When is the last time you puked?

SixZeroFou4

I brought out Texas Faggott in 2000 for their debut USA performance.

It is likely you know all of their production but I still wanna share this link with old material. It is a Finnish portal, a precursor of Soundcloud type of. I like this goa track by Toletrancer aka Francoise Faggot. http://www.mikseri.net/artists/toletrancer/halvat-hanurit/35499/

Is that you riding on the unicorn in your signature animated GIFT?

The gif has interested also others ;-) https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/72084-ttip-pro-contra/

but for food prices we beat finland according to eurostat. ;)

This was new to me, thought Austria is like Germany. Do you have an educated guess why the countries around you have lower food prices and you only + Switzerland have higher?

It is likely you know all of their production but I still wanna share this link with old material. It is a Finnish portal, a precursor of Soundcloud type of. I like this goa track by Toletrancer aka Francoise Faggot. http://www.mikseri.net/artists/toletrancer/halvat-hanurit/35499/

The gif has interested also others ;-) https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/72084-ttip-pro-contra/

This was new to me, thought Austria is like Germany. Do you have an educated guess why the countries around you have lower food prices and you only + Switzerland have higher?

This is like the second or third time you have referred me to an old discussion.. buried in the Sands of time.

Would you not prefer to create, plant a seed, and water a new discussion to bring new life and the perception of activity to some forums? ;)

buried in the Sands of time.

Nothing in psynews is buried, this is not facebook-like newsfeed and I LOVE our archives ;) And no, I won't water a new discussion at least before referring to the old one. Picking up the point the way it was presented in the past is crucial. And the second time: where is our drug use discussion thread? There are a few but this one is quite old. I remember Mars and Anoebis having answered to it and almost "all" members.

Dear my new friend padmapani;

If things ever get to expensive you can live with me for free. The only rule.. there is no rules!! Jk

thanks for the offer, but as a pharmacist i don't think i'll be struck by poverty unless people stop getting sick ;)

we have three big companies owning all the supermarkets. and they pay every few years for illegaly fixing too high prices, but why stop what you're doing when you pay only a fine of few million euro but gain profits of billions of euro by that practise...

also we didn't have the hartz reforms as in germany, which dramatically lowered wages and created a huge pool of cheap labourers (who wouldn't be able to get by with austrian prices). so we're not really comparable to germany here.

thanks for the offer, but as a pharmacist i don't think i'll be struck by poverty unless people stop getting sick ;)

we have three big companies owning all the supermarkets. and they pay every few years for illegaly fixing too high prices, but why stop what you're doing when you pay only a fine of few million euro but gain profits of billions of euro by that practise...

also we didn't have the hartz reforms as in germany, which dramatically lowered wages and created a huge pool of cheap labourers (who wouldn't be able to get by with austrian prices). so we're not really comparable to germany here.

Haha so well said. We should create a goa house where it's setup with equipment and people can go for free and twist some knows and whatever is created we release.

Every morning we can increase their dose of Ritalin until they are working round the clock to create goa amazement. If they slack we can waterboard them..

I'm jk about all of that. Hahaha :)

Pharmacist huh Padmapani! *Raises left eyebrow* *blocks sick cunning thoughts* good job that one ;) I had a few friends years ago, left them behind for good ;) bastards sold scheduled drugs like candies :lol: ha ha.

And @Kerala puke session. What is with you guys! I don't get it, do you guys have street food or drink bad water or it is just spiced up food?! Eventhough I don't eat out, I find it amusing that so many of you'se complain about tummy problems / puking when you visit us. When I think about it, I ate out twice in the last 3 months & I usually carry water from home. I don't like changes, I like the taste of our river water, the "mineral" water or filtered bore well water tastes different and i don't like them. Also moved away from glasses & plastics. I really like the copper vessel! Gives a nice metallic taste :D

Yes, it's one of those 3am high on coffee posts ;) like the last one on the other thread.

Don't you have farmers market or weekly fair kind of thing? Only supermarkets? That sucks. Here we have weekly farmers market fair kind of thing, all the farmers from the nearby villages come by with fresh veggies and put up stalls.

Food inflation doesnt affect your economy?

It's one of the main culprit over here which causes headline inflation to skyrocket & affects the monetary policy substantially. Last 2 years of draught were the worst, thankfully oil prices were low. Or else, double whammy! High food and high fuel prices , hyperinflation & stagflation scenes

Pharmacist huh Padmapani! *Raises left eyebrow* *blocks sick cunning thoughts* good job that one ;) I had a few friends years ago, left them behind for good ;) bastards sold scheduled drugs like candies :lol: ha ha.

