Trance Magazines

Basilisk

Hey... does anyone have old trance publications from the 90s, or maybe right around the turn of the millenium? They don't seem to be online very often... I remember implant used to be online but that is no longer the case. I'm just looking to dig around in the history of things and magazines and such seem like a good way to do it :) does anyone have a stack they don't want any more, or leads on where to find some?

I finally got myself a scanner 2 days ago, so when I have the time I will go through the magazines I have as well as my now rather thick pile of old press releases - How about you add a table column in the new ekto database for press releases eh? =)

Ah, excellent! I've already got a spot in the gallery for scans, and can add directories wholesale, any time you like.

I find the terminology they use back then very interesting... to think they called Slide "psychedelic techno" in 1996, ha! ;)

I've been digging through my own old magazines and making more scans... older issues of Implant, Dream Creation, and Lotus (before 13) would all be very interesting.

I don't have all that many magazines, but will get to work on the Dream Creation feb/march 97 issue now. I'll scan selected ads and articles from 96-97 issues of WAX as well.

I'm going to scan any interesting articles and interviews I come across... the Flying Rhino update in Implant 11 is a good example. Cass had just come on board and the label was experiencing the growing pains that led to their redefinition... arguably, it was the beginning of the shift towards minimal, progressive, and psychedelic techno.

When you see a shift in a label's discography it's nice to flesh out the story with some reading material... it gives greater perspective to the history of trance.

I know only two german magazins, they called Frontpage and Raveline.

Frontpage donsen't exsist anymore. They factal point was more the Techno and Ravescene like e.g. the Loveparade or Mayday.

Raveline is various electronic magazine and it still exsist.

But I never read them. LOL :lol:

I scanned a few right away:

http://ukiro.com/pressreleases/

Note the mention of TWO upcoming Organic Noise albums in the TIP022 press release, for example... I wonder why that never happened?

I'll go through my vinyl shelf and look for more press releases later.

389100[/snapback]

woooooow that's some cool information you're putting on line....

great thanx... old skool style :D

keep up the good work, my interest is high :)

I'm digging through some old magazines and it's almost shocking how things are turned over to the industry sometime after 2000... I actually have a mag that goes WOW - AMAZING - EXCLUSIVE INFECTED MUSHROOM INTERVEiw!!!!!!!1111 and then it's written by the label boss. Whut? Talk about impartiality... :D

The search goes on...

• 1 month later...

Cuz I've had zero responses to this topic (beyond this) anywhere I posted it ;) I know the magazines are out there...

418967[/snapback]

You DID see my scans of the january 1997 issue of Dream Creation, right?

Anyway, I have more to scan, so as soon as I can get myself a two week vacation, that andother projects will get a chance to appear on my busy schedule...

I read through most of the Dream Creation magazines a while back, which I borrowed from a friend... Pretty cool magazine, and I can't believe how much work they put into them! That guy (don't remeber his name) who was running it, did an amazing job back then... For me it shows that Goa trance was pretty commercial at that time... Also because the internet wasn't as informative as now, it was probably more need for magazines like that... Fun reading!

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

I have some old Coda Magazine (since 1994/95) but it's in french, furthermore i don't have scan (i'll try to see how much it costs & maybe i could buy one).

I read through most of the Dream Creation magazines a while back, which I borrowed from a friend... Pretty cool magazine, and I can't believe how much work they put into them! That guy (don't remeber his name) who was running it, did an amazing job back then... For me it shows that Goa trance was pretty commercial at that time... Also because the internet wasn't as informative as now, it was probably more need for magazines like that... Fun reading!

419015[/snapback]

Stuart.

He has plans for something similar soon, I believe.

• 10 years later...

Guys, I was struck by a sudden nostalgia of the old times and opened some of my late 90's magazines that I have.

Would be great if someone still keep scanned copies of Implant magazine?

Brilliant threadromancy!

Actually over a decade old :D

Does anyone remember mushroom magazine?