Beija Flor

Cinos

I've heard both yes and no. The yes would mean it's cut up in several other sections with unique names. That sounds logical to me, seeing as Beija already is a bit varying...

Can anybody confirm/deny? I'm hell-bent on owning every Shpongle track ever made (and released), so will I have to buy this on some comp instead?

Hard to say. Since it's not in the official tracklist on twisted.co.uk, i doubt it. I'm sure it'll appear on some future compilation, but the album has yet to be released, so maybe they'll make a last minute change and squeeze it in. But again, I doubt it (and fear it)

Beija flor is great, but it would be sad to have it on the new album, since the whole fan community must have listened to it by now. I would prefer the album to be new tracks ONLY.

So far, the only record I know that features Beija flor is the 12" Dorset perception single.

Hard to say. Since it's not in the official tracklist on twisted.co.uk, i doubt it. I'm sure it'll appear on some future compilation, but the album has yet to be released, so maybe they'll make a last minute change and squeeze it in. But again, I doubt it (and fear it)

Beija flor is great, but it would be sad to have it on the new album, since the whole fan community must have listened to it by now. I would prefer the album to be new tracks ONLY.

So far, the only record I know that features Beija flor is the 12" Dorset perception single.

216183[/snapback]

Balance 006 also has it.

Good God that must be the WORST Shpongle track ever... it was made for one purpose only: follow up on the commercial success of Dorset Perception... except Dorset Perception was a commercial success "by chance" (Simon and Raja just did their thing in the studio and commercial trance DJs stumbled on it, liked it and played it to the masses) whereas Beija was specifically composed to be enjoyed by the masses... it represents everything that's WRONG with Shpongle... I sure hope that it won't be on their next album.

Good God that must be the WORST Shpongle track ever... it was made for one purpose only: follow up on the commercial success of Dorset Perception... except Dorset Perception was a commercial success "by chance" (Simon and Raja just did their thing in the studio and commercial trance DJs stumbled on it, liked it and played it to the masses) whereas Beija was specifically composed to be enjoyed by the masses... it represents everything that's WRONG with Shpongle... I sure hope that it won't be on their next album.

216187[/snapback]

And you know how?

again some cheesy brazillian samples in this track...

I really like how the ´bass´ starts at 3:20 though.. its quite.. jiggly, if you know what I mean.. and the little acoustic guitar a bit after is pretty nice too..

then it goes downhill, sounds very similar to their second cd, and that brazillian carnival sample sucks

I also hope they won't include that silly track on serious album if they are planning to release. I mean, the beginning is very good until the fourth minute where everything goes downhill. Raja Ram really knows how to destroy the atmosphere these days...I truly hope that the album will be in Are You Shpongled trippy structure...

Just give me something that sounds even a bit like "are you shpongled" and i´ll be a very happy man...beija flor or not!  :P

216417[/snapback]

Im with you..

but if its something like ´tales of the inexpressive´ or whatever, I dont want it

I prefer T.O.T.I. over A.Y.S. ....great mixing of world music and ambient bliss... :)

Still, Shpongle has never been very high in my lists so it won't be end of the world for me if Shpongle 3 sucks. But I doubt it does. :)

Personally, I can't get enough of Shpongle. I enjoy both Are you Shpongled and Tales of the Inexpressible. Ï get geschtonkenflapped and Shpongled listening to either one of them. To me, it gets better each time you hear it. Though I am sad, that I learned about Shpongle so late. My timing was a wee bit off. :(

Purchased Tales in '02 and got hooked on it and A.Y.S about 1 year later. That's the tricky part with Shpongle: I disliked it at first but after listening to it for awhile, I had an epiphany: This was the most beautiful music I've EVER listened to. Of course, at the time I was fed up with cheesy pop and crappy happy trance, so for me this was a welcome addition to my musical world. I love the samples and the weird sounds, the mood they produce and the images they create in my mind. :)

216187[/snapback]

Seconding: And you know how?!

You don't have to like something but please leave your baseless assumptions at the door gerbil king...