Sign in to follow this  
recursion loop

Does anybody else miss melodic full-on?

Bartzabel    31

Yeah I miss it. I also find this style reminds me more of the early twilight sound. A lot of people seem to indicate Nano does this style, but I find they are not very melodic & their releases star to sound very same same after awhile. 

Vertigo label from Russia really nailed  the crossover for me of fullon & forest sound but they have gonna real quite, no other label seems to fill the gap. 

recursion loop    507

Nano does very mainstream fullon but I don't think I ever heard any melodic track from them since Protoculture (I don't count  8 minute track with an acid line of 2-3 notes appearing for 30 seconds as "melodic")

I thought Vertigo was mostly releasing darkpsy but that Hedgehog track from their Omnipresence compilation was really good and indeed very melodic.

Twillight/SA fullon may be quite melodic too, at least what I think is twillight

Bartzabel    31

yeah I bought some of the releases just now after an old friend from the scene said I might from Sangoma Records and I am really enjoying the sounds, to me reminds a bit of my fav Timecode releases which I know they are related to.

Yeah I"m sure Nano would sound good in the right party environment on a big system but I"m a Dad now and rarely get out to gigs other than metal bands cause they don't play that late haha.

Ormion    426

South African/Twilight of 2003-2010 was the golden age of quality underground melodic full on. I really miss those days.

A couple of great tracks for you to enjoy.

Tatsu    34

That's actually a pretty cool track!

• Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 12:43 AM, recursion loop said:

Wanna something to be done, do it yourself :lol:

it sounds great :)