The scene in Tokyo

longloststar

Just moved here. Anyone got advice for cool psy/chill places to visit or perhaps English sites with information? Perhaps about live performances and stuff. Would really appreciate it.

Abasio plays in Fujisawa (right?!) near Yokohama once in a while ;) well I think he still does?!

I have only tried one trance party in Tokyo, and that was a mixed event with both minimal (cocoon stuff) and dream trance (I think that was what it was called). That was on ageHa back in 2009... and I just checked, it seems they have a just that combination this Saturday 8th... lol and they even have Pig & Dan playing again (was also playing when me and Abasio was there). It's a pretty cool club, huge, great sound and lot's of good looking girls! And if you are lucky an epic pole-dance show?!!?!!:wub:

There are many parties happening in Osaka as well, so check them out if you get a chance... I know some people there so if you need a party so I might be able help if you PM when it's time :)

How long are you staying in Tokyo?

You are about to experience the best club scene in the world, IMO. Open air parties too, are on their own league, they have an ambience you don't see anywhere else in the world.

Here's something you MUST not miss:

The Nagisa Festival (don't miss the Time & Space stage, FullMoon Mondo is a DJ you won't forget)

http://beatculture.music.jp.msn.com/event/110927_nagisa_osaka2011/default.htm

Try to visit the PsychedelicGarden shop: you will find tens of flyers in English and Japanese (or only Japanese sometimes) of small parties that happen in clubs smaller than your kitchen, but that are magical. IMO, this must be the best psychedelic shop in the world, it's amazing the clothing and acessories collection they have there.

http://www.psychedelicgarden.com/

Last, the best source for infos is in Japanese: the Miki social network, which is impossible to understand if you have not mastered the skill of reading Chinese and Japanese "kanji". Some parties are organized inside Miki, flyers and info only to be found there.

My advice: avoid the "para para" scene, which is giant and growing. Do you remember Aqua, of "Barbie Girl" fame in the late 1990s, that's what it sounds like. But do go to the "cyber trance" parties, you may be surprised to listen - and like - to Ferry Corsten & gang in the Japanese atmosphere.

I can recommend the ageHa for sure...too bad the summer season is already over...when there was a pool party, my eyes were popping out because of all the beautiful girls there hehe. Nagisa was cool, too. Saw E.V.P live and will never forget that. Some other clubs I went to were "Club Asia" and "Club Atom", both of which played psytrance quite often. I did a quick check and it seems that only Club Atom seems to have psytrance parties nowadays. One recommendation: stay away from big events with big names...I attended an Astrix, Pixel, Dali event once, and it was "horrible". The ZEPP was sold out, thousands of people attending and I don't know...it had nothing to do with Psy parties here in Europe...I mean, there was a huge line of people waiting in front of the men's washrooms, and I wondered WTF?! I just couldn't wait any longer. I figured that the guys were not waiting in line for the toilets, but to style themselves in the mirrors, which ppl were waiting in front of until it was their turn. Lol?

The air was so full of hairspray that a single match probably would've turned the place to a pile of dust.

Procyon gave some pretty good advice and it's best to check the flyers and - if you can read Japanese or know some people who can - refer to Mixi.

//Edith says, that this weekend there will be a TIP event at club CUBE326, Raja Ram will perform.

I can recommend the ageHa for sure...too bad the summer season is already over...when there was a pool party, my eyes were popping out because of all the beautiful girls there hehe. Nagisa was cool, too. Saw E.V.P live and will never forget that. Some other clubs I went to were "Club Asia" and "Club Atom", both of which played psytrance quite often. I did a quick check and it seems that only Club Atom seems to have psytrance parties nowadays. One recommendation: stay away from big events with big names...I attended an Astrix, Pixel, Dali event once, and it was "horrible". The ZEPP was sold out, thousands of people attending and I don't know...it had nothing to do with Psy parties here in Europe...I mean, there was a huge line of people waiting in front of the men's washrooms, and I wondered WTF?! I just couldn't wait any longer. I figured that the guys were not waiting in line for the toilets, but to style themselves in the mirrors, which ppl were waiting in front of until it was their turn. Lol?

The air was so full of hairspray that a single match probably would've turned the place to a pile of dust.

Procyon gave some pretty good advice and it's best to check the flyers and - if you can read Japanese or know some people who can - refer to Mixi.

