Upcomming, Preorder or Available Goa, Psytrance, Psybient Vinyl Releases

On 12/2/2023 at 10:28 AM, _rado said:

Infected Mushroom – Reborn

Double Gatefold Cover LP

Pre Order !!! Limited edition 1000 copies only.

All order will be shipped On February 9th (Oficial release date)

https://www.merchadvice.com/product/infected-mushroom-reborn-double-gatefold-cover-lp/

IM-ReBorn-2xLP.png

Nice, I took a listen to the re-imagined track Release Me from this upcoming LP. Sounds really good, very curious about what the other tracks will be. From the album artwork one has to assume a little bit from the Classical Mushroom album as well, which to me is a highlight of theirs. My guess is that perhaps the Drakul remix they played on some live set I saw on youtube, might be one of the tracks? Would really love if Mush Mushi is re-imagined, and The Shen or Disco Mushroom. The Missed Symphony would be nice too. :) (and yeah obviously Return of The Shadows too!!) 

I'm happy to hear with the reborn Release Me track that they seem to be back to their darker style of the past. Bring back the ghosts! A Classical Mushroom interpretation is like the mushie psytrance equivalent to GTA-IV. :D 

Anyone knows who the artist is who made the new album artwork? It looks dark and twisted as I like it.

On 9/1/2023 at 9:18 AM, draeke said:

While we are talking about psy vinyl, how about A Blueprint for Survival on 3LP ;)? More news soon!

I received my Vinyl today.

how am I supposed to place the 3xLP into the Gatefold cover intended for 2xLP?

the last vinyl simply doesn't fit anymore.

why no 3xLP gatefold cover for such a great release?

• Confused 1

Hi Psyhoe and Musikullus, the fact is, the triple gatefold was not a possible choice, and would have made the release even heavier, not to mention the original artwork was thought for this kind of gatefold, same as for the CD version. The label wanted to be faithful to the original concept and art behind it and therefore it was the sole option. 

I can suggest either leaving the 3rd record in the middle or fitting two in the second hole of the gatefold sleeve, I could. It takes some ability of course but it's possible without damaging the cover. I still suggest leaving it in the middle though as most likely you will keep the records in a protective sleeve, so it is just convenient as well.

Hope this helps!

5 hours ago, _rado said:

Juno Reactor - Bible Of Dreams

More information and where to buy it in the link

https://www.junoreactor.com/post/trance-pioneer-juno-reactor-to-release-5-x-cd-box-set-limited-double-vinyl-lp

402f8d_651f38e4b48a4e7c847dd698a11fa468~mv2.webp

I couldn't tell if the re-issue has the magnetic flap that keeps the gatefold closed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2023 at 11:44 AM, draeke said:

Hi Psyhoe and Musikullus, the fact is, the triple gatefold was not a possible choice, and would have made the release even heavier, not to mention the original artwork was thought for this kind of gatefold, same as for the CD version. The label wanted to be faithful to the original concept and art behind it and therefore it was the sole option. 

I can suggest either leaving the 3rd record in the middle or fitting two in the second hole of the gatefold sleeve, I could. It takes some ability of course but it's possible without damaging the cover. I still suggest leaving it in the middle though as most likely you will keep the records in a protective sleeve, so it is just convenient as well.

Hope this helps!

theres no chance to fit 2 vinyl in one sleeve without big risk of damage. i tried and already messed up the inner paper sleeve. luckily the vinyl didn't suffer so I stopped further trying with force.

to be honest I think it's also quiet a disappointing solution to leave the vinyl outside of the cover for an otherwise great and pretty expensive release. I would definitely prefer a proper 3xLP cover.

20 minutes ago, DoktorG said:

$69 each for these Kalya Scintilla albums. Prices are getting out of hand and this is harming the vinyl renaissance. 

"By the inexorability of the vampiric pyrrhosis, they always take more than they need" William Burroughs 

yes, shipping, taxes and custom fees on top. definitely overpriced. at some point people will simply stop buying. I'm definitely passing with such prices.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, DoktorG said:

$69 each for these Kalya Scintilla albums. Prices are getting out of hand and this is harming the vinyl renaissance. 

"By the inexorability of the vampiric pyrrhosis, they always take more than they need" William Burroughs 

The first pressing of Open Ancient Eyes was $22 in 2019 🤔

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2023 at 2:47 PM, Poster_Nutsack said:

The first pressing of Open Ancient Eyes was $22 in 2019 🤔

That was in 2016 and unfortunately, I can confirm that from then the prices of pressing a record have 3X. Having said that, 69$ seems a little too high for not even being a splatter. It may however be that pressing in Australia is even more expensive than in Europe.

@psyhoe I could manage to fit the 2 records in the same side, but ok, I get it, it's not easy. We had hoped the gatefold would be thicker on the spine, we will ask for a thicker gatefold next time as I am not very keen on doing the 3x gatefold for records, it's very heavy and costs MUCH more to produce. This would also mean heavier packages and higher final costs for the customers, and well it's best to avoid that.

