Jump to content

abasio

Global Mod
  • Posts

    18651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    45

Everything posted by abasio

  1. Happy New Year everyone. Well 2009 is all but over. Seven and a half hours left to my year in Japan. My year will be 9 hours shorter than most people's aswell as 2009 started for me at 0:00 Jan 1st in England and will end 11:59 Dec 31st in Japan. What happened to two fifths of a day? Oh well, 2008 was 9 hours longer than most people's To celebrate 2009 I would like share with you the mix from my last gig of this year. Me and the other Sirocco boys played in The Pink Cow in Shibuya, Tokyo. It was a great night and I played a fully Ultimae set (hope that doesn't break any copyright laws ) Tracklist 1. Sync24 - White Pixels 2. Solar Fields - Sol 3. Carbon Based Lifeforms - Photosynthesis 4. James Murray - Where Edges Meet 5. H.U.V.A. Network - Something Heavens 6. Asura - Like A Summer Day 7. Aes Dana - Opalin 8. Sync24 - DOT 9. Asura - Back To Light 10. Malik Trey - Sleepy Shadows 11. Aes Dana - Leylines 12. Vibrasphere - San Pedro 13. Solar Fields - Air Song 14. Carbon Based Lifeforms - Mos6581 15. Aes Dana - Season 5 16. Cell - Hanging Masses 17. Solar Fields - Times Are Good (Sometimes Remix) 18. Amos - Fläktsystem 19. Subgardens - Listen to the Flowers Grow (Aes Dana Remix) 20. Subgardens - Asleep Clockmaker 21. Solar Fields - Monogram 22. Aural Planet - Sunfruits Avenue 23. Carbon Based Lifeforms - Metrosat 4 Download Link In the first few days I hope to put together a few diffferent mixes I'd like to share with everyone. First 5 short mixes showcasing my favourite tracks of the last 10 years. A prog mix, a psy mix, an ambient mix, a downbeat mix and an IDM mix. Each one will be my top 10 going from 10th favourite track to favourite track. It might be a challenge to mix as I am not taking into account anything apart from how much I like the track in my track selection Second will be a downbeat mix of my favourite 2009 tracks. I don't have enough to make an upbeat mix this year. Third I hope to put out another ambient mix, possibly in my poetry series. Hope you all have a great new year's eve! Joseph abasio
  2. Great! Will be purchasing that CD very soon me thinks
  3. abasio

    Avatar (2009)

    Am I the only one that thinks the CG just looks shit? I mean it doesn't for one minute look like I am watching live action here but something more along the line of CG animation (Toy Story etc) I can't see what is so groundbreaking here. It just looks like poor Disney graphics. Much less compelling than even the Final Fantasy CG.
  4. is abasio

    1. pixiejanet

      pixiejanet

      really? are you sure?

