This album is Available Wholesale through

ARABESQUE DISTRIBUTION

NETWORK HOUSE

29-39 STIRLING RD

ACTON

LONDON

W38DJ

201687[/snapback]

Am I the only one who finds that it is a bit unmelodic? Most melodies clash or at least don't progress in a good or normal way and the way he made use of those melodies is really full-on. They aren't evolving floating melodies. I think it's a blasphemy to even compare it to Pleiadians. It's a good try and capturing old goa-spirit without actually having the musical input to really bring me back to the goa mood again.

Just my two cents :unsure:

Am I the only one who finds that it is a bit unmelodic? Most melodies clash or at least don't progress in a good or normal way and the way he made use of those melodies is really full-on. They aren't evolving floating melodies. I think it's a blasphemy to even compare it to Pleiadians. It's a good try and capturing old goa-spirit without actually having the musical input to really bring me back to the goa mood again.

Just my two cents  :unsure:

202472[/snapback]

dont worry my friend more releases will come soon , and im soon someone will please you , about Filteria , not everyone can enjoy it and thats normal each one haves his own ideas and tastes :)

but at least this is a different style and its not the usual psytrance has been released on the last years.

202472[/snapback]

Unmelodic? what the...?

Before I go on, I should probably say that I'm friends with Jannis (the guy behind Filteria) and I did the sleeve design, so I'm not entirely unbiased. However, I'm not the marketing department of Suntrip Records either. These are my honest opinions.

Calling this unmelodic is like nominating George W Bush for the Nobel Peace Prize.

But you do make hints at some valid point perhaps. The thing about this CD, the whole concept in fact, is to be one huge explosion of howling, analog synth melodic trancedance inferno. These melodies aren't trying to be "floating" in some morning-trance sense - judging this record from that perspective is like going to a Woody Allen movie and then complain about the complete lack of actions scenes and explosions. If you don't like it then thats fine and dandy (as is said above, this happens to every record released), but please judge it from what it's trying to be.

And blasphemy? I think not. Thats a very strong word. This comes closer to the essence of the most intense Pleiadians tracks than anyone else that I've heard. That doesn't mean he copied them or even made something equally good, but this isn't that far away. Take another listen. I think Etnica / Pleiadians had a little better arrangements sometimes, and, as you hinted towards, made the most of each melody in a way that Filteria doesn't, but I absolutely LOVE "Galactic Rays" on the Filteria CD for example. It wouldn't have been out of place on I.F.O, in my opinion. The thing is, he has such a great sense of melody that he doesn't have to hold back and squeeze the most out of each one - he just throws you into the next one.

And yeah, this is very goa-esque, yet not "proper" old goa in every sense. But then again, we're in 2004 and not 1994. There were a bazillion releases back in 94-97 so there's really not much point in making more of the exact same. However, and this is something quite unique; to me, Filteria is the first to successfully lift the good things from goa trance and take it to the 21st century. Others have tried, but none have been very successful. This is not out of place in a goa DJ set, and would do very well as a was to top off a melodic "modern" set as well.

One thing happens with almost anyone that tries to make "oldschool" psytrance these days; they place all the focus on the amount and style of melodies, and miss vital elements like song progression, buildup and mood. The Filteria CD isn't perfect in this respect; he too could perhaps benefit from being a bit more patient with the buildups, focus more on the journey-like aspects of the tracks and work harder to fine-tune the mood. But this is supposed to be a hyperblast of a record, and it is. Mood doesn't go very well with this type of maximalistic music. You don't start a DJ set with this stuff, you finish with it (and trust me, this CD will be a common ingredience in my sets from now on). Some of the tracks here are AMAZING.

Also, something worth pointing out - this is made with REAL SYNTHESIZERS. No plastic-sounding software mumbo jumbo. You can really tell from listening - the overtones, the filter sweeps, the mutating sounds - here it is, at last! I've been longing for this for so long now, I was almost thinking it was dead forever.

If you want I.F.O, listen to I.F.O. If you want music that takes those ideas even further and pushes into even more layers, melodies and howling, shimmering, ripping psychedelic mayhem, then listen to Sky Input. It's not perfect, but it has some of the best melodic psytrance tracks released in the past 5 years in my opinion.

Just my two cents 

and just how did you listen to that album on the 16th when it's released on the 22nd??? Did you actually listen to the whole album or are just making judgements based on 3-minute samples?

I just listened to the samples, well, the ones on psyshop!

The album and samples are now available on PSYSHOP.COM!

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sut/sut1cd001.html

All I have to say is, WOW! Based on the samples, this is some great, rare stuff we've seldom seen recently or maybe even in years! I hope the hype is real. Has anyone heard the whole album yet? How is it?

I hope this album is the most surprising album of 2004. After streaming the samples, I ordered the album today. It should take a week. By then we should have some REVIEWS up in the review section on this site if we don't already.