And @Kerala puke session. What is with you guys! I don't get it, do you guys have street food or drink bad water or it is just spiced up food?! Eventhough I don't eat out, I find it amusing that so many of you'se complain about tummy problems / puking when you visit us. When I think about it, I ate out twice in the last 3 months & I usually carry water from home. I don't like changes, I like the taste of our river water, the "mineral" water or filtered bore well water tastes different and i don't like them. Also moved away from glasses & plastics. I really like the copper vessel! Gives a nice metallic taste :D

Yes, it's one of those 3am high on coffee posts ;) like the last one on the other thread.

no, no. the legal kind of pharmacist. really. :)

spicy food? it's not rare for me to eat more spicy food at home. it was campylobacter. my friend was struck by salmonellosis one weeks later. what is with you guys? why don't you cook food that's safe to eat (or at least mark the unsafe places as they do in singapore) ;). we only ate at what looked like good (or at least the best in town) restaurants. also we never took any of the delicious looking salad, because it isn't cooked. and we quickly started only drinking coke instead of fruit juices because coke is sure to be safe. maybe we tourists don't have a good eye for which restaurant is safe or maybe you guys are all immune to most bacteria already? ;)

yeah, the treated water over there tastes horrible. the mineral water is one of the things i enjoy most when i come home from travelling.

copper vessel.... so that's your secret. copper is toxic to most microorganisms ;)

Don't you have farmers market or weekly fair kind of thing? Only supermarkets? That sucks. Here we have weekly farmers market fair kind of thing, all the farmers from the nearby villages come by with fresh veggies and put up stalls.

Food inflation doesnt affect your economy?

It's one of the main culprit over here which causes headline inflation to skyrocket & affects the monetary policy substantially. Last 2 years of draught were the worst, thankfully oil prices were low. Or else, double whammy! High food and high fuel prices , hyperinflation & stagflation scenes

yeah, we do have markets and they have fresh high quality food, but they're much more expensive than the supermarkets. talk about twice the price for most things.

not really. most of europe is rather stuck with deflation or deflation risk. austria is a bit of an outlier with moderate inflation due to rising prices for food and rents. but generally the guys from the central bank print insane amounts of money and give it to the bankers hoping to create some inflation that way. but the bankers keep the money to themselves and the "finance industry", so we get no inflation because nearly nothing makes it to the real economy...

so you still have food inflation? i read something about droughts raising the onion prices two (?) years ago, but didn't realize that this was still going on.

Aah, your deflation probs. yes, I missed it. It's really surprising, with monetory easing , negative interest rates there's still deflation. So you are saying the monetory policies are being passed on to customers. I did not know about that. Tell me more about all this.

We had the same problem, our governor cut the repo(lending) rates but the bank's refused to do the same due to high NPA's & low savings. Tired of their shit, he introduced MCLR (officially linking bank rates with policy rates)

The ones' I was talking about were also of the legal kind :P I'm not doubting you :)

Sorry to hear about you and your friends' food infections. That's a big turn off if you are travelling :/

May be we are immune, you never know :D

Or it may be the utensils :D

Only the uptight , too rich to be Indians use Chinaware, glassware. Rest of us normal beings use metalware + plastics. Plastics are everywhere! Plates, bowls, containers, bottles. :/ I have taken a hardline position wrt them. Went back to my old utensils of copper/aluminium/steel stuff.

Fruit juices -- one of the safest and best things you can drink is coconut water. But the trick is to avoid the strews and they are covered in dust ;)

It would be nice to meet up in case you decided to come back :)

Aah, your deflation probs. yes, I missed it. It's really surprising, with monetory easing , negative interest rates there's still deflation. So you are saying the monetory policies are being passed on to customers. I did not know about that. Tell me more about all this.

We had the same problem, our governor cut the repo(lending) rates but the bank's refused to do the same due to high NPA's & low savings. Tired of their shit, he introduced MCLR (officially linking bank rates with policy rates)

austerity measures and heavy cuts in the social systems reduce the income of the people, especially in southern europe. this is one factor that leads to relatively low prices (people cannot afford so many things anymore, so if you want to continue selling your product you cannot ask more than before).

in the light of this, companies don't want to invest, becase they don't see a lot of return for their investment. and if the investors expect higher returns in the financial markets than in the real economy it wouldn't make any sense of them to lend their money to companies that actually produce something and create real jobs.

the boneheaded politicians see that their policies are failing, but are completely perplexed and don't question their neo-classical economics at all. so if something doesn't work, they respond by giving us more of the same.

that the ecb is not allowed to directly buy government bonds, but only buys them second hand from banks, also makes this measure have less effect than it could be. now banks buy government bonds, sell them to the ecb at a higher price with zero risk and therefore get what is basically free money.

forcing banks to adjust their interest rates is unthinkable here. apparently the bankers have comparatively little power compared to the government in india...

can the central bank directly buy government bonds in india? if it does so liberally, inflation wouldn't surprise me.

