Recommend me a good discogs seller for a big purchase

Ormion

I want to make a big purchase (100+ euros) and I see a lot of sellers with many cds (old school stuff) I want in discogs. I've only bought once from discogs marketplace from a guy that had 99.9% positive feedback with thousand votes and....I got screwed. He sent me my package 2 months later with two cds missing and he never refunded me for those. As you can guess I hesitate a lot for my next purchase.

Do you know any one with a big collection and trustworthy to recommend?

there are loads

have a look for what you want

pm me any time will let you know

have purchased from most of the big sellers at one time or another

Same here. Been buying CDs via Discogs for over 5 years with no bad experiences. So yeah, you can PM me too for info if you find a seller that has what you want :)

Do you guys know cyberpeik? He has many cds that I want.

i once ordered one vinyl from him. he didn't anwser any messages and just canceled the order as "item not available anymore".

no contact at all.

Hmm, those 2 might actually be the same guy as they both used the RARE_OOP description...

thats a possibility, i bought loads of cd's of neptunewave years ago when he first started, he had heaps, picked up loads of bargains, and never had a prob, but then i started to hear of people having probs few years ago, with description issues etc, doesn't sound to stable these days.

think i bought couple of cyber years ago, had no probs, but his stuff seems to be expensive

And this means what? Just some subjective phrase about nothing?

OOP means "out of print", the rest is kinda self explanatory :)

Although regarding some of his CDs, "rare" and "masterpiece" are either debatable or subjective.

• Like 1

OOP: "Of course this particular pressing won't be repeated." (There may be a repress but let's not discuss that.)

Rare: "I'd like to get more money for this."

Masterpiece: "I'd totally like to get more money for this."

• 2 weeks later...

I want to make a big purchase (100+ euros) and I see a lot of sellers with many cds (old school stuff) I want in discogs. I've only bought once from discogs marketplace from a guy that had 99.9% positive feedback with thousand votes and....I got screwed. He sent me my package 2 months later with two cds missing and he never refunded me for those. As you can guess I hesitate a lot for my next purchase.

Do you know any one with a big collection and trustworthy to recommend?

You are safe with me, no worries (:

http://www.discogs.com/seller/2trancentral

Neptunwave used to be a great guy to deal with, i started buying from him in 2002, he is from Germany although has a name that is surely not German. I had great deals for a decade but in recent years I saw he closed his online shop and started to sell only on discogs. Some stuff he has is very tempting indeed, but I have not bought from him for a very long time. I think you'd be tying a bit your luck now..

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I see that a seller is from Austria, I skip instantly as everything will be monstrously overpriced. No need to even check. Wonder why there have been so many "different" examples of that...

Yeah for some reason austrian sellers always put me off, not personally, but for some ridiculously high prices...

Someone mentioned DupDubiDup or whatever it is. Seller uses more than one nick on there, and it seems that an item he has only one of is listed twice, and maybe trice under different nicks, slightly different price (and currency - Eur/GBP) and even different grade. So a VG+ item might be listed accordingly at a price but might be listed again in VG condition at slightly lower price so that it seems undergraded, all prices of course way off market value.

The same strategy might be in use by neptunewave/cyberpiek/whatever. Hence why items are after unavailable with no explanation.