Just from judging the sample of track 1, which sounds very promising, this album may turn out to be one of the most special psytrance albums in years! I really hope it does have its own style and I'm very much looking forward to listening to this in its entirety. Its one thing to be inspired by Pleiadians (which are, err... were awesome) Its anothe thing to copy their style, so I hope unlike Misted Muppets (in some parts, which heavily reminded me of Infected Mushroom) the thought of Pleiadians don't continuously popping in my head. Of course, both artists seem to love lots of layes, and believe me, I am all about layers, meloides, and insane innovation too in music, I only hope I can distinguish this "new" style and I hope its not a spin-off of someone else's, but of course if its inspired its inspired, thats cool.

My impressions based on the samples thus far are: Very intricate and melodic... ambitious, twisting. This must have taken a long time to complete. Its comforting to know that the artist really cares about making something rare and great; something that seems to have died out in the mid 90's, when goa peeked as far as layers go.

Remember, its gotta be catchy, not just have tons of layers of melodies and cool sounds. Direction, rhythm, and flow plays an essential role here, and I hope all of these elements have come together to form a most precious masterpiece that is totally catchy and congruent, while also sounding very intricate, deep, and full-of-layers.

Its nice to see an artist finally make something not commercial and yet sound so super-cool. This sounds like a relief after all these years of so many dumbed down minimal and club trance albums.

Does anyone know how long its taken to finish this album? I'd be curious if anyone knows how many err... years this thing took.

later! :rolleyes:

After listening an mp3 version of the album one thing bothers me though. Is it just me or have the melodies lost some of their screaming edge in the mastering process? They sound somehow softer and more "messy" than in the samples that were available on the filteria site?

On the plus side there seems to be more kick in the bass drums and the overall soundquality seems better, still it kinda bugs me that the melodies don't sound quite as exploding as in the original samples. Or maybe there's just something wrong in the rip I got.

how can people make judgements based on 3-minutes samples???

203107[/snapback]

Well, by keeping in mind that it's a 3 minute sample, I suppose. :) The thing is that this is so different than anything else out there that you could judge that from a 10 seconds sample. Of course such judgement is not the same thing as reviewing an album, more like first impression etc.

Hello!

After months of hard work we are finally proud to present the first release of Suntrip Records :) The album of Filteria is

available now on most online shops :)

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sut/sut1cd001.html

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=4400

http://www.trance-shop.com/de/catalog/prod...roducts_id=4196

http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk/cgi-bin/pr...?LR=SUNTRIPCD01

Enjoy the melodic goa trance of the 21th century :) This is your chance to recover the original spirit of psychedelia.

Filteria has the melodic blasting sound we've been waiting for years. Sky Input will drive you to the most enlightening

journey into the sun. Prepare for the oxygen warp, prepare for true madness, prepare for pure bliss...

For information, reviews, promo's or dj/live-act bookings

www.suntriprecords.com

www.filteria.com

Anoebis & Mars

Unmelodic? what the...?

Before I go on, I should probably say that I'm friends with Jannis (the guy behind Filteria) and I did the sleeve design, so I'm not entirely unbiased. However, I'm not the marketing department of Suntrip Records either. These are my honest opinions.

Calling this unmelodic is like nominating George W Bush for the Nobel Peace Prize.

But you do make hints at some valid point perhaps. The thing about this CD, the whole concept in fact, is to be one huge explosion of howling, analog synth melodic trancedance inferno. These melodies aren't trying to be "floating" in some morning-trance sense - judging this record from that perspective is like going to a Woody Allen movie and then complain about the complete lack of actions scenes and explosions. If you don't like it then thats fine and dandy (as is said above, this happens to every record released), but please judge it from what it's trying to be.

And blasphemy? I think not. Thats a very strong word. This comes closer to the essence of the most intense Pleiadians tracks than anyone else that I've heard. That doesn't mean he copied them or even made something equally good, but this isn't that far away. Take another listen. I think Etnica / Pleiadians had a little better arrangements sometimes, and, as you hinted towards, made the most of each melody in a way that Filteria doesn't, but I absolutely LOVE "Galactic Rays" on the Filteria CD for example. It wouldn't have been out of place on I.F.O, in my opinion. The thing is, he has such a great sense of melody that he doesn't have to hold back and squeeze the most out of each one - he just throws you into the next one.

And yeah, this is very goa-esque, yet not "proper" old goa in every sense. But then again, we're in 2004 and not 1994. There were a bazillion releases back in 94-97 so there's really not much point in making more of the exact same. However, and this is something quite unique; to me, Filteria is the first to successfully lift the good things from goa trance and take it to the 21st century. Others have tried, but none have been very successful. This is not out of place in a goa DJ set, and would do very well as a was to top off a melodic "modern" set as well.

One thing happens with almost anyone that tries to make "oldschool" psytrance these days; they place all the focus on the amount and style of melodies, and miss vital elements like song progression, buildup and mood. The Filteria CD isn't perfect in this respect; he too could perhaps benefit from being a bit more patient with the buildups, focus more on the journey-like aspects of the tracks and work harder to fine-tune the mood. But this is supposed to be a hyperblast of a record, and it is. Mood doesn't go very well with this type of maximalistic music. You don't start a DJ set with this stuff, you finish with it (and trust me, this CD will be a common ingredience in my sets from now on). Some of the tracks here are AMAZING.

