Non Psy tunes that should be played at psy parties

Great idea:

Go for the original, NOT the rmx.

Time to dust of some REAL oldies.

MNO God Of Abraham

Don't-know-the-artist - Phunky (THE ultimate bass-line)

D-Shake Technotrance

Maurizio - M4, M6 or M7=> in a progressive set

NIN - At the heart of it all (Aphex Twin rmx) => in the DARK chill out

Dr Motte - Klang der Famille

Surgeon - Intro III

Marco Bailey - Scorpia

Jeff mills - The Extremist

Vainquer - Lyot (Maurizio mix) => in a tech-trance-set

Jones & Stephenson - The first rebirth !!!

Age of Love - Age of Love

Desert Storm Desert Storm

Systematic Parts - Violin de la nuit

Draxx - Amphetamine

Ron Trent - Altered States

Joe T. Vannelli Play With The Voice In Germany (Paul v Dyk mix)

=> in a morning set

Carat Trax - Night & Day or The Message

R.O.O.S. - Instant Moments.

Kernkraft 400 - Zombie Nation => tricky ones for die-hard-clubbers only

Get your P2P up & running,

download

and enjoy!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr Motte - Klang der Famille (Always with me!)

Jones & Stephenson - The first rebirth !!! (Classic one!)

Age of Love - Age of Love (Always with me)

Drax - Amphetamine (Thomas P. Heckmann is one of my alltime favourite producers, sure knows how to make techno sound trance and vice versa)

EDIT:

What about:

Cosmic Baby

Kid Paul...well the whole MFS posse from back then?

Humate - Love Stimulation

??!!? Wow, gonna make a mixtape this weekend with JUST the classics :)

I never underestimate, but I am talking out of experience. Many times I have played Underworld, Eye-Q records, Harthouse Records etc etc, and everyone always asks me "When did this come out?", "Is this the new Dragonfly?" "Awsome promos you have!"

Im not saying that people on the dancefloor or here are narrow minded, Im mearly saying that people in general get stuck on Genres...

367382[/snapback]

they're not supposed to know everything you know (or not even half). else we would all be djs.

it doesn't matter if they ask you questions you consider silly or dumb. be happy that they're around you and dance and enjoy your music :)

What about:

Cosmic Baby

Kid Paul...well the whole MFS posse from back then?

Humate - Love Stimulation

??!!? Wow, gonna make a mixtape this weekend with JUST the classics :)

367394[/snapback]

Only thing I can say to that is:

Visions of Shiva - How much can you take? :P

Should there be any way you could get me a copy of that mix, I'd be véry interested!!!

As I'm not a dj I don't have the vynils but cd's like this one have been with me for a looong time : http://www.discogs.com/release/42916

Should there be any way you could get me a copy of that mix, I'd be véry interested!!!

As I'm not a dj I don't have the vynils but cd's like this one have been with me for a looong time : http://www.discogs.com/release/42916

367405[/snapback]

Tox,

I will be posting a link to the download when its done :)

I like the idea as well, and the first tune that popped in my mind immediately was "Holy Ghost - 4 AM at the crying cactus". Does anyone know this track? I think it was released on Tresor rec, but damn this is wicked.

It's an awesome idea. Some really good choices like the Laurent Garnier, Underworld, Panacea, Age of Love (classic!!)...

I would add:

Josh Wink - Higher State of Consciousness

Plastikman - Spastik

Jeff Mills - Alarms

Robert Armani - Roadtour (Dave Clarke rmx)

James Holden - A break in the clouds

Nathan Fake - The sky was pink

Vitalic - La rock

DK - Murder was the bass

Nitzer Ebb - Let your body learn

and many drum & bass classics

:lol:

Hedningarna - "Graucholorfen" (pitched up slightly maybe)

That track is just so amazing. I WILL open a set with it some day, if I can jsut figure out how the hell I'm supposed to maintain that mood throughout the rest of the set...

and for electronic music, a morning trancer from the club side that would go well in the sunrise:

Moon Project - "Moments Are Forever"

Well, I have been thinking about this subject matter a lot lately, and the conclusion I reached is that i would like a psytrance party without any music from the regular psygenre.

Weird you think? Hers my reasoning:

First, of all, i was attracted to this scene because of 1. the music , and 2. the parties ( that means atmosphere, people, decoration, the "everything can go attitude", the low egos etc...).

