Dead Space

GagaISM

Has it always been this slow at Psynews?

I'm tryin to post here and there dammit! :lol:

I spent quite a while on different site, I suppose after so long many people get bored and disappear.. some of the long term members don't necessarily want to talk to newbies since some of them show up and ask 3 things and take off. Trends come and go.. Some of us realize we've spent way too much time posting on a site when there's a world out there to explore. B) it picks up eventually.

and I love the Dead Space series.. turn off the lights, pull up the chair close to the tv, crank the home theater, maybe get a jump or two. DS1 became nothing once you completely level up your plasma gun. killing even the bosses becomes a breeze. :D

I use this as a reference and reviewing site, if I hear a name thrown around on other forums or anywhere else, in it goes into the psynews search. Also probably the most accurate and comprehensive review section anywhere. Psynews hasn't let me down yet. However I probably should actually contribute something..

I use this as a reference and reviewing site, if I hear a name thrown around on other forums or anywhere else, in it goes into the psynews search. Also probably the most accurate and comprehensive review section anywhere. Psynews hasn't let me down yet. However I probably should actually contribute something..

That's how I feel too. I have checked this site out for a month or two before joining.. I don't suppose I know too much about new releases and can really add to much of a contribution there, but I can at least get in touch with people who like the same music.. as I'm surrounded by friends and others who do not. My music collection is starting to grow significantly :D

Yeah I've noticed how slow this place is, but it's one of the few places on the internet where the primary concern is real Goa, so i'll do my best to contribute. I visit psymusic uk a bit, it's quite active, but their forum is set out differently, they have just "music discussion", rather than psytrance and other electronica.

I like Psynews the way it is. I sometimes post in Isratrance - if you want a crowded place, with a lot of minuses, killlaaargh! comments, controversial reviews, that's the place for you - but it's completely clueless. I also post in another forum in my language, Portuguese, it's also somehow "slow". It's OK to be slow, you can appreciate things more carefully, have a richer conversation, learn more. Haven't you heard about the "slow down movement" yet? Make a search, it's good.

I like Psynews the way it is. I sometimes post in Isratrance - if you want a crowded place, with a lot of minuses, killlaaargh! comments, controversial reviews, that's the place for you - but it's completely clueless. I also post in another forum in my language, Portuguese, it's also somehow "slow". It's OK to be slow, you can appreciate things more carefully, have a richer conversation, learn more. Haven't you heard about the "slow down movement" yet? Make a search, it's good.

+1

It is what it is and definitly not what it was. Get over it!

That's what we've been trying .. It's easy for you to say so though , since your weren't here back in the past ...

True. But I can remember some of the good times I've had. Great memories but not sth I like to dwell upon. The time is now! C'est passé, mon ami.

That's what we've been trying .. It's easy for you to say so though , since your weren't here back in the past ...

Mmmmmmm!

Psynews was slow too sometimes back in the past, and was often offline for daaaaaaaaays, even before the new forum lay out was started. That's the internet I guess...

I actually completely know what it's like to lose a forum like the old off-topic which was so very special for some of you. I used to be a part of a forum that some of the best times I've head while on the internetz, great community. Unfortunately it closed a few years ago and there is no other like it anywhere. At least you guys have a start, something it won't have..

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind people to read the rules

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=2

"- No other psytrance forum criticism"

Or in the upcoming revision as it's going to be

"- Do not criticize other psytrance forums or institutions to make them appear in a bad light. We are a part of the whole thing and want to be a beneficial element to everybody in this scene. Elitism and such criticism are destructive and can not be tolerated."

Let's just leave it at that.