//Edith says, that this weekend there will be a TIP event at club CUBE326, Raja Ram will perform.

Only in Japan, as the saying goes. I am sure you have heard about the "herbivore men" problem that is affecting Japanese society, lol. Also, I learned there that Japanese women tend to love a man macho enough to wear skirts, high-heels, discrete (?) male make-up and carrying a hairdo much more sophisticated than most women in magazines do.

http://www.google.com.br/imgres?q=feminine+japanese+men+street+wear&hl=en&client=safari&sa=X&rls=en&biw=1214&bih=706&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=jGt5TZbNSCAqyM:&imgrefurl=http://highheelspassion.blogspot.com/2011/07/asian-man-in-high-heels-and-skirt.html&docid=i5QyfuRuR3sb_M&w=460&h=693&ei=9uCQToz2F4WhtweoyOmpDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=263&vpy=318&dur=3745&hovh=276&hovw=183&tx=122&ty=181&page=11&tbnh=133&tbnw=88&start=188&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:188

I was there from 97-2000. Japan/Tokyo was heaving psytrance back then. I was lucky I caught it right at the beginning and when I left it was Big-real big. The Yokohama bay hall was the place for sure, now long gone sadly.Vision Quest parties at the Yokohama Bay Hall were the bomb for sure. Chikuya parties on Nijima island-wow what a trip and dancing on Mt Fuji with hundreds of others was awesome! The key is to delve into the scene cause most of it is pretty hard to track down but I am sure it is still there. Have a look at my facebook site for past photos and flyers to see exactly what was going on. I would be asking the Brain busters people what is happening. Also ask Sharaku and Hamase on my facebook friend sites what is happening, I'm sure they will tell you.6D sounds look like they throw mad mad parties. Japanese like to keep everything low key so suss it out and you will find. Once you have been to a japanese party and made some friends then it will be an amazing adventure. Have fun. Pity Mushrooms are not still legal. Checkout my facebook page as it is completely open.Oh yeah I would stay away from that Ageha nonsense. Anything popular in Japan really will be rubbish.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001290752503&sk=photos

cheers

Hey psydmt nice to read your story ;)! Don't you have like pictures/flyers and whatnot of the time?

These should be published on facebook or something, I would really like to see the parties of back then in a retro visual trip!

In any case thanks for sharing the story!

Sporadically they have dakini nights!

Oh the drool worthiness of Dakini nights :wub:

Don't expect to hear much from people though, keep checking the websites to see what's on.

Liquid room in Tokyo was always a favourite of mine. AgeHa is cool as mentioned above. Womb often has a decent line up too.

Shmae you've just missed the summer as there are a lot of decent festivals out in the mountains.

I used to put on a chillout might down in Shonan but haven't done that for a number of months now.

Hope you enjoy your time in Tokyo. The best thing is to go out during the week, you'll meet the coolest people :wub:

Also what brings you to Tokyo? Whereabouts are you living?

I was there from 97-2000. Japan/Tokyo was heaving psytrance back then. I was lucky I caught it right at the beginning and when I left it was Big-real big. The Yokohama bay hall was the place for sure, now long gone sadly.Vision Quest parties at the Yokohama Bay Hall were the bomb for sure. Chikuya parties on Nijima island-wow what a trip and dancing on Mt Fuji with hundreds of others was awesome! The key is to delve into the scene cause most of it is pretty hard to track down but I am sure it is still there. Have a look at my facebook site for past photos and flyers to see exactly what was going on. I would be asking the Brain busters people what is happening. Also ask Sharaku and Hamase on my facebook friend sites what is happening, I'm sure they will tell you.6D sounds look like they throw mad mad parties. Japanese like to keep everything low key so suss it out and you will find. Once you have been to a japanese party and made some friends then it will be an amazing adventure. Have fun. Pity Mushrooms are not still legal. Checkout my facebook page as it is completely open.Oh yeah I would stay away from that Ageha nonsense. Anything popular in Japan really will be rubbish.

http://www.facebook....52503&sk=photos

cheers

I remember seeing you on the floor for Posford and Jorg at Yokohama Bay. You had a cheshire sized smile :P

Sporadically they have dakini nights!

Oh the drool worthiness of Dakini nights :wub:

Don't expect to hear much from people though, keep checking the websites to see what's on.

Liquid room in Tokyo was always a favourite of mine. AgeHa is cool as mentioned above. Womb often has a decent line up too.

