Psykovsky-Tanetsveta

Ormion

I haven't seen any comments about the new psykovsky, so I'm interested to know what you think.

I find his new album something really groundbreaking. It's the first time in my life that with a whole album I can totally relax while a 160 bpm bassline and heavy kicks blast through my speakers.

If you haven't listened to it yet, I will inform you that both of the cds have style similar to the Hellove Ja Wohl Yo track in Da Budet.

That means they are darkpsy with ambient elements or maybe the opposite.

I don't know where Vasily will go next. This album seems like the final step of his darkpsybient style that started with Erlkoenig in Debut, Bekhudi and Hellove Ja Wohl Yo in Da Budet and now a whole double album. Maybe his next album will be full ambient?

Anyway I find Tanetsveta mindblowing. I highly recommend it.

Ah...I don't know. I REALLY wanted it to impress me, but somehow it didn't connect...or I didn't connect. Anyway, you mentioned Hellove Ja Wohl Yo, and while I really love that track, imo no track on Tanetsveta comes even close to that.

Guest nectarios

An "outsider's" view on this:

On the more "ambient" tunes, there are some nice loops with vox and pads and atmospheres, in the background, sort of the stuff breaks/electro producers by the likes of Elite Force, Plump DJs, Meat Katie...etc were using, kinda Daft Punkinsh... that I would love listening to in the car. Though them tunes are ruined by his signature synth work and 4/4 kick and monotonous bassline, that don't sound good at all, on my speakers at least.

This would have been a lot better with some drum n bass style, drums.

I'm not going to comment on the fast/"dancefloor" tunes, as I don't like that kind of music at all.

All I am going to say is that there are so many breaks and odd beat parts, that make sure there is no real drive in the music. Defo not dancefloor material, not the kind of dancefloor we play for anyway.

Peace.

An "outsider's" view on this:

On the more "ambient" tunes, there are some nice loops with vox and pads and atmospheres, in the background, sort of the stuff breaks/electro producers by the likes of Elite Force, Plump DJs, Meat Katie...etc were using, kinda Daft Punkinsh... that I would love listening to in the car. Though them tunes are ruined by his signature synth work and 4/4 kick and monotonous bassline, that don't sound good at all, on my speakers at least.

This would have been a lot better with some drum n bass style, drums.

I'm not going to comment on the fast/"dancefloor" tunes, as I don't like that kind of music at all.

All I am going to say is that there are so many breaks and odd beat parts, that make sure there is no real drive in the music. Defo not dancefloor material, not the kind of dancefloor we play for anyway.

Peace.

:ph34r:

This artist just keep sinking, his debut album 'Debut' was "top of the notch"

The problem with Dark Psy is when you listen yo someone over and over you realize it's the same sounds he's using, the same tricks so you get bored and you drop out

That's why Derango didn't release a second album LOL

This artist just keep sinking, his debut album 'Debut' was "top of the notch"

The problem with Dark Psy is when you listen yo someone over and over you realize it's the same sounds he's using, the same tricks so you get bored and you drop out

I don't think that's the case with Psykovsky. All his album have a unique sound.

I don't think that's the case with Psykovsky. All his album have a unique sound.

I wasn't talking about Psykovsky (I dont have Tanetsveta yet :) )... but since the second album is somehow a "remake" of Debut i could expect something similar, I can be wrong of course,

I wasn't talking about Psykovsky (I dont have Tanetsveta yet :) )... but since the second album is somehow a "remake" of Debut i could expect something similar, I can be wrong of course,

IMO Da Budet is really different from Debut. Almost completely different styles.

IMO Da Budet is really different from Debut. Almost completely different styles.

I agree with this for sure, Debut is much more accessible than both following albums. Concerning Tanetsveta, this is the most impressive release I've heard all year. Complex, abstract and very dark.

Ah...I don't know. I REALLY wanted it to impress me, but somehow it didn't connect...or I didn't connect.

+1

I still think his debut is unbeatable (all genres). cant get more psychedelic than that for me.

• 1 month later...

I had a laugh when I heard bits of Joy Division and Chris Isaak smashed up in the middle of some hazy atmospheric break. Or was that the music on the speakers at the coffee shop? I couldn't really tell. Anyway, I can see this album will require many listens to formulate a real opinion... sounds very soft for the tempo, warmer and more relaxed as noted here. It works quite well for listening... and the effect is quite entrancing, though I am not personally into much high-BPM anything most of the time. There is a lot to digest here... so give it time.

This album is incredible.

• 4 years later...

While the title track is one of my favourite psytrance tracks of all time, my opinion of this album is that it features short bursts of brilliance but is mostly unlistenable.