Are you afraid of fireworks and fire granades?

radi6404

So each new year it is the same, others are looking forword for it but I hope it does not come or when it comes that it passes quickly. I can`t stand new year at all, it is probably because I don`t see as well as a normal person but I am very affraid of fireworks and fire granades, not real granades but the ones for new year. I can`t stand when people are throwing them on the world like wild and uncivilized people and making others afraid. Aktually fireworks and fire granades are in fact dangerous and when you get hit by a fire granade it can harm you and damage for example your hand or your arm. A.so the very loud explosion of Bulgarian fire granades makes you freak out and I really really don`t like that. Fireworks are not that bad, they can be very beautiful and exploe high up the sky, but the small granades are one thing which makes me dislike new year. I wish people would celebrate without them because this is the reason I can`t enjoy new year.

I got used to it, especially when I was a little, during the war-time in Bosnia, i witnessed some of the explosions near the area where we lived at that period of time and it was shocking experience, so during the new year a little explosions don't bother me that much, even tho i dislike people who are doing that 7-days in a row. Anyway, one huge explosion of warehouse near my town happened a year or two ago i think, it was full of military stuff from ex Yugoslavia army (JNA), such as ammo and bombs. It's maybe 7-10 km from my town but the explosion(s) were something that you see only in disaster movies. Ofcourse, explosions started in early noon and it lasts for 48 hours. There is a little video on YouTube but i'm sure it can't describe the horror that happened on that day.

Explosion at 01:20:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVLM0mwOJgQ

i don't like them either. firecrackers are something i find especially pointless; you get a loud unpleasant noise and that's it. but i don't fear them. as long as you keep your distance from anyone who likes to throw such things you're safe.

i'm kinda paranoid about fireworks however. they fly a long way and those sticks do have to come down somewhere. i've never seen them do so but the ground is littered with them the next day. so instead of watching the fireworks, i spend my time hoping that the sticks don't fall on my head if i decide to go outside at new year.

You can´t get in distance when people throw firecrackers inside restourants and even smaller rooms, also you can not go out and be really safe when most persons fire up to 50 firecrackers in 10 minutes. Do you know how it is outside the roads in new year? It sounds like a continious mashine gun outside the roads of some Bulgarian cities.

i'm kinda paranoid about fireworks however. they fly a long way and those sticks do have to come down somewhere. i've never seen them do so but the ground is littered with them the next day.

One landed about a foot away from me a couple of weeks ago. I don't think it would have hurt much if it had landed on me though, I had the good sense to be wearing a hood.

Shortly after that I was at some friends' house and they were putting on a display in their garden. After a bunch of little ones they let off this huge rocket. It shot up and then took a sharp left turn into a tree, spun around in the tree for a moment and then shot down onto the ground in front of us. We all ran for cover as it exploded and threw stuff at us. It was terrifying, and also hilarious.

You can´t get in distance when people throw firecrackers inside restourants and even smaller rooms, also you can not go out and be really safe when most persons fire up to 50 firecrackers in 10 minutes. Do you know how it is outside the roads in new year? It sounds like a continious mashine gun outside the roads of some Bulgarian cities.

inside restaurants and small rooms? imho that's way beyond being acceptable. i usually spend the night at home (doing any kind of fireworks stuff within city limits is forbidden here, which probably helps a little bit) or at a party in the middle of nowhere, so i'm nowhere near huge crowds and probably "miss out" on those things.

Shortly after that I was at some friends' house and they were putting on a display in their garden. After a bunch of little ones they let off this huge rocket. It shot up and then took a sharp left turn into a tree, spun around in the tree for a moment and then shot down onto the ground in front of us. We all ran for cover as it exploded and threw stuff at us. It was terrifying, and also hilarious.

that reminds me of a story from one of my friends. he went to a new year's party in goa last year and one rocket took a wrong turn and flew towards the bar. my friend was hit directly, but luckily for him it bounced off only to explode right next to the hand of the bartender. my friend told me blood was all over the place. he had to go to the hospital himself because of the impact and the burns, but the bartender was surely much worse off.

drunk people and explosives surely aren't the best combination...

I like organised displays... I love starbombs and those that make look like its raining fire... mind, i did go to one where the spent fireworks actually came down on the crowd, that was not funny....

i grew up i the 70's being able to buy from the local shop and let off when ever you wanted in new zealand, we used to blow up peoples letterboxes, send sky rockets up the street, was loose as, but fun as a kid, as long as we were careful, and when trick or treating time came, god help anyone who said trick!

here in australia, except for canberra, complete country ban of fires, and fireworks.

you lot can still buy them?

inside restaurants and small rooms? imho that's way beyond being acceptable. i usually spend the night at home (doing any kind of fireworks stuff within city limits is forbidden here, which probably helps a little bit) or at a party in the middle of nowhere, so i'm nowhere near huge crowds and probably "miss out" on those things.

Indeed it is way beyond being acceptable but the Bulgarian mentallity of many people is just like that and it is really a shame. I really like some things about Austria, one of them is the strong laws you mentioned. In Bulgaria you are allowed to blow Firecrachers everywhere and going outside in a town with 20 000 people or more you get the acustics u wooud get in a war. It is really anything but nice and I really don`t like new year because of that. I prefer staying at hoe or at someon else and not going to the centre of the town after midnight, which is a tradition for many people in Bulgaria.

Unfortunately many people here have a false mentality, not only the simple people, but also the more intelligent people who are attending university or are smart in other ways just have the attitude that Bulgara is a state of the Balkans and people can be rough and hard. They think, new year is a time to celebrate heavily and don`t care about behaviour, also they regard fireworks and granades as harmless, which they are not in fact. If you are affraid of silvester granades Bulgaria is not the right country for you.