About Bible Of Dreams reissue from JR. Very likely this will be regular sleeve as it is only 2 records. The original from Blue Room Released is 3xLP which has the magnetic clamp on gatefold. I'm going to keep my eyes open for the original release rather than the reissue as we don't even know if it will contain all the tracks or might be edited. I found Beyond The Infinite 4xLP not too long ago, amazing stuff these ones on Blue Room.

14 hours ago, draeke said:

That was in 2016 and unfortunately, I can confirm that from then the prices of pressing a record have 3X. Having said that, 69$ seems a little too high for not even being a splatter. It may however be that pressing in Australia is even more expensive than in Europe.

@psyhoe I could manage to fit the 2 records in the same side, but ok, I get it, it's not easy. We had hoped the gatefold would be thicker on the spine, we will ask for a thicker gatefold next time as I am not very keen on doing the 3x gatefold for records, it's very heavy and costs MUCH more to produce. This would also mean heavier packages and higher final costs for the customers, and well it's best to avoid that.

Thanks for your comments Draeke; it is good to get a production perspective. 

I personally find the trifold for 3 vinyls a real pain to use - you have to lay the whole cover out flat to get the middle record out and put it back - a palaver. It may be even more expensive, depending how it is made, but in my opinion and experience the box set is best for 3 vinyls or more. Very easy and convenient to use and looks great. If the box is too flimsy, then you are back to problems and a sturdy box may cost of course. 

Another option, utilised by quite a few record labels like Matsuri who squeezed the 4 vinyls of Prana's Geomantik in one, is the super depth single sleeve. This probably requires just the right stiffness of cardboard and the right dimensions to be useable, but it can work. If done properly, this is a better solution for 3 lps than the gatefold or trifold I think. Just my 2c from a user's perspective. 

PS - the mastering on this Blue Planet Corporation release is better to my ears than the mastering jobs on previous Dat Records vinyls. :+1::+1: 

Double Gatefold Cover LP

https://www.merchadvice.com/product/infected-mushroom-reborn-double-gatefold-cover-lp/

IM-ReBorn-2xLP.png

Anyone know if they sell vinyls on their tour? They're playing close to me at the end of January

Double Gatefold Cover LP

IM-ReBorn-2xLP.png

Dream Theater remake is the second track to be revealed, sounds really good. Takes me back in time for sure. I like that they even used the classical old snare drum they used in that era.

Was the original ever released officially on CD/Vinyl? I remember listening to it and other unreleased tracks like Gamma Goblins remix back in early 2000's or perhaps earlier.

And other tracks which were available as mp3 downloads on the Infected website. I don't remember when their website went online first time, time flies by.

On 12/23/2023 at 7:15 PM, DoktorG said:

Thanks for your comments Draeke; it is good to get a production perspective. 

I personally find the trifold for 3 vinyls a real pain to use - you have to lay the whole cover out flat to get the middle record out and put it back - a palaver. It may be even more expensive, depending how it is made, but in my opinion and experience the box set is best for 3 vinyls or more. Very easy and convenient to use and looks great. If the box is too flimsy, then you are back to problems and a sturdy box may cost of course. 

Another option, utilised by quite a few record labels like Matsuri who squeezed the 4 vinyls of Prana's Geomantik in one, is the super depth single sleeve. This probably requires just the right stiffness of cardboard and the right dimensions to be useable, but it can work. If done properly, this is a better solution for 3 lps than the gatefold or trifold I think. Just my 2c from a user's perspective. 

PS - the mastering on this Blue Planet Corporation release is better to my ears than the mastering jobs on previous Dat Records vinyls. :+1::+1: 

The mastering is amazing and worth it alone, I think there is room in market to get these packages right to house these records

For Juno Reactor - Bible of Dreams vinyl reissue must be mentioned that the Blue Room except the gatefold magnets has wonderful silver almost engraved like letters that you can touch them and relief layer, at the cover and back cover. Something that make the release together with magnetic close seems like medieval thing / book. The 3xLP at Blue Room Released was special at all ways. Hope the reissue be like that, but seems to be a generic LP 

Hello everyone, thanks for the positive feedback and we can tell you that indeed the BPC sounds really stellar and much clearer than the original records published in 1993. A dear friend of mine who owns the originals from back then did a side-to-side comparison and it is MUCH clearer, a lot of details are now crystal clear and we are beyond happy with this monumental release. 

I will take in consideration all the tips and suggestions even if the much thicker gatefold may be a good solution for 3 or 4LP releases. We are also considering doing a deluxe release made in the same vein of Hallucinogen and Shpongle releases, a book with records, that however will cost more, for sure. Would you be inclined to spend a bit more if we make a super special release like that? It's an option that I am caressing for a while.

• Like 2

Yup, I be in depending on the release as got to be particular these days and of course not cheap posting to Australia, but I did get all the shpongles and hallucinogen and very worth it, as was bpc, but yes fed it's worth it I reckon, as they had no probs moving those but even hallucinogen was pre ordered, seems to be way to go 

• Like 1