Whats happening today:

1: 98% percent of the music released into the psyscene is shit. It is not psychedlic at all, its ravemusic with rolling basslines and digital farting sounds. Its not trance and its not psychedelic, therefore the term "psytrance" is blasphemy, IMHO. Trance in its original sense is hypnotic and not fast at all. Psychedelic means mindexpanding, ethereal and trippy. The current "Psytrance" is as far from that as you can go. Its fast, abrasive, cheesy and straight hit to the face, theres nothing, absolutely nothing, trippy or minexpanding about it.

However, theres tons of music around that is trancy and psychedelic, it just doesnt come from this scene (with a few exceptions, of course). Just as an example, Dominik Eulbergs recent album "Flora&Fauna" released on the Techno label Traum Schallplatten, or most of the "Border Community" label output, ot the stuff from trentemoller, martinez, the pokerflat label etc.....

2: The Psy parties as such, excluding the music, here in germany are awesome, especially the summer festivals. I like the vibe, the people, the surroundings etc..., the parties are a lot better than techno or house parties

Logical Conclusion: Only real psychedelic trance, mostly stuff that is from outside this scene, should be played at the parties, the rest of the party can stay as it is.

Prodigy - Voodoo People

I used to play the original to start a Goa set - no, really. It works quite well!

367039[/snapback]

Oh yes, Voodoo People is such a great track, also the others like Firestarter. I sure would love to hear that in a psyset.

i'll go for some crazier tunes (ok maybe just parts of tracks):

- some rock/indie/ska/rap track with a very good part of scratch :) but i can't think of one now

- Antiloop - Only you

- Delirium feat. Sarah McLachlan - Silence (tiesto remix)

- Depeche Mode - It's No Good

- Fun Lovin Criminals - Scooby Snacks

- Underworld - Rez or Born Sleepy or Cowgirl or who knows what track :P

- Prodigy - Mindfiels

- Manau - Panik Celtik

- No Doubt - It's My Life

- The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

- Sugababes - Overload

- Massive Attack (surely some track)

- Coldplay - Clocks.

i'm sure i could do some tricks here and there with a few tracks (maybe mix with something else).

so what do you think?

bash me or worship me if you have to :)

367357[/snapback]

I love you for knowing the Panique Celitque track, the whole album by Manau is just so great! I didn't expect that anybody here (well, maybe exept some French people) now it in this forum. Moni, you rock! :)

I never underestimate, but I am talking out of experience. Many times I have played Underworld, Eye-Q records, Harthouse Records etc etc, and everyone always asks me "When did this come out?", "Is this the new Dragonfly?" "Awsome promos you have!"

Im not saying that people on the dancefloor or here are narrow minded, Im mearly saying that people in general get stuck on Genres...

367382[/snapback]

Back in the good old days the barrier between goa and trance wasn't that big. At least not when I look at the old comps: some nice trance tracks besides nice goa. I wouldn't mind when the genres start floating into each other again. As you've said: people are way to much into genres than into good music in general.

367405[/snapback]

That's a classic track, I love it!!!

I can't name any tracks that I would like to hear but I can tell you a little tale about the last party I was: it was a nice outdoor party with several areas: one remember trance (the stuff Tekk is talking about, but also other old tracks), techno, new psy and some tekkhouse. It was just so great: I was always switchint betweent the remember floor and the psyfloor. And so were many others, it was just so great and I would really appreciate that when more parties like this take place. Or even parties with just one or two floors but with DJs playing different styles.

Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round

I actually heard that track on a party, it was played as the last track.. It worked very well imo. At home i don't like it at all, infact i hate everything that is connected to the 80's. But it rocked on a big sound-system. B)

A very good track that only some Germans might now is Wir Sind Helden - Guten Tag. It's more rock but has some samples in it, heard it in a techno set (the original track not a remix) and people were going crazy. I guess it could also work in a psyparty when the people are a bit open minded (since it's rock it has a lot of vocals).

well it's not like I had the biggest crowd ever (I played the closing set and it had been a cold night):

Posted Image

367593[/snapback]

I hope they were the IN CROWD...;)

Finishing with original of Rhythm Is A Dancer ? Ummm, can I say that it was rather cheesy attempt ? :P:D

Dr Motte - Klang der Famille (Always with me!)

367394[/snapback]

Yes!

I also agree on Prodigy!

I've been thinking DJ Tiesto - Lethal Industry could actually work.

Maybe The Green Martian - Ladies And Gentlemen (Original Mix).

Fluke - Zion

I would throw rotten eggs and tomatoes if someone would play Tiesto at a psy party!