Finland

Anu Katariina

We have had China, USA, Brexit and now we are gonna have Finland.

I wouldn't want to have Finland. But what's been going on over here lately is very troubling.

Read this article: Could Finland become the next Ukraine?

By Reuters and Dave Burke For Mailonline

Published: 11:25 GMT, 19 October 2016 | Updated: 19:32 GMT, 20 October 2016

A quote: "Andrej Illarionov, Putin's chief economic adviser between 2000 and 2005, told Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet: 'Parts of Georgia, Ukraine, Belarus, the Baltic States and Finland are states where Putin claims to have ownership. He said the Putin regime sees Finland's independence as "treason against national interests".

Btw, I saw this article through Twitter as GoaTrance.NET retweeted it. Good job @GoaTranceNET! https://twitter.com/GoaTranceNET

FEAR MONGERING

putin is a pussy cat. I will tell him to his face the way it's going to be pretty soon. We've let him go long enough. Time to remind him he's just a little guy.

Just So you know anu.. I realize you're erratic in how many times you've "quit" the forums, but that article is from a fear mongering source. The good people here on psynews don't need to read that and get scared FOR NO REASON.

Putin has big plans but little firepower. When this election is over he's going to get embarassed.. badly

• Like 2

I realize you're erratic in how many times you've "quit" the forums

Thanks. I can be erratic considering psynews easily. Left fb, tho, it does for me for time saving atm. And I am not adding you once I re-activate my account next year. So be in peace from my erratic behaviour.

As for the article it isn't scary for me, it isn't feeding anything. I said it is troubling. Because I wouldn't wanna have this topic as I said. But we are dealing with a bare truth. These are things I am living with on a daily phasis in the current athmosphere in Finland. The article is very good in expressing the way I personally think so it could be from my own pen if I knew how to write such an article.

Thanks. I can be erratic considering psynews easily. Left fb, tho, it does for me for time saving atm. And I am not adding you once I re-activate my account next year. So be in peace from my erratic behaviour.

As for the article it isn't scary for me, it isn't feeding anything. I said it is troubling. Because I wouldn't wanna have this topic as I said. But we are dealing with a bare truth. These are things I am living with on a daily phasis in the current athmosphere in Finland. The article is very good in expressing the way I personally think so it could be from my own pen if I knew how to write such an article.

How many bombs have dropped near you? How often do you cry in terror that you will be safe?

You have it good. Never worse.

Putin is trying so hard to rally people up. He just wants his own version of Nato naval bases along the Baltic. He realized how smart the usa is with their Nato defense systems that double as offensive.

Phillipines just left to China. Good for them. That's what we should really be discussing.

We bombed russian soldiers by accident.. they died.. and putin had to take it. If he was so badass he would have done something. He's not.. he's trying to make to make himself badass, but he just can't

• Like 1

Perhaps you should think about who may benefit from making a scarecrow of Putin?

people are usually oblivious to their own shit. Its just natural or at least for some to try and wipe others ass when their own ass is covered in shit. 

And Anu :)  Good to see you. I was just listening to Mana Source and was wondering whether I should email you or not, didnt wanna disturb you while reading. 

Hi! You aren't disturbing if you write :) I just get a break from cramming law books ;)

How many bombs have dropped near you? How often do you cry in terror that you will be safe?

You have it good. Never worse.

I am grateful every day that there's been peace since WW II and I wish it to stay that way.

I wasn't expecting many responses on the topic, a few responses came; I realize the subject is of a sensitive matter. Generally, many my friends abroad have this false impression that Finland is some kind of a safe haven and there's nothing to be concerned about safety.

The bottom line isn't whether Putin is coming or not: he is already here. The new nuclear power plant building in Finland is underway and the vast majority of the power plant is owned by Russian Rosatom and it is said to be under manual supervision by Putin. The plant construction work, technology, fuel etc. come from Rosatom. The project is in other words alarmingly to increase Finnish energy dependence on Russia. We would just let it happen because we are always bowing to the east. The east is intimidating us and then we just flip. It is sad.

My limit of standing intimidation was when lately Russia has been questioning the legitimity of Finland's independence declaration in 1917. Feeding bullshit like that, if it continues, can suddenly become first a question, then a partial truth and then truth. A matter like that shouldn't be even discussed.

I am not russophobic. I like Russian culture, food, sports achievements, music in all variety (on a classical side my fav is Shostakovich: I have 5 CDs of his music) and I know most of the Russians, like R-loop, are level-headed people. I just wish leaders like Gorbachev would be in power. It is not right to intimidate others, not as a clown, not as a state.

And now some Anu's law (going offtopic in offtopic): this clown seiche has landed over here. What about in your countries? Are the clowns chasing ppl?

This is the last time I will tell you. Worrying beyond that is for dramatic purposes only. Putin is just trying to make allies. He's having a free month with our election wrapping up. We will deal with him.