  5. Aye, that'd be great
  6. Maybe he hooked up with a demanding new girl who forces him to make utter shite that she will like or else she'll withhold the goods
  7. Cool! I'll be buying the CD in January
  8. Transformers The Movie OST :rolleyes:
  9. Transformers The Movie OST No not the shitty CG monstrosity but the original 1986 one with the cheesy power ballads
  10. Here are my top 10 albums of Psy-trance, Prog, Ambient, Downbeat and IDM. For me it has been a good decade but I think the chill side of it has been better than the trance side. I was really struggling to fill some of the trance spots (and IDM but that is because I don't know enough & I had too much downbeat ) but the chill side filled up by itself no problem & I had to ruthlessly cut albums I love form the lists. My Top 10 Psy of the 00's 1. Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home (PAR-2 Productions) 2006 2. Jikkenteki - Flights Of Infinity (PAR-2 Productions) 2008 3. Sienis - From A Nutter Perspective (Gi'iwa Productions) 2007 4. Principles Of Flight - Night Time Lullabies (BooM! Records) 2006 5. Scorb - Scorb (Ambivalent Records) 2003 6. Various - Musica Discordia (Gi'iwa Productions) 2006 7. Various - The Mystery Of The Thirteen Crystal Skulls (TIP.World) 2001 8. Various - The Secret Of The Thirteen Crystal Skulls (TIP.World) 2003 9. Principles Of Flight - Chaos Opera (Timecode Records) 2009 10. Infected Mushroom - Classical Mushroom (YoYo Records) 2000 My Top 10 Prog of the 00's 1. Solar Fields - EarthShine (Ultimae Records) 2007 2. Gus Till - Best Of The Rhino Years (Sonic Dragon Records) 2007 3. Bus - Morebusinesslinkyouthere (Sub) 2005 4. Various - Singularity 2-001 (Flying Rhino Records) 2001 5. Nuclear Ramjet - Mission To Sedna (Spaceport Records) 2006 6. Blue Planet Corporation - A Blueprint For Survival (DAT Records) 2009 7. Atmos - Headcleaner (Spiral Trax) 2000 8. Deviant Species - In The Hands Of The Randomiser (Ambivalent Records) 2004 9. Great Leap Forward - Cinkofa (Flying Rhino Records) 2001 10. Kino Oko - Alphabetically Divided Highway (Tribal Vision) 2008 My Top 10 Ambient of the 00's 1. Ishq - Orchid (Dakini Records) 2001 2. Solar Fields - Extended (Ultimae Records) 2005 3. Cymphonic - Strataradialis (Databloem) 2007 4. Various - Collection 1: Opening (Databloem) 2002 5. Various - Oxycanta (Ultimae Records) 2006 6. The Circular Ruins - Falling Into The Sky (Blue Oasis) 2007 7. Elemental Journey - Absolute Ambient.com Volume 2 (Absolute Ambient.com) 2004 8. Krill.Minima - Nautica (Native State Records) 2007 9. Nunc Stans - The Palm At The End Of The Mind (DataObscura 2008) 10. Various - Twelve (TIP.World) 2001 My Top 10 Downbeat of the 00's 1. Solar Fields - Leaving Home (Ultimae Records) 2005 2. Shulman - Endless Rhythms Of The Beatless Heart (Aleph Zero Records) 2007 3. Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home (PAR-2 Productions) 2006 4. Various - Butterfly Dawn (LSD - Liquid Sound Design) 2003 5. Gus Till - Dub Shadows (Cyan Music) 2004 6. Hallucinogen - In Dub (Twisted Records) 2002 7. Carbon Based Lifeforms - Hydroponic Garden (Ultimae Records) 2003 8. Abakus - That Much Closer To The Sun (LSD - Liquid Sound Design) 2004 9. Shpongle - Tales Of The Inexpressible (Twisted Records) 2001 10. Rena Jones - Driftwood (Native State Records) 2006 My Top 10 IDM of the 00's 1. Secede - Tryshasla (Sending Orbs) 2005 2. Ulrich Schnauss - Far Away Trains Passing By (City Center Offices) 2001 3. Yagya - Rigning (Sending Orbs) 2009 4. Kettel - My Dogan (Sending Orbs) 2006 5. Takagi Masakatsu - Private/ Public (P-Vine Records) 2007 6. Kettel - Myam James Part 1 (Sending Orbs) 2008 7. Plaid - Tekkonkinkreet (鉄コン筋クリート) O.S.T. (Aniplex Inc.) 2006 8. Yasume - Where We're From The Birds Sing A Pretty Song (City Centre Offices) 2003 9. Ulrich Schnauss - A Strangely Isolated Place (City Center Offices) 2003 10. Sandspider - Music For An Imaginary Film (Millenium Records) 2004 So how about everyone else. What did you think of the decade & do you ahve your own top 10s? 2000-2009 only please (the noughties)
  11. The Orb - The John Peel Sessions
  12. Well I got http://www.discogs.com/Orb-Peel-Sessions/release/44842 and http://www.discogs.com/Orb-The-Peel-Sessions/release/101161 in a used record shop in Shinjuku both pretty cool if you ask me. I could keep an extra eye out for you if you want?
  13. Wow! That was..... Shit! Definitely a far cry from the days he was being released on Dragonfly records (I still keep that record somewhere ) This sounds like it belongs on a dancefloor in 1985 gay clubland
  14. I got some new stuff for Christmas I got; V/A - Nightvision - 6th Flight this completes my Flight series Atmos - Overlap (I am so close to a complete FR colelction now) Biosphere - Microgravity Biosphere - Patashnik Infected Mushroom - Legend Of The Black Shawarma and today in Shinjuku I bought The Orb - The John Peel Sessions (2 different versions when I thought there was only one)
  15. abasio

