Tell me about the full-on you like!

Tatsu

Guest .::E.P

:huh:

:blink:

Blue Planet Full On ?

I can't believe that such 'expert' say that...

They don't have a slightest connection to full on genre whatsoever.... :ph34r:.

285873[/snapback]

Welll they are Full On to me simply because they make fast music and do indeed also use some formulas represented in Full On. And I never claimed to be an expert as you say! So before you go on.. please dont start anything. It's my opinion so respect it (if it's possible for you?) as I respect your opinion!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon grumpy, I wasn't starting another war with you, just am amazed how can you by any means say that anything in Blue Planet Corporation music can remotely sound like full on.

Yes, he did use strong kicks in Atoll and Dialect but those 2 songs are about the only ones that 'could be interpreted' as full on...;)

C'mon grumpy, I wasn't starting another war with you, just am amazed how can you by any means say that anything in Blue Planet Corporation music can remotely sound like full on.

Yes, he did use strong kicks in Atoll and Dialect but those 2 songs are about the only ones that 'could be interpreted' as full on...;)

285909[/snapback]

Now the word "everything" is on your account. I dont recall using that word ;)

But the fast tracks does indeed come close to Full On in many ways. the KIKS, the use of bassline etc.

But again it' my opinion and as I said I quite like some of their music.

Jirah - Outer Access

Biotonic - The Right Time

P.O.G. - Echo Road

Overlap - Don't ever Again

All from Harmonia records..

-I think that all these tracks are very good, and wouldn't mind play them in a set. Unfortunately not in a proggy-set or a techy-set. ;)

First of all I'm amazed how many replies (and most of them are positive!!) I've got to this thread! You made my day guys! A lot of names you've mentioned are also on my playlist. Especially Psydrop, some Space Buddha, Talpa, Misted Muppets, latest Electtric Universe album, 1200 Mics and of course the Nano Records stuff like v/A - Natural Selection.

But there are also a lot of new names I can check out now like Hydrophonic, Jihra (allready love the track on the Tsunami comp), Shane Gobi and others.

What I don't understand is the dislikeing of the latest Space Cat album. When you knew his old albums then the sound of Mechanical Dream is not exactly a surprise. He might have taken the basslines but in my opinion you still have a unique Space Cat sound. It seems to me that as soon as tracks get melodic (and the first two albums also were really melodic) some people start to scream treachery, they just do it for the money and so on. Goa used to be very melodic so why the fuss?!

But it's a matter of taste so to each his own, no hard feelings or anything.

Anyway, I'm very happy that this thread didn't turn out as a big artist bashing or anything, it's nice to talk about full-on in a civilised manner and to hear different opinions about the artists. Keep them coming! :)

I dont dig mostly any full on....

but a few here and there have come as ok in my head...

one or 2 sub6 tracks I´ve heard were nice... others I didnt like

one track I heard from protoculture was not too hard on my mind either, so that was ok.. dont know about the rest

and specially, the new jaia album has some full on influences here and there, like some basslines, but its just so much better than most stuff, and also has lots of influence from house stuff and all, so that one stayed pretty good

285578[/snapback]

I've just heard the samples form Jaia so my opinion might be not take too serious but from what I've heard the samples sounded more like house than full-on.

VA - The Door of Wisdom (http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=4250) ... I like this compilation a lot. Good (psychedelic!) stuff I could well imagine dancing to. Far away from the usual cheese.

Then there is

Shift (if this is full on at all)

Audialize

Absolum

Neuromotor

And of course Penta, but I doubt this is still full on.

I've just heard the samples form Jaia so my opinion might be not take too serious but from what I've heard the samples sounded more like house than full-on.

286524[/snapback]

I personally would have liked jaia to be much more housey and less Full On'ish. And not so fast :)

Wouldnt everyone agree on these compilations beeing good Full-On .. ?

Seems like there used to be alot of cool full-on from Isreal before.. now it's mostly just lame.

Full-On 1

Full-On 2

Full-On 3

Full-On 4

Full-On 5

Full-On 6

Full-On 7 (well.. this compilation shows what rout "Full-On" is taking..