If in the event you can't stop, I hope you feel better and just know you are going to be fine. :)

There will be no ww3. People just don't know the facts about the USA being one large war nation. They might know that, however the specifics of what we have they done.

We will never stop a country from growing, but we will also never let anything bad happen in the name of defense

We bombed russian soldiers by accident.. they died.. and putin had to take it. If he was so badass he would have done something. He's not.. he's trying to make to make himself badass, but he just can't

Truth to be told, your goverment bombed and droned a lot more civilians in middle-east, but hey, that comes as something normal when it comes to US actions around the globe. Thank God there are nations and leaders now who won't bow anymore, and proof is there, I don't see your military jets flying over Syria since S-400 has been deployed.

Truth to be told, your goverment bombed and droned a lot more civilians in middle-east, but hey, that comes as something normal when it comes to US actions around the globe. Thank God there are nations and leaders now who won't bow anymore, and proof is there, I don't see your military jets flying over Syria since S-400 has been deployed.

Ceasefire

I see how anti American you are. You take the slightest non existant detail but drum up enough delusion and create a satisfactory false perception.

It's unnecessary. Look at the facts.. now ask yourself where is it headed. If you're buying putin propaganda then that's just you. Do I need to remind and need to run through that fake simulation where our firepower literally cuts the life from anoyone, anytime, anyplace, anywhere.

We don't attack, we defend. Putin wants to gather people to attack.

604, should you be born in Russia you would become a perfect "vatnik" and a ultimate Putin supporter. People like you are Putin's best friends actually. If not for you, how could he tell us that America wants to nuke us and we must cut down healthcare funding to make more missiles?

Putin will lie and say anything to achieve his agenda. He's realized the one with great military strength is the winner (USA). He's realized how smart we are. He's just jealous and wants the same but can't because he still has evil intentions.

What he's proposing has been done by usa and therefore is not needed. If he questions our legitimacy which has already been proven well then he's looking for a fight.. a fight he can't win and he knows it. Therefore these are propaganda videos that have pieces cut up to suit an agenda.

604, should you be born in Russia you would become a perfect "vatnik" and a ultimate Putin supporter. People like you are Putin's best friends actually. If not for you, how could he tell us that America wants to nuke us and we must cut down healthcare funding to make more missiles?

Oh and to set the record straight, putin would be one of my supporters.. not the other way around

We don't attack, we defend.

defending is something you do on your own soil. not in iraq, pakistan, afghanistan, yemen, ...

@topic

fins are weird people, speaking a weird language, making weird films and of course also weird music. with saipuakaupias they also invented the longest "natural" palindrome. i think finland somehow is 'the japan of europe', though i wonder how the fins managed to cultivate their quirkyness without being isolated on an island as the japanese did.

i really think we didn't need another u.s./russian foreign policy thread. those turn out quite repetitive anyway.

• Like 2

defending is something you do on your own soil. not in iraq,

It's easy for you to say. You get the comfort of being a little tree hugger. Well those regimes had setups where women and children were used and abused.. raped.. it was awful. Maybe you have to watch it happen to your mom before you are thankful we stepped in to help because we were the only ones who could help.

Could you be any more blatantly secretly in love with the usa? Want me to send you a flag? You're a super fan

• Like 1

with saipuakaupias they also invented the longest "natural" palindrome.

Haha, I wonder how you knew that :D and it is saippuakauppias btw (double p).

And yes, we are a quirky nation: families go naked to sauna and it is popular to swim in an ice hole at winters. We have generally a poor self-esteem; our athletes seldom compete well under pressure, we have more metal bands in proportion to the population than any other country in Europe https://jakubmarian.com/number-of-metal-bands-per-capita-in-europe/etc :P

i really think we didn't need another u.s./russian foreign policy thread. those turn out quite repetitive anyway.

My bad, let's drop it here unless someone has any revitalizing to say.

• Like 5

My bad, let's drop it here unless someone has any revitalizing to say.

I do, please don't mind me getting a little bit more deep into discussion with 604.

Ceasefire

First thing, your goverment doesn't have any control on rebel held areas, and even Kerry tried so much to deal with this issue through diplomacy, the only thing your goverment had was the Kurd held area, but even that is now on shakey legs due to the new policy that Erdogan is moving to.

I see how anti American you are. You take the slightest non existant detail but drum up enough delusion and create a satisfactory false perception.

Dude, I'm not anti-american as you're saying, in fact I'm anti-imperialistic and my only political-related issue is aimed towards the US goverment, not the people. Thank God there is so much awareness in US that some of the biggest heroes of nowdays who are exposing the war-crimes of your goverment are actually Americans. If you're one among many who will belive media everything the put in front of you, be my guest pal, but as I said, the critical mass is here and even on the election people are ashamed to the fact what self-proclaimed the greatest country in the world and the first in the line when it comes to democracy has to offer. If I am American, probably I would feel the same.

