crazy dude wants to jump in a parachute... from space

Lemmiwinks

So I don't know f you've heard about this lately, it turns out some crazy austrian wants to jump from space! Sadly, the jump was pushed back 2 times already but if all goes well we should see him jump tomorrow. Not only is this the highest jump in history but he will also be the fastest travelling man out of a shuttle ever, he will literally go as fast as a bullet!

Personally I think he will die... but we'll see ;) What are your bets?

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/08/us/skydiver-record-attempt/index.html

Read all about this and I have a hard time thinking of the effect the pressure will have.

Just driving down a tall mountain and my ears pop, how do you survive a fall from the troposphere?

He'll be wearing a state-of-the-art suite so he can breathe but still...

Yeah, that's Felix Baumgartner, a fellow countryman of mine B) ... and I do have to say it makes me proud that my little country is relaitvely high up in the news with this project as of now...

They call it the Red Bull Stratos mission. And I'm definitely of the opinion that it's doable. The Red Bull guy has a TV station financed by him around here and there they brought numerous news about the project and as I was watching they've made that suit pretty durable and Felix is a tough guy, so I'm quite confident that he's gonna make it.

The weather doesn't matter to me so much ... yeah, it delays things but it's fine ... he's going to do the jump when the time's right. Just ooze the moment of fame a little bit more and then he'll do it and I wish him the best of luck ^_^

You can watch him jumping live.

Here is the link, so stay tuned

http://www.redbullstratos.com/

I wish him all the best. It was a little sad that they had to cancel the jumping, but I understand it.

You do not have a guy trying to jump from space every day, so I can wait a little longer until the appropriate conditions are met.

Guest E-Mantra

can u tell me exact hour to watch it ?

on the link above it will be broadcast ?

i ask this because i cut my television cable for sometimes and i only see it online

thx

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I still can't believe that someone believes that can make this jump.

What, can his spacesuit be so tough and ultra protective? (In this case if something goes wrong with the parachute, are we in danger?)

Posted Image

I wish him from the depths of my heart (and especially of my mind) to experience a great trip.

I will watch it in the news when they show it. I am hearing about a lot aswell. RTP, I did not know he is Austrain and I did not know that you are here. You do not post in the General section at all, you should post something there.

thats crazy! Stratos Man is born! :D i wonder if falling closer to earth's atmosphere slows you down while falling, since there is oxygen and stuff you should be slowed down a bit no? guess i'll have to write him an email :D

yes indeed, once he reached the atmosphere he slowed down, he also stabilized because at oen moment he started spinning faster and faster ;)

Yeah I somehow always thought he would make it. Felix Baumgartner is a crazy fellow ... in this documentaries they showed on that TV station Red Bull owns they showed what this guy already did, like, getting dragged by an airplane and such.

It's remarkable though that the suit did indeed protect him that well. Guess it's also because his entry speed into the atmosphere was much lower than an asteroid or spaceship ... so he didn't have to experience such great heat and stuff...

RTP, I did not know he is Austrain and I did not know that you are here. You do not post in the General section at all, you should post something there.

I'm actually often here since I got admin tasks to do ;) ... but I don't have so much time to post anymore :P