Misnamed / misspelled tracks

Paul Eye

This actually came up again when I was browsing for tracks for an upcoming set...

There are tracks that are either misnamed or misspelled (lots of them I reckon), but a few that have been puzzling me for some time. Feel free to add your own too :)

So which ones are correct?

Psychaos - Soundbeams / Sound Beams

Voodoo People - Quadstep / Quadsep

Mindfield - Superstion (is this supposed to be "Superstition"?)

Cosmosis - Sanyacid / San Yacid (actually, this was confirmed some time ago in a Facebook PM to Billy Cosmosis, Sanyacid is correct, just FYI)

Erm, there were a few others but I can't for the life of me remember them right now.

Hallucinogen's first album title - Twisted or Twist Ed? (Actually, this was confirmed to me via spiritual telepathy by Godford to be Twist Ed.)

Here's the picture of the promo album that only a couple serious Korean DAT collectors seem to have:

funny-face15.jpeg

• Like 1

Full Moon Over Parvatti
Star Above Parvati
Star Above Parvatti
Star Above Parvati (Bijli Mahadev Mix)
Star Over Parvati (Orchestral World Groove Remix)

All from official releases, I think. So what is over/above what and when exactly is it the downtempo-ish version? :huh:

Star Above Parvati is correct AFAIK. The Bijli Mahadev Mix is Doof's own downtempo-ish remix, and the Orchestral World Groove remix (which actually is a kind of a remix of the Bijli Mahadev Mix) can be found at least on the Backroom Beats compilation.

Star Above Parvati is correct AFAIK. The Bijli Mahadev Mix is Doof's own downtempo-ish remix, and the Orchestral World Groove remix (which actually is a kind of a remix of the Bijli Mahadev Mix) can be found at least on the Backroom Beats compilation.

That's how it would make sense but...

The uptempo version is:

- "Star Above Parvati" on Blue compilation (and less known compilations "The Big Tip" and "First Light")

- "Star Above Parvatti" on Goa-Head 1 (and "Shabda" compilation)

- "Full Moon Over Parvatti" on Trancentral Four, 07 and boxed

The downtempo version is:

- "Star Above Parvati (Bijli Mahadev Mix)" on Let's Turn On CD

- just "Star Above Parvati" on TIP Singles 3 (so the same as the uptempo on Blue)

Orchestral World Groove as a version is clear, but it uses a new "Star Over" combination for the main title.

And for something completely different, I think the names of meteor showers use a bit kludgy combination of partial Latin genitives and the -ids suffix, which is not Latin itself. Therefore it's not that obvious that Aquariids should have their Unique ending. Even NASA seems to disagree so it's very understandable that some 1995 source did the same. Not really a typo if you ask me.

That seems to be on the vinyl version, not on the CD. So is the one on the vinyl the same as the Bijli Mahadev Mix?

Yes...or at least it's the downtempo version. I haven't checked in detail whether it's exactly the same but I'd assume so.

Interestingly, the promo LP contains a track that later changed its name and/or artist. Hard to verify as it was the only appearance of that collaboration.