do you hear really well?

radi6404

so for some months I was hearing very bad and I asked people to repeat what they are saying. Yesterday I went to an ear doctor and he cleaned my ears properly. I asked him how to do it myself and he explained aswell. After cleaning the ears I am hearing so well that everything seems extremly loud. Writting on the keyboard seems very loud, cars outside are incredibly loud, doors and so on. I can hear people from 15 meters talking and what they are talking about now, Altough I was cleaning my ears in bath regurarely it seems I did it wrong, I hope I will keep the great hearing now.

How loud do you hear? Even quiet things now are pretty loud for me like writting on the keyboard.

I actually had an ear wax problem some years ago. Some people just develop a lot of it and it does impact your hearing quite a lot. When I had mine cleaned, I felt like I could hear "too well". I have no problems with hearing, but this music consumption and extended use of headphones will probably be the end of that in the long run.

I know exactly what you mean, I have noticed these differences a lot. Unfortunately I have to go to the doctor about once in 2 years and get it cleaned out. Also when I was younger I used to have a lot of problems with my ears. Every time I used to go under water in the swimming pool it would hurt like crazy the next days. So I decided not to do that anymore since it's good for nothing..

So yeah, it's a really weird feeling when everything is loud again. Typing, music and also hearing others peoples voices and my own voice was way different. Also the general volume level of the tv could be pushed down a lot!

having dissabillities with one sence is always bad, I don#t see very well, I find it normal since I am burn like that but if I have had normal sight I probably would find it bad. Having good eyes and ears is important but some people have dissabilities with one or another.

I also hear very well when my ears are cleaned. Since I don't think a lot of people would find mediamonkey over headphones too loud when it plays at one third. But if I don#t keep my ears clean I do not hear that good after time.

• 2 weeks later...

I hear pretty good, my ears are sensitive.

I always have to wear earplugs when I go out to loud parties.

It hurts to much...

I used to hear pretty good but got some damage along the years

(I test my ears each 2 years)

So I guess right now I'm hearing good (not very good anymore)

• 4 weeks later...

That is why I am not going to a disco or to a party.

These days they have perfect ear plugs that are developed by the shape/form of your ear

and filter all the overloaded noise that could create damage.

They don't filter everything so you can still easily start a conversation

on the dancefloor. They are off course individual, so they only fit in your ear and cost more

then the regular ones. It's +/- 70 euros for one IIRC, but that's money well spent.

Just don't lose them ;)

When I start partying again (when I get my car) I'm buying one of those.

I've heard many positive comments/experiences about those earplugs.