The ones' I was talking about were also of the legal kind :P I'm not doubting you :)

Sorry to hear about you and your friends' food infections. That's a big turn off if you are travelling :/

May be we are immune, you never know :D

Or it may be the utensils :D

Only the uptight , too rich to be Indians use Chinaware, glassware. Rest of us normal beings use metalware + plastics. Plastics are everywhere! Plates, bowls, containers, bottles. :/ I have taken a hardline position wrt them. Went back to my old utensils of copper/aluminium/steel stuff.

Fruit juices -- one of the safest and best things you can drink is coconut water. But the trick is to avoid the strews and they are covered in dust ;)

It would be nice to meet up in case you decided to come back :)

yeah, i've seen the plastic everywhere at the simpler restaurants in goa. it's not nice to eat from and creates a lot of rubbish that's often left somwhere in the landscape. china/glassware is certainly better (especially as long term solution), but with all the nice metal pieces you have in india i don't really see a reason to use them either. thali should be served with a banana leaf on a metal tray :). and as long as there is the option for a fork even us foreigners can eat the rice ;)

coconut water is great. it not only tastes good but has lots of electrolyts and is sterile. but how am i supposed to drink it without a straw? i'd pour the good coconut water all over myself ;)

it surely would. and i'll definitely come back to india some day. but for next year my friends are already talking about sri lanka (partly because no one got sick there the last time ;) )

Damn, the last time I puked was not pleasant. I caught an infection from some bad fruit in Yunnan, China - but the puking was the least of my worries. I had four days of agony on and off the toilet, and the time I wasn't spending shitting liquid shit I was spending unblocking my shit or buying more toilet roll in epic quantities. After the third day my ass started bleeding and cockroaches invaded my room which I was too weak to fight. Eventually I recovered though and had a great holiday. I'm sure many others in this thread have had similar or worse experiences.

• Like 1

Deflation really is a bitch!

Yes, RBI (reserve bank of India) can and does buy the govt bonds(g-sec's) . It's one of the quantitative measures of the monetory policy - OMO (open market operations) our inflation is more due to supply constraints Which leads to demand-pull inflation. RBI can only do so much when it comes to monsoons (food prices) and crude oil prices.

Yeah, I am not a rice-eating person. More of a Roti/chapati lover :) (https://imgur.com/a/wvG5F.jpg)

Aah, you'll learn the coconut trick. Even I used to spill it all over my shirt but gradually through guidance I learnt :D

Sri Lanka is great. :)

It's interesting that this topic was made. When I was younger, I had crippling emetophobia (fear of throwing up, seeing someone throw up, etc.) I was neurotic and superstitious about foods and activities that may lead to vomiting. It was out of control.

It's interesting that this topic was made.

This is an excellent topic that yielded many answers on topic and off topic. For exapmple now I know @Padmapani is a pharmacist. What interests me if you provide free needles for narcomans in pharmacies in Austria like we do in Finland?

When I was younger, I had crippling emetophobia (fear of throwing up, seeing someone throw up, etc.) I was neurotic and superstitious about foods and activities that may lead to vomiting. It was out of control.

:D :D :D I should not laugh, though, because childrens' fears can be traumatizing no matter how absurd they are. I had this fear on late 70's/early 80's that The Sovijet Union is gonna attack Finland any minute (period of cold war). Today I have friends who have actually experienced war as kids and I have no idea how I had managed such if happened to me as a kid.

@ Recursion loop: Cool. You have to understand that we in Finland have nothing against peaceful Russians but the imperialistic politics of the past and today may have caused some fears and are still causing. Putin visited Finland last Friday and he wasn't very convincing about that we shouldn't have any fears from the east.

• Like 1

Yeah, I perfectly understand this. I really don't like that things are heading towards cold war again.

Generally, I'm not a Putin's supporter myself, very far from it actually.

Haha, you are part of goa trance family: those are ppl I trust as having some brains and good will :)

• Like 1

On 7/7/2016 at 5:00 PM, recursion loop said:

I'm a Soviet kid (born in Leningrad in 80's) and I remember that one of my fears was that American spies are spreading bombs masked as toys among Soveit children and I may die if someone gives my such a "toy". I don't remember who told me that but I did believe it.

I wouldn't be surprised. The American government has done a lot of crazy fucked up shit. Pretty much any fear the Russians had was probably justified.

• Like 1

Don't forget our twisted delirious brothers on drugs.

If i had to choose bw "him" and Putin I'd choose "him" because there'd be a high probability that good twisted goa trance would be heard during the 3-4 minutes' period as the tanks'd walk over my homecountry :P

• Like 1

If i had to choose bw "him" and Putin I'd choose "him" because there'd be a high probability that good twisted goa trance would be heard during the 3-4 minutes' period as the tanks'd walk over my homecountry :P

Oh fuck, I'm just imagining Angel's Trumpets all over your country being played so loud that the entire population goes into psychedelic paralysis and is powerless to resist. Actually sounds like an effective war strategy.

• Like 1