PsyNews FAQ

Guest djnemo

Q: What is the maximum size/dimensions I can use for my Avatar?

A: The maximum dimension is 200x200 pixels and the filesize may not exceed 50k

Q: The layout on psynews has changed, I now see a threaded view instead, what can I do?

A: You most probably changed your view to threaded. Look for: Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+ and change it to the desired view.

Q: Who or what is the Quacken???

A: This is unknown to mankind, but we for sure know that the Quacken is from another planet. Is the Quacken evil or not? We dont know, we will see at a later stage!

Q: My account disappeared, I don't understand and I'll kick your ass !!!

A: All accounts were erased during the server hack and the latest backup was made on August 1st. If you registered after that date then you have to open a new account. Then, if you want your old posts linked back to you, read THAT POST

Q: Where the hell has gone the OLD Psynews (the menu, the old reviews, etc) ?

A: It's being fixed as it contains a serious security risk.

Q: What the hell is the "Underground Lair" ? What the hell is the "Moderatorium" ?

A: Well it's Hell !! No, it's the moderators' place, a secret place, and its forum. Only them can access it thanks to their 3rd eye...

Q: I think that the signatures of people are annoying, and sometimes too long. Can I make them "invisible"?

A: Yes, you can. Go to My Controls and then to Board Settings. Set first option "Do you wish to view members signatures when reading topics?" to NO.

Posted Image

when will the old database back on line...

maybe this question is already been answered but I haven't been around much lately... :unsure:

391989[/snapback]

This is not a general question, that always applies. So I will not add that. Anyways, mars is working on that issue, but it will take some time. Patience is asked for :)

Not Found

The requested URL /database/requests/compils.php3 was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.psynews.org Port 80

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

i don't know if i'm thinking about the same thing than Ale or if it's different but Are the old left part of the site (in blue with the old reviews, what is goa and so on) definitivly removed or just temporary due the back up next to hacked perdiod.

i don't know if i'm thinking about the same thing than Ale or if it's different but Are the old left part of the site  (in blue with the old reviews, what is goa and so on) definitivly removed or just temporary due the back up next to hacked perdiod.

394454[/snapback]

It's temporary, time needed to fix some security flaw in it.

• 5 weeks later...

Searching today for older threads I've started... (such as my TOP most favorite albums of 2004 thread, and What makes an album 10/10 for you?, the latter written in 2004, etc.. is there any way I can find certain threads I've ever started? I thought maybe if I click on my name via Jon Cocco, I'd be able to find a box which lists all the threads I ever started, like a history (yahoo movies and several other sites do that) is this possible somehow because I don't remember the names of all the threads I posted.

Also, will we ever be able to add to the old goatrance reviews section some day again? Was it a lot of work to maintain or something? It was just nice to see all the albums in one area, so organized and all. You know this of course... just wondering if there are any more likely than not.. ideas for the future.

thanks!

1.) I went to check out the old goatrance reviews section today. It seems to have disappeared.. I used to go back out of forums and they'd be a list ont he left of course. What happened? I can't even access it by typing in the original www.goatrance.free.fr

409957[/snapback]

We were hacked... Mars took the reviews down for a while until a more secure method of display is found... They'll be back, don't worry! :)

2.) Searching today for older threads I've started... (such as my TOP most favorite albums of 2004 thread, and What makes an album 10/10 for you?, the latter written in 2004, etc.. is there any way I can find certain threads I've ever started? I thought maybe if I click on my name via Jon Cocco, I'd be able to find a box which lists all the threads I ever started, like a history (yahoo movies and several other sites do that) is this possible somehow because I don't remember the names of all the threads I posted.

thanks!

409957[/snapback]

Yeah man, just click your name and you'll find those options

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?ac...alluser&mid=523 (All your posts!)

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?ac...icsuser&mid=523 (All threads started by you!)

/DP

Yeah man, just click your name and you'll find those options

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?ac...alluser&mid=523  (All your posts!)

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?ac...icsuser&mid=523 (All threads started by you!)

/DP

409962[/snapback]

Thanks DP. I just checked and saw 5-10 threads I started.

I was wondering if the other 30+ threads I started are possible to view too, or if they could have somehow been deleted, moved, etc. Any ideas? I've been posting on threads here for several years and was interested to see several threads I started at the links above, curious as to what could have happened to the rest. Sometimes it's just fun to go back and check older threads. Thanks, ;)

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

why the psytrance's map of student Anoebis isn't pinned ?

:)

edit:what's the Resigned group member, sort of pessimistic club ? :lol:

Okay, here's one.

When I go to the search box at the bottem below review threads (any year) and type in V/A for example, I'm brought to a page with a board message that says Sorry, an error occured..

Now V/A is exactly how hundreds of albums are written as thread titles, yet nothing comes up for this search. :huh: I'm unable to find Various Artists compilations to appear when I specify V/A just so I don't have to go through hundreds of threads to find what I'm looking for. Same thing goes for when I search for certain (not all) artist albums in general. It works occasionally, but when I went to forums, reviews, 2004... for example, and typed in Dark Soho or Light in Dark, the same annoying message came up, as if these threads or threads with these words in them don't exist, but they clearly do.

This sounds like a flaw in the sites search engine. Am I doing something wrong or what? Can this be corrected, explored as to reason it's doing this?

Lastly, (same topic) there are only 4 pages available to view in forum reviews 2004. Once I think I clicked on the last page and more page numbers appeared, like after 4, you'd see page 5, 6, 7, etc.. however the 2004 review forums go only as far back as 4 pages. Is this another site change/glitch, or is there any way around this block to view threads further back? :unsure:

Jon - the search string "V/A" is too short... I think it has to be more than 4 characters or something... I agree that the search is a bit wobbly at times, but with the right combinations you should be able to find most things - especially if you use the Advanced Usage Help (click link that appears, for more search options...)

/DP

Q: Who or what is the Quacken???

391971[/snapback]

The Quacken was my creation, actually, with some help from Mike Indidginus who doesn't post here anymore. One day we'd been kidding around, and Mike mentioned something about the Kraken from the movie, Clash of the Titans. As a joke I turned it into the Quacken. It caught on, and the Quacken took on evil characteristics, essentially becoming the official Psynews nemesis, an all-powerful being who could destroy all Psynewsers and the Earth itself. A team was assembled to compete against the Quacken, namely Oprah (me), Martha Stewart (Mike) and a host of others at the time. We had fun describing all the challenging adventures of taking on the Quacken in various international locales.

It's great to come back here after a few years and see that the Quacken has become a mysterious, folkloric and legendary figure in the Psynews mythology.

Mars edit : Some Quacken resource here : http://www.captainquack.com/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Q: What is Children doing these days?

426365[/snapback]

Nobody knows. He disappeared in september 2003.

I gave up trying to have him on the phone in july 2005.

Q: Who is the legendary Children and what was so great about him?

489432[/snapback]

Children and mars made, owned, managed, administrated psynews together.

At some point (i think in 2003?), Children decided to get out from this project.

So now there is only mars. He himself has been offline for long periods of time, in 2003, 2004, but he is still here, still paying for the internet connection and for the electricity bill, administrating psynews, and building and rebuilding it with our help.