    Poetry

    Thanks for downloading. I hope you liked it. I have some time of work soon so I am hoping to get some more mixes done including some more of this project.
  16. A merry bloomin' christmas to everyoe
  17. Nice one
  18. Nice! I have never been one for Autographs and the like but it's cool as a memory of the event
  19. Imaginary Friends (Ultimae Comp)
  20. Cool Dance for the Celestial Being was great! Looking forward to this. Good luck with it
  21. I feel I must slag off the utter shite I am reading now. I am reading the Foundation series by Asimov and I am not onto the ones written by other authors. The first one, by Gregory Benford is complete and utter garbage. I have never hated an author so much probably because if they are a crap author they are merely writing crap stories but this guy is ruining the Asimov "foundation" universe and he should be ashamed of himself Things that piss me off 1. Gregory Benford thinks it's cool for sci-fi to have cool futuristic words which are just bastardised modern words that don't sound futuristic at all. He uses Mathist instead of of Mathematician. He introduced a class of people called the Meritocracy which are like the aristocracy except they have gotten a higher status through merit :roll: 2. He ignores Asimov's portrayal of characters changing them into the opposite of what Asimov wrote. One character in Forward the Foundation was a complete work-a-holic with no life outside Psychohistory & not even thinking there could be anything else to life. In this he is whining about not going to a party and fauning over women. 3. He ignores facts stated by Asimov. Asimov said one character never went back to his home sector and almost straight away in this book he is going back there 4. Asimov wrote the foundation series as 20,000+ in the future but still always wrote things like the basics had never changed. We still drank alcohol, exercised by sports or running etc. Benford feelis the need to shout LOOK IT'S THE FUTURE FUTURE!!!!!! FUTURE!!!!!! We exercise in our sleep, we drink stims, we do all manner of crappy sci-fi cliches 5. He's dumb 6. He fills in blanks that were blank for a good reason, it is boring to go into too much detail. This is just not adding to the story in anyway. 7. He's like a dumbass PE teacher with a word-of-the-day calender, using overly complicated words not entirely in the right context and just sounds dumb because of it rather than more intellectual which he was probably going for. 8. His English is not so good. Apart from the above example he also sometimes fails with grammar. That was from about a third of the way through, now three quarters in I can say.... Oh my god, this book just gets worse and worse the more I read of it! I really feel like this Author had never read the original Asimov books in which he is supposed to be following. He completely and totally ruins everything! He changes character's personalities. Seldon has gone from being a Mathematician whose hobby was a martial art to James Bond in space! He spells Seldon's wife's name wrong throughout the book. Asimov had hyperspace ships that could jump through hyperspace from and to anywhere as long as they were far enough from a huge gravity well to avoid complications. Bentford (that's right I'm spelling it wrong on purpose) has decided that's not good, let's have wormholes, EVERYWHERE. The whole hyperspace thing totally out the window. Ohhhhh I am groaning but I am determined to finish this train wreck of a book. I feel like maybe (if he did read the original foundation series) that he has just changed everything to his liking (maybe he secretly hates the series). It's too inside on the world with 40bn people, lets move it to an ape farm. There is not enough references to christianity so I'll bring back some simulated characters from good old christian days. I hated how Asimov had no aliens in this series, I'll just create some. Asimov was such a pussy hating violence and wanting to write books intellectually. I'll have everyone blood thirsty in this book. Why didn't Asimov go into excessively boring detail about how cool the FUTURE is? I'll make up for his 7 books of story with just pages and pages of innane crap about technology of which (even though I am a physics professor or something) I seem to be very unknowledgable about. I don't mean to harp on but this guy needs shooting. Oh and looking at his wikipedia page, he looks like an arrogant twat that just needs punching! Urgh
  22. Well, it's winter at the moment so they'd be all covered up Probably. I found the aqaurium in winter TO my knowledge she wasn't wearing a contact as she had that fancy laser eye treatment, but it does look like she's wearing one. About the light, I just use something called lightroom. It's very basic software and you can alter only the light settings, change it to black and white etc
  23. abasio

    Poetry

    This is an ambient mix project I have recently started. It is about poetry. I have built up some ambient mixes purely on the basis of the poetry of the names. I try to write a poem (badly I know) and then make a mix arround it. Here are my results so far. Please click the pictures for the mixes. The first in my Poetry series A lasting impression The second in my Poetry series. It's always too late
  24. I think the artwork inside this one is my favourite ultimae artwork so far. The iceberg and the sky over the mountains pictures were great
  25. Space as in Sci-Fi or wide open spaces? For both I recommend Collection 1 : Opening
×
×
  • Create New...