It's unnecessary. Look at the facts.. now ask yourself where is it headed. If you're buying putin propaganda then that's just you. Do I need to remind and need to run through that fake simulation where our firepower literally cuts the life from anoyone, anytime, anyplace, anywhere.

I'm giving you some facts here. Or you disagree with me on the issue of Lybia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Serbia and Monetenegro, Syria? Dude, if RT or Sputnik is as you're saying Putin's propaganda, what are the CNN, FOX, BBC? Same shit but in different package. Thanks to the internet and the available informations people nowdayws can soak in the different perspectives, see wider picture, unlike last decade or two.

To be honest with you, the propaganda as youre saying, comes from different corners and different sides, it's not black-white thing and thank God most of the young and educated people can make their own judgement. Also, speaking about the firepower, your goverment spent how many billions of dollars on the lastes stealth F-35? How many times it was tested in the real situations? Zero.

You're selling weapons in billions of dollars to the another big democracy called Saudi Arabia and they showed it's efficiency against the barefoot Houthi tribe in Yemen. I don't wonder why they're suddenly bombing the civilians in Sana'a.

We don't attack, we defend. Putin wants to gather people to attack.

Seriously, are you on drugs or you're just brainwashed? When did your goverment defend American people? In Vietnam? In Lybia? In Afghanistan? In Syria? With all due respect, you're insulting common sense mate. Instead I would rather support relocating the money and resources into making and creating more jobs for young people, investing in free education and health-care (something that is abstract for most people in US), teaching people how not to discriminate the minorities and many other issues that are becoming an important aspect of your country. Since your mainstream media demonized Putin very well, perhaps it's not about Putin, who is actually first leader who doesn't see world as Pax Americana by default, perhaps tomorrow will be someone else, but there are some differences - unlike Lybia or Afghanistan, where brave US military droned and destroyed the whole societies, you gonna need some guts and balls big time to attack on Russia or China, or any other nuclear power. Heck, even North Korea with primitive technology is making you troubles. I rest my case here.

You could have done it better I suppose? What's the highest level of office you have achieved in your government and how long have you served in your military?

None, I've witnessed the war as a young child during the '90s. My country suffered a horrible things on our own soil and young Croats (or any other minorities living here) are not obligated to have military service. We had it enough in '90s and whoever want's to join the army he can do that by his own will. I don't get your point tho.

• Like 4

And not to go totally offtopic I have to say that I really enjoy many things that are releated to Finland. As an obvious choice, the healthy and well developed metal culture and community comes to my mind, but in general people there can make great music and I always give my best to follow everything that comes out (and most of the stuff is suprisingly good and interesting). The other thing is people in general, we here in Croatia and in Balkans usually see people from Scandinavia to be very much uninterested, distanced, without some big temperament, but some really nice folks from Finland that I had priviledge to meet online (I'm looking at you Anu and Pauli) are very passioned and got big heart (and based by the experiences that Neogoa folks had in Suomi), that's not an exception, it's a rule. I know it might sound weird, but when I watched the videos of people partying there it was something very familiar, it reminded me on many young folks here in Croatia and how they can have good time during some good psytrance or Goa music. I hope one day I will be able to visit Finland, to experience the unique nature, try some food and drinks specific for your area, and of course to praise Raikkonen and mock you how sucky you're in football :P (hey, at least you're kicking ass in hockey) :D

Finska <3

• Like 2

And not to go totally offtopic I have to say that I really enjoy many things that are releated to Finland. As an obvious choice, the healthy and well developed metal culture and community comes to my mind, but in general people there can make great music and I always give my best to follow everything that comes out (and most of the stuff is suprisingly good and interesting). The other thing is people in general, we here in Croatia and in Balkans usually see people from Scandinavia to be very much uninterested, distanced, without some big temperament, but some really nice folks from Finland that I had priviledge to meet online (I'm looking at you Anu and Pauli) are very passioned and got big heart (and based by the experiences that Neogoa folks had in Suomi), that's not an exception, it's a rule. I know it might sound weird, but when I watched the videos of people partying there it was something very familiar, it reminded me on many young folks here in Croatia and how they can have good time during some good psytrance or Goa music. I hope one day I will be able to visit Finland, to experience the unique nature, try some food and drinks specific for your area, and of course to praise Raikkonen and mock you how sucky you're in football :P (hey, at least you're kicking ass in hockey) :D

Finska <3

I was touched by these kind words. I am really glad that I've had a chance to meet 4-5 (LD is one artist but 2 ppl)  Neogoa Rec artists (Proxeeus, LD, GoaTree, Veasna) in person and that has happened in Finland and def I'd like to be your host, too, if life is favourable and you'll appear over here some day. What a blast it'd be ;)

Hopefully will be meeting oopie in a month or two.

Really? He comes to India? Wow!!

• Like 1