New Year's Eve

abasio

What are you all up to for New Year's? Anyone going to any parties or a quite night in?

Over the years I have had varying luck on New Year's Eve and the best ones have always been when I have hosted a party myself so I decided to go with this again and I'll be having a party at my house again :)

The day as I see it panning out is beach→korean BBQ→boozey house party→beach (the stunning view of Mt. Fuji on new year's day is worth dragging myself there with a hangover :P

So what are you all up to? Have fun whatever you do!

I'm thinking of what music to play myself. Most of my heads are not particularly Goa freaks or even into electronic music. I may need to get out my most accessible music. Well I suppose I could encourage other people to bring their own music but then I'd have to listen to their shite :mad:

I'm not too fond of new year's eve myself so I'm gonna keep it quiet with my gf and my parents. Cozy cozy. Every time I went to party on new year's eve it turned out shitty and a disappointment anyhow so I don't even bother anymore. I guess it's all about managing your expectations but well, I've found out that the cozy new year's eve actually suits me the most!

If I didn't throw a party I'd be expected to go to one in Tokyo or to some fucking shrine to pray (beg?) for a good year. Well the only year I did that was this year on new years day and it was a fucking awful year: probably the worst in my history. Won't be doing that again in a hurry.....unless I have to :(

No some peeps round my house for booze a food and boozy boozing is the way for me.

My parents always throw the new years parties. They're always fun but this one was great because I got to play some trancedance for my dad's polak guests. I think they enjoyed the change from the super cheesy shit my pops was playing

I went to a Pool party :D

The point is, it was a psytrance party (yeah, Vienna psytrance organizers really have evolved to making something cool quite often). They rented a whole indoor pool hall ... such a water park kind of thing - wave pool, canals, pirate ship, that stuff. Only the big slide they closed because it wouldn't be good if intoxicated people would be riding there...

It was quite a blast. It really has something when you listen to Ephedrix lying on the back while floating on a tire in some canal and you're so drunk the ceiling makes waves :P

Only bad thing was that it was cold because so many people went out smoking and opened the doors all the time ... glad we got into a Jacuzzi where it was warm :D

And I did not see any vomit in the water ;)

... but I think I caught a cold. That was obvious though. You don't go to pool parties in winter. Well, I did. And you would have gone too, admit it. Psytrance Pool Party on New Year's Eve - what a great idea!

^ That sounds totally awesome.

I went to a party at a friend's flat, met some people I've not seen for years there. We also had a pretty good view of the fireworks over the London Eye, it was a spectacular display.

Yeah, the pool really was awesome :)

Oh yeah, the fireworks ... before we went to the pool we did watch them too.

We just shot some rockets and then we attempted to make an experiment with a christmas tree that we planned to shoot up with some rockets sticked to it, but it didn't take off and the whole thing exploded on the floor. Was a nice show though :D

I went to a Pool party :D

The point is, it was a psytrance party (yeah, Vienna psytrance organizers really have evolved to making something cool quite often). They rented a whole indoor pool hall ... such a water park kind of thing - wave pool, canals, pirate ship, that stuff. Only the big slide they closed because it wouldn't be good if intoxicated people would be riding there...

It was quite a blast. It really has something when you listen to Ephedrix lying on the back while floating on a tire in some canal and you're so drunk the ceiling makes waves :P

Only bad thing was that it was cold because so many people went out smoking and opened the doors all the time ... glad we got into a Jacuzzi where it was warm :D

And I did not see any vomit in the water ;)

... but I think I caught a cold. That was obvious though. You don't go to pool parties in winter. Well, I did. And you would have gone too, admit it. Psytrance Pool Party on New Year's Eve - what a great idea!

woah that sounds really cool :)

For me, since most places are overcrowded and you don't really get the "right" type of people at new years parties IMO, like 99% of them are just wasted beyond belief and start picking fights and shit. So I just went to a small party with my gf, had a good time but nothing really special.