Filteria - Sky Input album released

mars

To Jon Cocco : I started writing a long answer to your questions but my browser crashed and i am not likely to restart today. So please wait one more day, you'll have your answers :)

mars.

wow, i was just checking out the samples, this is great!

ive been waiting for an artist/label to start something like this.

Im going to start trying to write goa again ASAP.

208833[/snapback]

So the reason you're trying to write goa is that now it's popular again and there is a label that could release it? If you really wanted to make it, wouldn't you have been making it all along, popular or not? This "me too" attitude seems to be quite common in psy and is the main reason a lot of it sucks.

Jannis, I've finished listening to your debut album for now and I've posted an extended, detailed review in the Reviews Section. You may have read through it already, as its been posted since Monday, however I've been updating, revising, trimming, and altering it ever since, and I believe that I may have finished it tonight. I usually don't ever write music reviews this long but communicating with you inspired me to write more because I'm under the impression that you'd read it. I felt more sense of purpose writing it, if that makes sense.

I enjoyed listening to your album very much. If I could through out some suggestions or wishes, they'd be that I would be interested if you felt like creating some darker stuff, while also maintaining lots of layers, and I'm just entertaining the idea of creating more atmospheric parts in certain songs, creating more visual moments to compliment the already visual induced and crazy, intricate, fun, climactic psytrance/goa you do. There are several other general things/thoughts I'd like to ask and express, but right now I'm exausted. I've made sure to add enough words in my review, which doesn't include me going over each and every track individually, as I would need to hear the album again for the already strong impression to better develop individually according to each colorful and distinct track. Anyway, thats all for now! All current else is in my review!

Peace and good health!

-Jc

slyman604 Posted Dec 30 2004, 07:32 PM

wow, i was just checking out the samples, this is great!

ive been waiting for an artist/label to start something like this.

Im going to start trying to write goa again ASAP

209665[/snapback]

yes make goa to be popular........................... <_<<_<

goa isnt about popularity , its about finding yourself , giving the people a message , telling history´s and loving what you do. ;)

yes make goa to be popular...........................  <_<  <_<

goa isnt about popularity , its about finding yourself , giving the people a message , telling history´s and loving what you do. ;)

209833[/snapback]

So did you actually have a point or did you just decide to declare your views and quote me just for the heck of it? What this has to do with my post is anyone's guess.

Edit: Ok, I'm not sure if you edited that, but I see now you're quoting slyman (but still have my name on the quote). I guess your reply makes more sense now.

So did you actually have a point or did you just decide to declare your views and quote me just for the heck of it? What this has to do with my post is anyone's guess.

Edit: Ok, I'm not sure if you edited that, but I see now you're quoting slyman (but still have my name on the quote). I guess your reply makes more sense now.

209863[/snapback]

yes my reply was for Slyman hehe :)

Now i know what everyone was raving aboot!

what a fantastic record indeed - praise and respect to all involved in producing SkyInput!

Ive not been listening to psy-trance for long now - i missed the goa period, thanks to rock'N'roll & bad rock'N'roll at that! :angry:

I did my best to catch up but unfortunately it never hooked me - the sounds seemed too dated... i suppose you had to be there and experience the beauty, sounds & smells first hand.. :blink:

So i listened to current psy-trance/ambience and loved it!

Now Filteria has come out with what reminds me of goa style riffs and sweeps for the new age!

I feel like a hippy whos found his cultural identity!

Thanks Filteria and thank you psy-trance! :D

P.S. - AmithabaBuddha is that any semblance to your real name?

I only ask because youre a spitting image for a younger Amitabh Bhachan (a famous bollywood actor!!)

Im serious!

Jannis, I've finished listening to your debut album for now and I've posted an extended, detailed review in the Reviews Section. You may have read through it already, as its been posted since Monday, however I've been updating, revising, trimming, and altering it ever since, and I believe that I may have finished it tonight. I usually don't ever write music reviews this long but communicating with you inspired me to write more because I'm under the impression that you'd read it. I felt more sense of purpose writing it, if that makes sense.

I enjoyed listening to your album very much. If I could through out some suggestions or wishes, they'd be that I would be interested if you felt like creating some darker stuff, while also maintaining lots of layers, and I'm just entertaining the idea of creating more atmospheric parts in certain songs, creating more visual moments to compliment the already visual induced and crazy, intricate, fun, climactic psytrance/goa you do. There are several other general things/thoughts I'd like to ask and express, but right now I'm exausted. I've made sure to add enough words in my review, which doesn't include me going over each and every track individually, as I would need to hear the album again for the already strong impression to better develop individually according to each colorful and distinct track. Anyway, thats all for now! All current else is in my review!

Peace and good health!

-Jc

209679[/snapback]

Hey man.thanx for the nice rewiev.. i enjoyd reading it.. About making a dark tune, i really don't know.. For me, music comes inside, if i don't feel "dark-mooded" i can't make something like that... However, i've started with some ambient (i think it will be under another project name).. About atmospheres, i will put more of them in the new tracks..