Shmae you've just missed the summer as there are a lot of decent festivals out in the mountains.

I used to put on a chillout might down in Shonan but haven't done that for a number of months now.

Hope you enjoy your time in Tokyo. The best thing is to go out during the week, you'll meet the coolest people :wub:

Also what brings you to Tokyo? Whereabouts are you living?

Yeah I would love to experience some dark stuff here :) I'll check those things out. Here for studies, living in a dorm in the Ikebukuro area.

Ahh Osaka! That line-up looks pretty damn sweet, I have been pretty impressed by what I have heard from Nolm...

Nolm is truly amazing. I want him live and taste his unique sound on atleast Function1. Japan probably has something even better

Here is your first party

◆-- BORDERLESS PARTY --◆

■DATE

10/22(SAT)-23(SUN)

■START

23:00-7:00

■VENUE

Studio Cube326(Tamachi)

■ENTRANCE

4000yen(Door Only)

■CONCEPT

本来Tranceはサイケデリックでもなく、ゴアでもなく、ダークでもなく、精神性。言うなれば「禅」に近い意味があると思います。

しかし、世間一般においてTranceと言えば、非合法、悪いもの、というようなイメージが先行してしまっていることも否めません。

Tranceに本来の意味を取り戻し、音楽には国境がないという原点に返って、そして次世代に繋げていきたいという願いも込めてこのパーティを開催します。

■Floor Shaker

◇LIVE(AtoZ)

GQX [Atmosphere]

Omituisten Otusten Kerho [O.O.K /6Dimension Soundz/FIN]

SLUM [sUNFLOWERS OF TODAY/FULL MOON Rec]

TEN-G [DRACONIC/AdamaRecords]

UbarTmar [Panorama Records]

and more

◇DJ(AtoZ)

Kagetora [6Dimension Soundz/Antiscarp Rec]

KEIKI [Triplag Music/Manic Dragon Records]

Sharaku [6Dimension Soundz]

Tsuyoshi SUZUKI [Joujouka/Madskippers]

and more

■Freestyle Floor LIVE&DJ(AtoZ)

ZOOFIN [Red Black Mt.Fuji]

GQX [Atmosphere]

Sho [6D SOUNDZ/Pervertti/VOUGA]

SHINGO [PSYCHEDELIC AEEN]

sinX [6D SOUNDZ/Ten-Ring]

and more

■AGE-YA

MITSU [6Dimension Soundz]

■DECO

KC BACKDROP

Kanoya Project

雪月花

■VJ

OVERHEADS

and more

■Laser effect

JUN

■LIVEPAINT

Aeravi Link

RUSOU

SENZAKI [TATTO STUDIO]

■ACCESS

Studio Cube326

http://www.studiocube326.com

〒108-0022 東京都港区海岸3-2-6

JR田町駅東口から徒歩10分

ゆりかもめ芝浦ふ頭駅から徒歩5分

お台場方面よりレインボーブリッジから車で5分

都営バス潮路橋停留所より徒歩2分

■NOTICE

現在は、Cube326付近の警察署の管轄が変わり、以前のような警察の職務質問がほとんどない状態です。

しかし、良きシーンの誤解に繋がりますので、勘違いされるような物を持ち込まないようお願いします。

TIME TABLE

☆2F

23:00-00:30 GQX

00:30-03:00 Tsuyoshi SUZUKI

03:00-05:30 Sharaku

05:30-07:00 Omituisten Otusten Kerho

☆4F

23:00-01:00 Kagetora

01:00-02:30 UbarTmar

02:30-03:30 SLUM

03:30-05:30 KEIKI

05:30-07:00 TEN-G

☆6F

23:00-00:30 SHINGO

00:30-01:30 ZEN OIKAWA

01:30-02:30 GQX

02:30-04:00 ZOOFIN

04:00-05:30 SHO

05:30-07:00 sinX

drools.... :o

...more drolls here...

If you have a flashy dayglo outfit you have no occasion to wear, this party is the place where you can do that and it surely will be outshined. Japanese crowd is the most stylish club goers in the world. Have a great time!

PS. I am sure you can understand Japanese. So, I am just reminding you to not forget your Gaijin Toroku-sho or your passport in case you still haven't got the first yet. You will discover soon that club staff at the entrance of most clubs are more strict than Immigration officials. ^_^