South Africa..

MpMsAy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TIMECODE! I'll say it again TIMECODE!!

These people created and now are the future!

SA psy ROCKS!!

Oh and Artifakt is pure GENIUS!!

His sounds are the most amazing and unique stuff I have ever heard. :rolleyes:

LEGENDS IN THE MAKING........

look out world

249557[/snapback]

Yeah Timecode rock!!!

Went to their first party ever held a couple of years ago in a abandoned warehouse, even then the tunes were as they say, Twisted, Dark, and Thumping back then :D

Artifakt and Rasmataz(One dude from Hydrophonic) were the pioneers of psytrance in SA!!! :P

Sauna Trance is still the future

In short

S.A Psytrance acts kick ass.. HARD

I really love Shift, Artifakt, Broken Toy and yes.. also Damage, listen to his last album and enjoy the sheer madness he creates! he's not Skazified and has his own style!

No way he's the worst of S.A, he's cool :)

Guest .::E.P

It's easy to see why E.P. doesn't like SA music.

You don't like this kind of Psy. Keep that in mind, it's important.

For example, give me the best and most innovative Progressive album around and I just say that it sucks big time. Why? Cause I dislike Progressive.

If you don't like Power Full On it's natural to believe that they're not such good.

And SA was better than it is today?

Shift 2 years ago was another similar full on artist, but today is amazing.

248520[/snapback]

It's obvious that you haven't understood one thing about what i wrote. Try to re-read what i wrote or don't ;)

I am not going to repeat myself. It's seem a waiste of time with you mate.

Shift 2 years ago was another similar full on artist, but today is amazing.

248520[/snapback]

are you serious? i think it's the other way around..

@E.P.

I understand everything you wrote, man. But I think you got me wrong. I don't disagree with you. What I mean is this "Let's suppose that SA music is the future and you don't like SA style, is there anyway to agree that they are really the future?" :)

@dmtree

Are you sure? The first Shift track I listened was Insane back in 2002. UNINSPIRED! Just a bass and some fx, nothing more. Or Sternoptyx of 2003. Great track but compared to his today stuff sounds very simple. Today, Shift is more melodic but still powerful and chaotic.

@E.P.

I understand everything you wrote, man. But I think you got me wrong. I don't disagree with you. What I mean is this "Let's suppose that  SA music is the future and you don't like SA style, is there anyway to agree that they are really the future?" :)

252650[/snapback]

I like a lot of styles. I think I am very openminded when it come to music (except when it come to Israeli Full On and the many clones out there) after going through many music faces in my life. I do like some SA music and I have been aware of SA trance since 1997/1998 and forward. I just simply dont think it's the future of this scene. And as I said earlier. It's been foretold so many times from the day SA trance entered the scene that it will be the next big thing... It just never did.. Just as USA never became the next big party country as everyone said it would be... see my point?

I like a lot of styles.  I think I am very openminded when it come to music (except when it come to Israeli Full On and the many clones out there) after going through many music faces in my life.  I do like some SA music and I have been aware of SA trance since 1997/1998 and forward. I just simply dont think it's the future of this scene.  And as I said earlier.  It's been foretold so many times from the day SA trance entered the scene that it will be the next big thing... It just never did.. Just as USA never became the next big party country as everyone said it would be... see my point?

252659[/snapback]

Sure man and to be honest ,I don't believe that SA is the future. For me the FUTURE will be the kind of Psy that will be better than Old School-Goa and SA music ain't better than Goa. But with all these craps today is really nice to see that some ppl still release quality stuff and SA IMO are quality artists. ;)

the early Timecode compilations (orbis tertius and timecode:cypher), the first Alien Safari, and other early SA comps were some of the best psy compilations ever produced. it was a new sound then, psychoactive, and smashed dancefloors to bits. these days you know exactly what to expect from them - they haven't really evolved much. the new shift and broken toy albums are okay, they try some different tricks, but not all that innovative or psychedelic.

just my opinion.

artifakt still comes up with very nice tracks almost every time, though.. can't wait till his album, whenever that comes out.

cheers

i am crazy about all the stuff coming out of South Africa .. Shift , broken toy ect

all of it is very good if u compare to the full on that follow the same boring model and baseline. Its inventive and different.... this might  just be me over reacting but the question is : will the "south African style" set new bounderies for psy? And perhaps overshadow the  typical Full on that is currently beeing created almost at "assembly line speeds" ?

Shifts album Excession is just one stepping stone on this path.. imho

247795[/snapback]

NO

You stand to be rectified I believe the answer you are looking for is>>>>

YES!!! :P

253769[/snapback]

Some people don't understand a NO :angry:

And some people just don't UNDERSTAND! :P

253776[/snapback]

SA full on is pretty much the only style of full on i like. because it is different and not typical isreali full on. its way more complex and raw. it may not be the future. but it still rocks. not to mention the parties are amongst the best in the world. (best locations etc...)

SA full on is pretty much the only style of full on i like. because it is different and not typical isreali full on. its way more complex and raw. it may not be the future. but it still rocks. not to mention the parties are amongst the best in the world. (best locations etc...)

253778[/snapback]

Exactly! Some say Full-on without the cheese!

And I think we're the best at Dark Full-on right now, Nationally that is.

...waits for the flaming tsunami

;)

• 7 months later...