What new music did you get today?

DeathPosture

Had a very nice goa album in the mail (or so I hope, I'm listening to it for the first time right now):

v/a - Psychedelic Goa Trance (Omnisomus, 1996)

http://www.discogs.com/release/180284

Aaah, Witchcraft - Whale... The dolphin sounds at the end of the track are so intense... I love this one SO much :)

Anyway, latest arrivals this week

Suomi:

Hippie Killer compilation

Goa:

Bell Size Park

Goa EP's:

2 Puissance 30 - Le Trou Normand

Deviant Electronics - Psi Corps EP

Deflo - Ka El Mono EP

Eleven Processus - Opus Dei EP

Normal Trance:

Ayla - Nirwana

Had a very nice goa album in the mail (or so I hope, I'm listening to it for the first time right now):

v/a - Psychedelic Goa Trance (Omnisomus, 1996)

http://www.discogs.com/release/180284

Hey, this one is in the media library here :D

Borrowed it some time ago.

Normal Trance:

Ayla - Nirwana

Aaaahhhh, with the famous Liebe and Ayla. How did they rock my world back then (especially Liebe). Could you tell me what the rest of the album is like?

Aaaahhhh, with the famous Liebe and Ayla. How did they rock my world back then (especially Liebe). Could you tell me what the rest of the album is like?

Ayla's version of Liebe (Love) is not bad and the ATB Mix is typical for german newer trance = big shit.

But at all, I preferred the original from Cosmic Baby. One of the german trance genius. :)

Ayla's version of Liebe (Love) is not bad and the ATB Mix is typical for german newer trance = big shit.

But at all, I preferred the original from Cosmic Baby. One of the german trance genius. :)

The one from Cosmic Baby is on Stellar Supereme? I think (quite sure) I never heard it.

well, major dissapointment, not at all what I expected, mostly cheesy and simple :(

The whole album is great. :posford:

Cosmic Baby - Stellar Supreme

OK cool, thanks for the suggestion!

And I did the thing everybody now must do, I Youtube'd it and found it :lol:

And here is Ayla's version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYM49LVFgog

Interesting thing to notice is how Trance morphed. Ayla took away all the sounds that were in the middle part and which are very often used in Goa, or Electro, and made it more the way Trance is now (I don't really know what, perhaps a lot emphasis on leading melody).

I said it: New German Trance = Big Shit :lol:

well, tell me more old good german trance then... Stuff like the Blue Corporation Vinyls on UFK... :) I know it exists, but all stuff I bought was a major dissapointment except for some Bonzai stuff (Blue Alphabet singles and Innertales)

I should check out the good old LSG/Paragliders as well now... I hope they won't dissapoint... :)

well, tell me more old good german trance then... Stuff like the Blue Corporation Vinyls on UFK... :) I know it exists, but all stuff I bought was a major dissapointment except for some Bonzai stuff (Blue Alphabet singles and Innertales)

I should check out the good old LSG/Paragliders as well now... I hope they won't dissapoint... :)

Well, I personally liked Kai Tracid stuff (especially Peyote Song) - not really old though. Kai-Q have you heard it?

Well, I personally liked Kai Tracid stuff (especially Peyote Song) - not really old though. Kai-Q have you heard it?

Never liked this guy.

Since 1997/98 I heared not more so much normal trance, because it began to become moronic and boring.

In this time I discovered Goa Trance and Ambient like Banco de Gaia, Eat Static, Astralasia, Hallucinogen and many more. :)

From the newer normal Trance I like only the stuff from the old masterminds like Oliver Lieb, Harald Blüchel (Cosmic Baby) etc. and the stuff from the labels MFS, Superstition and Platipus Records.

Got two new albums:

Psyfactor - Endless Universe

http://www.discogs.com/release/652456

Brain Damage - Waiting For My Angel

http://www.discogs.com/release/1108049

The Psyfactor album is a total blast, exactly the style I love in ambient. The Brain Damage album seems to be good too.