Jump to content

abasio

Global Mod
  • Posts

    18649
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    45

Everything posted by abasio

  1. I like everything up to A Posteriori, but this 3rd album has always been my favourite.
  2. Another album that I had no idea I even had. Don't think I have even listened to it before, definitely have not watched the DVD that comes with it.
  3. Listening to CD4 A great set of remixes, recognizable as the originals with the same atmosphere but totally remade in the remixer's style
  4. Very nice. Thanks. Everything I have on your list is great so I'm sure I'll like the things I don't have as well.
  5. Something a bit more modern, but better production? It's clean, it's smooth, it's emotional, but that 90s shit was good too man.
  6. Really well made stuff for sure
  7. Water Drums is up next... Wow...loving these through these headphones. Lush, wet, ethereal, everything I bought these for
  8. I was told that the Hifiman HE1000SE would brutally expose poor sources, that any poorly mastered music would be found out instantly with these detail monsters. I was a little worried to listen to some of my older stuff but this sounds fantastic (I am listening to the CD not this YouTube video) really nicely made stuff from 1994
  9. https://databloem.bandcamp.com/album/dimensionata Totally forgot I had this album, I have listened to one of their other albums over and over for years, but this is just as good, no idea why I had forgotten all about it
  10. Looking forward to hearing it πŸ˜ƒ
  11. My favourite Enigma album, was maybe one of the first atmospheric "get lost in the music" albums I owned
  12. γ€€Just gave this another listen, and the rest of Slipstream
  13. Very curious to hear what the new Atmos album is like
  14. First track on Slipstream One of the most lasting tracks in my collection. Pops up everywhere and I love it πŸ’•
  15. https://boomdevil.com/ This says "New Album Coming Soon" does anyone know I this is recent or super old and never going to happen?
  16. My first experience of Boom Devli was the 2 tracks at the start of Cass' Re:evolution mix: Lonesome & Morph 001 They were great chilled tracks to start the mix and were top class. The next I heard was "Call Her Name" on the chilled side of LIFE Re:evolution II and it was perhaps the track that really got me into the chilled side of music. Flying Rhino Freestyle was not GOA, not Psy, not Psychill or downbeat GOA, it was trippy lounge music and had a lot in common with trip hop, dub, relaxed breaks and cool shit your non-psy friends might like. I was thrilled to get a full album from them and I was not disappointed. The style of each track might not be so cohesive, but everything works together and it flows well enough. Coll trippy beats, nice floating atmospheres, the female vocalist manages to sound both grounded and ethereal at the same time. If you would like a good CD to put on for an after party, or just one to enjoy with your non-psy friends, this is a great album to put on.
  17. I'm surprised that there are so few comments on this album. Definitely one of the best progressive psy albums I have heard. Smooth, driving, cool. I like it a lot.
  18. This was highlighted on the old site and I lusted after it for years. I finally found it, bought and listened with expectations way too high. I hated it. Gave it another chance years later and loved it, no idea what younger me was thinking 30 years on from its release and I am giving it another listen, seeing who I agree with at 45, 20 year old me, or 30 year old me. 30 year old me clearly had the better taste as this is fantastic.
  19. One month to go before this is 30 years old. Are there any rumours of a 30th anniversary remastered version or follow up?
  20. What do you usually listen to these days? I've been listening to a lot of regular trance, breakbeat kind of stuff from the early 90s, ambient and still a lot of psychill but more recently I have been getting back in to Goa. After years listening to audio files only, I bought a new CD player I can plug headphones into directly and am revisiting my collection. At 2 albums a night, I might get through my collection in the next 10 years
  21. Always a good ride My brother got me to listen to a load of his Cabin Fever mixes. I would have listened to more if there wasn't so much talking over the music.
  22. I didn't realize that Cosmoon was the same guy as Twisted Travellers He has a compilation of his singles here https://classicgoatrax.bandcamp.com/album/cosmoon-twisted-travellers-single-collection Really curious as Twisted Travellers - Strange Creatures is one of my favourites
×
×
  • Create New...