Top 10 2005 cd

Ale

except that it's released 2004. but yeah, it's a pretty sweet album from what I can remember. I have it on my putah.

384935[/snapback]

Uups... maybe you are right.. though Psyshop says january 2005. But it's still my favourite release in two years... hell.. maybe even more.. beast release after 2000. B)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has been too jacked by comments not concerning the point of it's topic -- because it was posted too early.

We need a fresh thread closer towards the end of the year. That's when the speculation is over because the albums have pretty much all came out. I usually make one of these Top 10 Best/Top Albums of "X" Year threads each year in the GENERAL FORUMS around November or December. It's NO race and I don't care if anyone beats me to it or not. This year I figured I'd wait for December. The point is to stay on point of the topic so the thread isn't misguided or misdirected. :)

Right now it's STILL too early. I JUST got Khtezel and need time to listen to that several times...

An unquestionable favorite in the downtempo genre of 2005 is:

Subculture - Phutureprimitive.

My favorite comp of 2005 is: Apsara.

So far 2005 has NOT been a good year in my opinion, especially when compared to last year.

383664[/snapback]

YES this is a shitty year!

I add to my favourite

Droidlock Elefantronika

Tellus2 : Dikotom

Total Eclipse : Delta Aquarids (Inpsyde)

VA : Apsara

Syra, it's cool to see you like Porcupine Tree. I think Deadwing is far from their best though. have you heard 'Voyage 34'? excellent trip music!

384698[/snapback]

Remind me to post reviews of Voyage 34, Deadwing and Signify sometime...

• 2 weeks later...

looking back right now at the stuff that has come out in the past years, 2005 seems to me to be one of the weakest years in a while (yes, there were masterpieces, but there were more in other years), 2003 and 2004 were for me the best years, esp. 2003.

however, it might be that it usually takes time for an album to become a masterpiece in my eyes, possibly i was saying the same thing about 2003 and 2004 during those years.

i think para halu - world of peace is something that sticks out, if only because it's more than just a random collection of tracks

there are plenty of others but there have been so many releases you tend to forget even what you bought the past week (and i still need to check derango, ghreg on earth and wizack twizack)

wizack twizack is cool but i wouln't call a masterpiece though... it goes well with REV... pumping a bit uplifting, you know that kind of sound. bit a bit overloaded with full on bass line and a bit the-samey kind of a thing

looking back right now at the stuff that has come out in the past years, 2005 seems to me to be one of the weakest years in a while (yes, there were masterpieces, but there were more in other years), 2003 and 2004 were for me the best years, esp. 2003.

390496[/snapback]

Yeah, 2005 has been the weakest year for psy-trance; I honestly can't think of a worse year.

The best years were 1995 - 1998. Back then very few artists were imitating eachother, everyone was doing their own thing and doing it with verve, passion and innovation. Alas, those days are over, never to be repeated.

PORCUPINE TREE - VOYAGE 34 - The Complete Trip

Sixty-Three Minutes and Twenty-Six Seconds..one of the most psychedelic albums in the history of musik EVER!

Is this trip neccesary?  ;)

385567[/snapback]

I used to like them more some years ago, don't know

Acid Mother Temple for me on any given day :rolleyes:

so far

1: khetzal

2 va Apsara

3,4 ,5 ,6

The_Muses_Rapt_-_You-

troglodytes (UNRL)

Beat_Bizarre_-_Somersault_Industries-

Tegma - 002 Avant Garde

Ticon_-_Zero_Six_After

Artifakt_-_Artifakts_2-(avent listen to this one ) but im sure it will ad to this list :)

my fav purchases this year have been in no particular order;

- sensient : pressure optimal

- hokus peakus comp

- black lung : the coming dark age (not psytrance, still psy) - masterpiece

- nam shub of enki meets kiki ill - in the valley of mood,,? cant remember now.

- penta - funraiser

FOR 2006 my choice already is hefty output - whatever they call it

1. Ketzhal

2. Lamat

3. Politic of dancing (PVD) > not psy but good trance :)

4. Funky Dragon

5. Sensum

6. Mr Peculiar

7. Cell

8. Aes Dana

That's all  :D

393172[/snapback]

I'm glad you mentioned lamat and khetzal in the same list :)

a psynews user how can enjoy good old skool but also good fullon....

great... just like me ;)

yip. ive been raving about this album. pun not intended. I LOVE it. probably the best ambient ive heard. Warm and full sounding. Track 2 is the best. Its almost a bit "too" chilled though. makes me sleepy :)

393986[/snapback]

Thnx, checked this out... really nice one :)

Khetzal - Corolle

Antix - Twin Coast Discovery

Rinkadink - Pirate Signal

Jaïa - Fiction

Va - Apsara

Ticon - Zero Six After

X-Noize - Mental Notes

Artifakt- Artifakts 2 (don't have full album yet, but it rocks enough already)

n probably Penta - Funraiser too, but i need to give it a listen

i think that's it