Also, something worth pointing out - this is made with REAL SYNTHESIZERS. No plastic-sounding software mumbo jumbo. You can really tell from listening - the overtones, the filter sweeps, the mutating sounds - here it is, at last! I've been longing for this for so long now, I was almost thinking it was dead forever.

If you want I.F.O, listen to I.F.O. If you want music that takes those ideas even further and pushes into even more layers, melodies and howling, shimmering, ripping psychedelic mayhem, then listen to Sky Input. It's not perfect, but it has some of the best melodic psytrance tracks released in the past 5 years in my opinion.

202578[/snapback]

First of all, I have a big respect for people trying to pull off brilliant melodies. I fear though that a lot of people will feel let down by those melodies. Melodies build on riffs and harmonies and to me (and some other people as well) the harmonies and progression on this one aren't exactly brilliant as those of Pleiadians were. It's definitely not bad though, it's just a good melodic try but it does not hold the melodic content pleiadians had.

I am a BIG fan of oldschool goa and I am by no means putting these melodies against melodies of morning trance producers. That is a completely different ballgame! I'm comparing it with top-notch stuff like the Pleiadians and melody and harmonywise it ain't cutting it. But it's not a bad thing as it goes some way in achieving what the pleiadians do. Such melodic talent is a very rare breed, so don't push my criticism too far. I do feel some melodic progressions on the Sky Input-snippets sound very off, but most of em sound just good.

I do think I have to say Filteria might have given the songs more of a story instead of trying to put as much in it as he could. Drawing up a storyboard before he commences a track might not be the wrong idea. Maybe it is not so much about the quantity as it is about quality which I feels it sometimes lacks. The quantity of layers is excellent but through putting so much in it, it might lack on focus.

Just my two cents.

P.S. Please don't get me wrong, it is not a bad album and for a debut its pretty good. It's just not so good people here should herald it as the next big thing, but Filteria sure has potential...

It's just not so good people here should herald it as the next big thing, but Filteria sure has potential...

203298[/snapback]

Well, after listening to this for a couple of days now, I would have to disagree and say that it is that good. Definately better than anything else I have heard in many, many years (besides Juno Reactor - Labyrinth).

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but if others want to herald this as the next big thing, that is their right also. ;)

popped this one into my cd walkman and went for a walk. And what can I say this stuff is very good. Many times during the walk I just felt like I wanted to spread out my arms and jump around but I didn't want to scare anyone so I didn't do that :D

First of all, I have a big respect for people trying to pull off brilliant melodies. I fear though that a lot of people will feel let down by those melodies. Melodies build on riffs and harmonies and to me (and some other people as well) the harmonies and progression on this one aren't exactly brilliant as those of Pleiadians were. It's definitely not bad though, it's just a good melodic try but it does not hold the melodic content pleiadians had.

I am a BIG fan of oldschool goa and I am by no means putting these melodies against melodies of morning trance producers. That is a completely different ballgame! I'm comparing it with top-notch stuff like the Pleiadians and melody and harmonywise it ain't cutting it. But it's not a bad thing as it goes some way in achieving what the pleiadians do. Such melodic talent is a very rare breed, so don't push my criticism too far. I do feel some melodic progressions on the Sky Input-snippets sound very off, but most of em sound just good.

I do think I have to say Filteria might have given the songs more of a story instead of trying to put as much in it as he could. Drawing up a  storyboard before he commences a track might not be the wrong idea. Maybe it is not so much about the quantity as it is about quality which I feels it sometimes lacks. The quantity of layers is excellent but through putting so much in it, it might lack on focus.

Just my two cents.

P.S. Please don't get me wrong, it is not a bad album and for a debut its pretty good. It's just not so good people here should herald it as the next big thing, but Filteria sure has potential...

203298[/snapback]

hi my friend , 1st of all the old skool generation has over . now we´re a new goa generation , forget all those old skool artists cause it will be very hard so they come back to produce goa , they´re old , tired and the old skool artists that didnt quit are producing full on nowadays. 2nd Filteria is not Pleiadians , he´s Filteria! He´s just influenced by their sound. ;)

Filteria , Ethereal , Ypsilon 5 are the 1st of the new skoolers to be released... ... a new season has started..

Take care.

respect to Jannis!!! I can't get over this album, a masterful work! Really, not only it reminds me the good old days of doof, etnica and cosmosis but REVIVES them! Now we now that Goa Trance is far from dead. Its alive...

Thank you Jannis!!! Keep it up!! (and please, PLEASE come to the Netherlands of a live gig!!)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after listening to this for a couple of days now, I would have to disagree and say that it is that good. Definately better than anything else I have heard in many, many years

but if it is definately better than anything else I have heard in many, many years as you say then it IS the next best thing, right?

anyway, I'd also like to ask people to see this album not only as another album down the way but as something that MIGHT spark an interest into oldschool all over again! Maybe, just maybe, if this one sells well more and more people will get interested in the stuff and more and more artists will make stuff similar to it. Imagine that...