Do you remember your first 3 goa /psy tracks ?

Neurosect

In 1997 I was on holiday at sea, walking near the beach I heard strange sounds coming from some guy's cassette player. I asked the owner about this music and he said 'it's psychedelic goa trance - check local store, they shoud have one or two releases'. The next hour I bought 'Made on Earth vol. 1'. X-Dream's 'Freak' got me completely hooked (and tbh a bit scared ;) ). The other two I can honestly say I 'remember hearing' were Etnica - Tribute and Prana - Primal Orbit.

1995 or 1996, at the counter somewhere at a local Megastore, listening through cheap headphones to:

Rainbow Spirit feat. DJ Sangeet - Sirius shuttle

MWNN - Lunar cycle

Quatermass - Beyond sunrise

.... :-)

(first 3 tracks of VA - Travelling)

My first Goa CD was this one: http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-World-Of-Goa-Trance-Vol-3/release/87331

It was a kind of "blind bet" ... meaning I knew nothing of Goa Trance before. I only had somebody talking to me that it's "much more intense than normal trance" which is why I got curious. And so I bought that CD for a bargain price in a big entertainment store ... one that wasn't even yo badly stacked concerning Goa, they had Spirit Zone stuff there and the Goa-Head compilations ... of which I later bought some, unfortunately I left out on the Spirit Zone stuff though, had not enough money for all...

Not long after that I went to my first psy party ... and the music there was totally different (but great!), which left me a bit confused and led to practically my first thread here where I asked for similar stuff concerning "minimalistic psy". And that was then practically instant love ... some of the recommendations became a few of my favourite artists to this day (Atmos!)...

Shell Shock's track on some german rave-music compilation (not sure if it was main mix or radio edit)

Second one was probably from Croatian goa trance group 'Dogma', track called Sutra Sarma

In sam period of time, this classic was also something I can say first contact with goa trance

Soon after I discovered a lot more, guys at Cygnetic Records, stuff from Pulse compilations, Astral Projection and Etnica on MP3.com, etc, great compilation 10 years in trance, also featuring some goa music, etc...

Somewhere buried in my room, I actually have the piece of paper with the first songs written on them I heard. I was listening to the trance and techno radio channels on chat program AIM. The only three on this paper I know are goa are Psygone - 'Twisted Minds' & 'Outer Limits' and another track being on of the Shakta and Ping Pong tracks.This led me to download others through Kazaa.

I don't remember the first 3 tracks, but I do remember the first 3 cds:

- VA - The Power of Goatrance: A red 3xCD that I bought in a typical multimedia shop to see what all the fuss was about. The third cd was a reissue of Psygone - Optimistique, but I didn't make it to that one. I thought CD1 and 2 were boring.

Well did you ever end up listening to the Psygone album? Its not perfect but some serious music in that ;D I have the same compilation too.

1995 or 1996, at the counter somewhere at a local Megastore, listening through cheap headphones to:

MWNN - Lunar cycle

Geez, you had one heck of an introduction! 8)

MWNN - Lunar cycle

Sirius Shuttle is one of the best tracks ever!