Union Jack, Art of Trance, Tristna and the like, what else is there?

radi6404

So after goa trance probably such kind of music is my favourite. I don`t know whether that or maybe ambient, but I find big similarity between Union Jack, Art of Trance and Tristan. All of them are very electronic and psychedelic in sound, use great synthsounds, sound a bit quee, which I like a lot and are very amotspheric. Art of Trance probably is the best of them, very changing and more melodic but also very quitchy or how I should say, squeetchy, happy, freaked out. It is relaxing music and twisting aswell What do you think of that music and do you know more artists alike?

Both Union Jack and Art of Trance are projects by Simon Berry (label boss of Platipus Records).

Art of Trance is his solo work.

Union Jack is him and Claudio Giussani (and the new Union Jack album is not Union Jack. fuck that name-stealing rubbish).

Claudio Giussani also writes music under the name Terra Ferma on Platipus Records. I highly recommend the first Terra Ferma album "Turtle Crossing" (although the second album is good too, just not the same).

You should really check out more of the Platipus stuff. The first three Platipus comps (Volume 1, Volume 2, and Volume 3) are worthy of picking up if you like that sound.

The comps have great tracks by POB, Virtualmismo, L.S.G., Clanger, and an artist I've recommended around here before, Quietman.

Another project that you might want to check out is Satori (Sean "Process" Williams and Pete "Slide" Martin).

You like Tristan and Tristan used to work with Process on some great tracks back in the mid 90s around the same time as Satori was releasing stuff.

Satori released 8 tracks on various labels and all are worth grabbing

http://www.discogs.com/artist/87962-Satori-3

However, their 12"s "Liquid Sky/Entroy" and "Event Horizon/Neureality" would probably please you the most.

If any of that stuff pleases you, or displeases you, let me know and I can give more recommendations after filtering more of what you are looking for.

Cheers!

Now that is a great and thorrough answer. I will check all the recommended music out and after doing so I will let you know. I am sure I will like all of it since I like Tristan music and the Platipus kind of stuff. What is it called by the way, it is not really trance but it is not psytrance either, what is it then? The process stuff will surely be great aswell.

Now that is a great and thorrough answer. I will check all the recommended music out and after doing so I will let you know. I am sure I will like all of it since I like Tristan music and the Platipus kind of stuff. What is it called by the way, it is not really trance but it is not psytrance either, what is it then? The process stuff will surely be great aswell.

its more progressive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPZmvUvyyZI

Terra Ferma is brilliant, one of best old school trance albums is his Turtle Crossing!

I also love this, smiliar style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQwkO-Wnclk

But also check recommendations but guys up in this post such as Oliver Lieb and his LSG and Paragliders, then LDC, Astralasia... can't remember more.

Check Platipus generaly :)

Ahhh i wish there is music like this today! Or maybe there is but i don't know where to search? ;)

What about the sort of stuff on one of Cass' labels? (Cass as in Cass and Slide?)

I have this comp

http://www.discogs.com/Cass-Fire01PrologueCassCDx2/release/28870

and it's what I think of when I think progressive trance and not progressive pie.

shame there weren't more compilations like this on the fire lable :(