Best Etnica Album

Time_Trap

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nitrox has Triptonite, Vega,  Technoshit, Nitrox on it. all excellent tracks.

350202[/snapback]

I recently [finally] bought a copy and heard the Nitrox album. What can I say?

The last several tracks are truly [some of their] best work. It's too bad the rest of the album didn't follow that beautiful, downtempo/chill floating approach through-out the WHOLE album. They could have made a masterpiece album! Alas, we get too different styles back-to-back. They probably wanted to appeal to more ppl.

They morph their somewhat decent or half-decent Nitrox album into something far above and beyond decent, but only towards the last third. Still I'm not complaining because I heard this expecting such disappointment. It was the samples on the last several Nitrox tracks that caught my attention.

I wouldn't say Nitrox is a bad album, just maybe less complex and certainly less melody filled than faves like Alien Protein (on a level of its own) and the also unique and melodic (still my all-time Etnica fave) Equator. :)

I still have yet to hear Juggeling Alchemists. It's on my list. And I won't even bother to name their most recent album. Based on the samples, it sounds terrible, boring, just not anything worth writing about anymore. :unsure:

If we have more votes cut anyone sent etnica an e-mail that they see the truth that not much people like fullon? But i think it´s useless because they will continue to produce fullon.

I voted Nitrox because it had the only track from them I ever played - I forget exactly which one, but there was one track on that album I was playing a lot in 2001. The rest of the album wasn't bad either. I remember Equator being listenable, but I think it went in the pile as soon as the next CD arrived. ;) Other than that, Etnica blows goats, IMO. Their early stuff was always my least favorite of the old-skool days. I remember everybody being all hyped about Alien Protein, but it always just bored the fuck out of me. I never understood the excitement.

Now, their Pleaidians work - that was decent stuff. Crop Circles weren't too bad either.

If we have more votes cut anyone sent etnica an e-mail that they see the truth that not much people like fullon? But i think it´s useless because they will continue to produce fullon.

385637[/snapback]

Etnica ever made full on ? Naaah, don't think so...

385637[/snapback]

well, maybe if everyone banded together, maybe bush wouldn't be in office?! yeah -- right!

as psytrance begins to have political awareness, UH-HUH!

they produce what they want to do =] get it? got it! GOOD!

Aaron

I finally got the Nitrox album today and thought it very poor until I got to the final three tracks (which are excellent). I just don't understand why the first seven tracks are so repetitive and lifeless. It's a bit like having a load of old beans and stale bread for dinner then having a very small, delicious slice of blackforest gateau for dessert.