Filteria music will be under this "climax-melodic-mad" genre..

Oh, and i started slowly recording som new tracks :)

Take care all

Yeah, the album is just great. Thnx, Jannis!

I think it's not the right time to tell you what to do or what you've done wrong. I've seen some posts with people saying something like "this is wrong, it should be more like this".

People, at the moment we haven't got anything like Filteria, the next look-a-like release in 2004 - VA - Pure Planet and Ypsilon 5 - Binary Sky... that's it (If I missed anything - post here, I'd be very happy to listen to something I haven't got or don't even know about) So it's not nice to say such critically negative words.

I was wondering... for about 2 months now, are there any compilations coming out with your tracks?

The Tranceform Rec. compilation Fluorotronik had to be released october/november.... (still waiting) and it's a pitty, because I HUGELY enjoy all their 3 releases, and the fourth should be so goood, especially with your 2 tracks!

Yeah, the album is just great. Thnx, Jannis!

I think it's not the right time to tell you what to do or what you've done wrong. I've seen some posts with people saying something like "this is wrong, it should be more like this".

People, at the moment we haven't got anything like Filteria, the next look-a-like release in 2004 - VA - Pure Planet and Ypsilon 5 - Binary Sky... that's it (If I missed anything - post here, I'd be very happy to listen to something I haven't got or don't even know about) So it's not nice to say such critically negative words.

I was wondering... for about 2 months now, are there any compilations coming out with your tracks?

The Tranceform Rec. compilation Fluorotronik had to be released october/november.... (still waiting) and it's a pitty, because I HUGELY enjoy all their 3 releases, and the fourth should be so goood, especially with your 2 tracks!

211630[/snapback]

Hello amphiton..

First of all: Thanx for support :)

The tranceform compilation is delayed.. don't know when it will be out.. And i might have a track on another compilation released in march.. Juan Verdera (muses rapt) is compiling it.. Also a finish organisation (which i played for recently) called WIDER VISIONS is releasing a compilation.. My track Aqua society (sick track) is probably gonna be on there =)

So there is a few things going on..

this is simply AMAZING stuff! you are giving hope to the tired ones in the scene. any chance you will be playing in stockholm this spring or summer?

211795[/snapback]

Thanx man..

There is always some party in stockholm you get invited to play.. So i guess there should be..

Keep eyes and ears open in the summer B)

Hi there, this is my first post here so a BIG ARIGATO to all psychedelic

entities everywhere... :D

And!

Filteria - Sky Input...

whoooa

It's on the 1st place

on my prv list of best CD's from 2004....

[2nd 'Binary Sky', 3rd V.A. 'Pure Planet']

Keep up the good work - it's just great! Pure Goa Essence. :)

The album just arrived in my mail today... thanks - and hey, a shout-out in the liner notes! I'm honoured! :D excellent stuff, this is the REAL GOA that I've been waiting for, having had to deal with mere substitutes in the last four years... great job Filteria & Suntrip Records crew!

Also bought a few for some friends and I'm sure they'll be just as happy :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This album is maybe one of the biggest Goa gems of the last few years! Reminds me indeed much of Pleiadians, waiting for one to follow in their footsteps for a very long time :) ... super great job, Filteria! :D ... the only thing criticable is the bad cover ;)

This album is maybe one of the biggest Goa gems of the last few years! Reminds me indeed much of Pleiadians, waiting for one to follow in their footsteps for a very long time :) ... super great job, Filteria!  :D ... the only thing criticable is the bad cover ;)

220644[/snapback]

Whats bad about it? That it's off-center? (printing plants fault...) or the design? (which I did.)

Whats bad about it? That it's off-center? (printing plants fault...) or the design? (which I did.)

220674[/snapback]

I meant the design.. Of course I can't just say "it's bad", but I think I just don't like it.. looks a bit muddy and somehow "rusty", but with a kinda strange color composition. Of course that's just my impression, not speaking about quality here ;) ... might just be cuz I'm into other colors... What I wanted to say: That this one wouldn't attract my attention if I saw this in a shop ;)

I meant the design.. Of course I can't just say "it's bad", but I think I just don't like it.. looks a bit muddy and somehow "rusty", but with a kinda strange color composition. Of course that's just my impression, not speaking about quality here ;) ... might just be cuz I'm into other colors... What I wanted to say: That this one wouldn't attract my attention if I saw this in a shop ;)

220723[/snapback]

Fair enough, I didn't want to attack you for offering criticism, I just wanted to know *what* you were criticizing.

The design was made from photos of flowers and nature. It was a conscious choice since he uses real analogue synthesizers, and using software-generated graphics would be more fitting with software-created music. So I went for an organic look, with lots and lots of layers just like the music. We both agreed on the colour, too - I made several different versions and this is the one me and Filteria both liked best.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but to me it turned out quite OK (apart from the off-center printing, but thats another story).

i´ve heard the entire album and this one in my overall opinion it´s a blasting one , full with lots of melodys like the old goa sound , but in a more modern way.

good luck with the label!!!!

peace