Next compilation in the series is doomed to suck.)

I would love to have all of these in original B)

Seems like there used to be alot of cool full-on from Isreal before

286609[/snapback]

Is it ok I say a big fat NO to all those Full On Compilations ? :)

Of cource my friend.. NO problem at all. But I love them!  ^_^

286616[/snapback]

I used to have all those compilations (got them as promos)... I gave them away to someone... cant even rememeber who anymore :)

I used to have all those compilations (got them as promos)...  I gave them away to someone... cant even rememeber who anymore :)

286622[/snapback]

:o:huh::o .. you you.. why didnt you know me back then eh? eh!? Damn you mister Thinning!

Next time your giving away cd's, please PM me first, ok? :D

:o  :huh:  :o .. you you.. why didnt you know me back then eh? eh!? Damn you mister Thinning!

Next time your giving away cd's, please PM me first, ok? :D

286626[/snapback]

ok deal ;) now i must go and take care of business... getting a Swedish ID so I can be a outstanding and responsible citizen in malmoe haha :)

laterz

Seems like there used to be alot of cool full-on from Isreal before.. now it's mostly just lame.

Full-On 1

Full-On 2

Full-On 3

Full-On 4

Full-On 5

Full-On 6

Full-On 7 (well.. this compilation shows what rout "Full-On" is taking..

Next compilation in the series is doomed to suck.)

I would love to have all of these in original  B)

286609[/snapback]

I wouldn't call the earlier Full-on compilations "full-on" in the sense this topic defines full-on :)

Good full-on:

Psydrop

Protoculture

Phi

Lani

Space Cat (well, some of it..)

Vibe Tribe (Extremely cheesy and stupid at times but some melodies are really nice)

Electric Universe (The Prayer & Morning Star)

I like the old full-on compilations a lot, but back then full-on had another meaning than today. On the old full-on comps are just old-school israely tracks. But I mean even today people are argueing about the exact definition of full-on. There are many different full-ons... In the end it's just a genre name so people can at least guess how the music could sound.

I wouldn't call the earlier Full-on compilations "full-on" in the sense this topic defines full-on :)

286640[/snapback]

well.. Full-on like most music changes over the time. right? But what do I know..

Can I say that Infected's latest release is good Full-On compared to alot of other new acts?

I like the old full-on compilations a lot, but back then full-on had another meaning than today. On the old full-on comps are just old-school israely tracks.

286669[/snapback]

I love old-school isrealy tracks! :D

well.. Full-on like most music changes over the time. right? But what do I know..

286670[/snapback]

Sure, full-on has changed, psy has changed but in the end thos are only names. If you name it old-school israely trance or early full-on, the music on the comps still stays the same.

Can I say that Infected's latest release is good Full-On compared to alot of other new acts?

I love old-school isrealy tracks! :D

286670[/snapback]

Sure you can, it's up to your own taste if you like their new music or not. I personally think it is good full-on but as I said, it's a matter of taste.

Sure, full-on has changed, psy has changed but in the end thos are only names. If you name it old-school israely trance or early full-on, the music on the comps still stays the same.

Sure you can, it's up to your own taste if you like their new music or not. I personally think it is good full-on but as I said, it's a matter of taste.

286680[/snapback]

personally i think it's mediocre psypop. <_<:D

what the hell is full on anyway? first time i heard that word was when a friend came back from a party back in the days when GMS was cool, astrix was releasing eye to eye (i think it was a release party) and he just came and was like "wow, man.. that was FULL ON"

Does it have THE baseline? If it does, there's a good chance it's full-on.

But that's not the only condition. There's full-on without THE baseline. There's also full-on with THE baseline, but altered slightly or masked.

Also, what full-on is depends when you ask the question (i.e. now or 5 years ago).

Does that help? :P

the only full on cd I actually enjoyed so far is the first one of Tikal and the last album of Electric Universe

But there is more full on like (not really typical full on) stuff I dig like Miraculix, Blue Vortex, Herbal Essence, Silent Sphere and Soul Surfers :)