Hedonix- Order Out Of Chaos

kathmandu

I hate when people don't write there WTF THE GENRE OR STYLE IS! :angry: I'm not THAT clairvoyant yet.

It's necessary for people like me who need to avoid the keywords like fullon, progressive, goa, or simply expressed, trance. Not that I wouldn't like Goa trance, but this is something I listen to when I'm cutting a tree to pieces, and I avoid woodcutting, so I don't need a regular fresh doses of trance. Most of it sounds all the same to me.

This is, I guess, the trance music. The cover looks very trancey and Hedonix seems familiar.

Edit: OK, Longloststar, thanks for confirming my guess. 'Progressive' and 'dark' are clear messages.

I hate when people don't write there WTF THE GENRE OR STYLE IS! :angry: I'm not THAT clairvoyant yet.

It's necessary for people like me who need to avoid the keywords like fullon, progressive, goa, or simply expressed, trance. Not that I wouldn't like Goa trance, but this is something I listen to when I'm cutting a tree to pieces, and I avoid woodcutting, so I don't need a regular fresh doses of trance. Most of it sounds all the same to me.

This is, I guess, the trance music. The cover looks very trancey and Hedonix seems familiar.

Edit: OK, Longloststar, thanks for confirming my guess. 'Progressive' and 'dark' are clear messages.

Why don't you just google it or check discogs? It's not that hard.. And yes, complaining is harder :)

...and yes, this is a kick ass album, long waited, didn't disappoint B)

Not that I wouldn't like Goa trance, but this is something I listen to when I'm cutting a tree to pieces, and I avoid woodcutting, so I don't need a regular fresh doses of trance. Most of it sounds all the same to me. This is, I guess, the trance music.

So what exactly are you doing on this board? :blink::unsure:

And you must be really lazy - just go to saikosounds.com or psyshop.com and check the samples, ok?

This is a masterpiece imo...

The perfect example where different styles are mixed, crossover !

Hedonix achieved a combination of funky progressive bass with fullon kicks,

A high level of psychedelic features and still has the effort to use some melody

what reminds of goatrance when it comes to the choice of sound,

and a bit more fullon style regarding the structure of the climaxes....

The atmosphere is absolute dark and that's what it all makes so interesting

after a couple times listening...

The motivated way of using the progressive effect on baselines keeps you

through the entire release and reminds me sometimes of cosma...

enjoy...

Good album

8/10

reminds me a bit when panick - lab o matic in 2006 was released...

Hey guys, thanks for the great feedback.

Just letting you know that this album is also now available as a digital release.

Please visit http://hedonix.bandcamp.com/album/order-out-of-chaos

The are full previews of each song and also other individual Hedonix tracks which were available on previous EPP compilations. More to come later.

For those who prefer CD format we still have some copies we can sell directly for $20AUD including shipping worldwide.

Enjoy

• 4 months later...

One of the best albums I've heard in a long time! Very deep and psychedelic - it's twisted psytrance in the vein of Hux Flux or Kox box but with a sort of Atmos "Headcleaner" vibe to it.. Very hypnotizing... Lots of restraint and maturity involved, sometimes a bit too much as a couple tracks don't quite satisfy (long builds to brief climaxes in places) .. Just beautiful - not too aggresive, not too sedate - great balance of dark and light... reeeeeaalllyyy trippy music..

Patterns of sound are built up then dissolved, and new patterns of sound are built in, or something like that.. Each track is a journey.. Progressive in some ways but heavily steeped in classic psytrance style as well..

One thing I love about this album is how all the sounds they use seem fresh, original, and well chosen - many many psytrance albums just have a soup of sound effects going on that don't add anything to the music - not the case here - there's lots of sound effects and patterns of sounds, it's all very complicated, but they all really add something to the track, and are highly enjoyable..

This is dense music, not always easily accessible, challenging in some ways - do yourself a favor and hear it on some headphones with your full attention being given..

A masterpiece overall- thanks Hedonix!!

This is "pure" psychedelic trance... and yes I do agree that this is a melding pot of all kinds of sub-genres, and that where for me the purity comes in! Because this is what defines "true" psychedelic trance (in the original form) for me, it is the fact that it can not be put into some particular box... I can hear elements of trance, progressive, techno, goa... how nice is that :D it is somehow fluent and yet defined and highly psychedelic :) And the production is first class!

And one very important quality... the ability to sound better each time I listen to it :D a true grower!!!

The feeling reminds, yes, of the older, imo more pure psychedelic trance! Another recent artist that some of the same qualities are Troll Scientists. But I can definitely hear the parallel to Cosma and others of that time.

But I think it is in the two last tracks that everything twists in a very unique way and really explodes into a psychedelic fest, with fluorescent melodies, powerful driving bass-lines and pounding kicks... just brilliant! It is really were this release peaks, and I would really love to hear more tracks like that. That said I still really appreciate the less melodic tracks for what they are (less dominated by melody), but I could have wanted more than just two :P

I actually have had very few bad thoughts of this release, I guess it just tickles my fancy in the right way :D

So great work Hedonix... looking forward to some more!!!

One of my favourite releases of 2009.