection"

If they don't have it in the database then you can submit it but that takes for ages & they'll question you about every little detail until you can't be bothered anymore!

that was a fast reply hehe, thanks alot. i think i will try something else then. my trance/chillout collection is huge and goes back to feburay 1993,and will take forever to ad it there i can see.but thanks anyway :rolleyes:

that was a fast reply hehe, thanks alot. i think i will try something else then. my trance/chillout collection is huge and goes back to feburay 1993,and will take forever to ad it there i can see.but thanks anyway :rolleyes:

I know what you mean. It took me ages to put my collection on & I'm sure I missed about half of it :(

It sucks to wait forever to get your pendings accepted... I've been there, done that...

Anyway, maybe it's because both you guys have a Discogs score of zero? Also, none of you added moderation notes - that ALWAYS helps... Adding cover art is also a good idea + a few notes (I know you did that Delars... Oh, and you'll have to credit the mastering on that release according to the new guidelines)...

Maybe you guys should 'unpend' and go earn some points and get a higher rank - that way mods will notice you more easily... It's easy getting points by adding comments, adding pictures, making corrections, etc... You can get a 100 rank in a few days, if you apply yourself... There are LOADS of updates waiting to happen within psytrance/goa/etc...

So, get busy - and get yourself known around Discogs... That way your future pendings will quickly be accepted... ;o)

/DP

I think u can only add a cover art when the submission is accepted

No, you can add a cover while submitting a release in the first place.

I could complain about Discogs a bit myself, but it's still the #1 source of info for release details... just waiting on their eventual API release.

Lol i cheked now and ur right i dont know where i got that idea...maybe it was only for people with rank 0 like i had hehe

You know what I really don't get? A lot of times I put a cd in my cd player (at uni it's just windows media player) and the tags are wrong most of the time. I look it up on discogs, and the time for each track is usually correct. However, the names are all wrong. How come?

I do think discogs is right, though. Oh wait, I looked at the back of my cd, and discogs is WRONG. :angry: Damn.

You know what I really don't get? A lot of times I put a cd in my cd player (at uni it's just windows media player) and the tags are wrong most of the time. I look it up on discogs, and the time for each track is usually correct. However, the names are all wrong. How come?

I do think discogs is right, though. Oh wait, I looked at the back of my cd, and discogs is WRONG. :angry: Damn.

Which CDs?