are there any PSYTRANCE vinyls?!

vc0n

are there any psytrance vinyls?

i checked MANY record shops... but half of em didn t even know what psytrance was... and the other half said they never heard of psytrance on vinyls!

if someone knows a good site where we can order psytrance vinyls... could i have it!?

or good record shops in montreal where i could find some....

everyone seems to be forgetting about trance here... they all go for hard tech or house!!

• Like 1

Hardly anything is released on vinyl anymore. TIP.World and Digital Structures are the only labels that spring to mind. I'd recommend hunting down older stuff instead - It's available on vinyl, and the music is better =)

Or just buy CDs, they are at least as good as vinyls.

Unless you have some sort of vinyl fetish...  :D

244096[/snapback]

.cds are banal shit, go listen to your boombox.

.cds are banal shit, go listen to your boombox.

244199[/snapback]

I'm not going to get into an argument about this as well. Nice try, you damned troll.

Vinyl can sound much better then Cd, the problem is that you need good (expensive) decks. On the other hand even a cheap CD player can produce good sound.

245013[/snapback]

The difference in sound quality is so non-existantly small, that a generic person can't even hear it.

The difference in sound quality is so non-existantly small, that a generic person can't even hear it.

245029[/snapback]

I think that's complete bullshit. Do you even own a turntable?

245042[/snapback]

I agree, CD is crap compared to vinyl, even though it depends on the pressing... Vinyl doesnt have any limitations you see, no 16 bit 44.1kHz restrictions. Its even possible to tell the difference between CD and DAT. And dont even mention mp3.

Hej Ola, för övrigt spelar vi i Sthlm nästa lördag, med Procs och Krumelur mfl :) Vet ej var men det visar sig väl.

Hej Ola, för övrigt spelar vi i Sthlm nästa lördag, med Procs och Krumelur mfl :) Vet ej var men det visar sig väl.

245061[/snapback]

Woohoo! Jag ska kolla upp det! (tack för infon)

245042[/snapback]

No, he doesn`t, he has a boombox for shpongle.

maybe you can hear a difference between those (i doubt many people actually can) but is that the point of listening music ?  'this is nice track but its cda so i dont like it' <_<

245108[/snapback]

When did I (or d-dave) ever make any such statement? I have plenty of CDs and I'm sure David does as well. BUT I can still prefer one format over the other, and the discussion was now about there being an audible difference or not - noone said CDs can't be listened to.

And yes, even with fairly standard equipment just about anyone could tell the difference if they tried, I'm perfectly sure. I would guess that you, as Cinos, don't have a turntable or a decent stereo system. Anyone who has actively listened to music on both vinyl and CD will tell you they sound differently. I really don't understand how you can argue against this.

i was actualyl more preferring to cd vs mp3 but vinyl you can recognise from the 'mistakes' and 'hissing' sound ..

245133[/snapback]

...which is understandable if you haven't heard much high-quality vinyl played on a good system. It does cost a bit of money to make vinyl justice. But now you're contradicting yourself by admitting that there is an audible difference =)

Do you even own a CD player? :rolleyes:

Seriously, you can't argue about it. On a good system, the difference is funking marginal, you have a very HARD time hearing it. And besides, the hissing and clipping a vinyl makes make up for that subtle difference.

On a good system, the difference is funking marginal, you have a very HARD time hearing it. And besides, the hissing and clipping a vinyl makes make up for that subtle difference.

245165[/snapback]

Huh? Right. On a good system you wont hear the hissing from the vinyl! So you still have the better soundquality from the vinyl...

Of course CDs sounds good (but not as good) on a good system, and probably better than vinyl on a bad system if the pressing and the record player is bad, but the point here is that you can hear the difference in sound quality between CD and vinyl (which you can probably not hear in a club, but rather at home). Since Im a professional I can hear the difference even between CD and DAT, and dont even mention "high" bitrate mp3s...

Anyway, on a good system where you can listen carefully Im sure anyone will notice the difference between a CD and a vinyl record.

And I still prefer vinyl. :) And if you dont agree, you probably havent heard a good pressing on a good system. :P

Since Im a professional I can hear the difference even between CD and DAT, and dont even mention "high" bitrate mp3s...

245210[/snapback]

If I recall correctly, not even hardcore professionals hear the difference between 320 or so mp3 and other medias.

Let me dig up some research on this.

funny, most vinyl are pressed from CD masters. especially psytrance!

i dont think vinyl has any sound superiority over CD.

personally i think CD sounds better for psy (pure digital)

but records have major advantage over CD for DJs:

1) they wont skip like a CD

2) you can "see" the music on the record

3) records look cool, and are easier to search thru

4) most clubs have turntables but no CDJs

funny, most vinyl are pressed from CD masters.  especially psytrance!

245560[/snapback]

Yes. Or DAT masters, at least. But due to the medium, laws of physics make it so that the 44100 samples per second on a CD master are smoothened out. On a CD, the higher the frequency, the closer to a triangle wave it gets, since there wont be enough samples per oscillation to shape it correctly. A CD can't contain a 10000 Hz sine wave, for example - it becomes jagged and ugly. This is a main reason why vinyl is often percieved as having a smoother and warmer sound. Also, because of how vinyl is mastered, the dynamics often sound different. For me personally, I tend to enjoy the vinyl style of dynamics more than that of CDs, although there are exceptions ofcourse.