OTT

psytones

Hi,

Just a quick question in the spirit of Neilz - how do you pronounce 'Ott'?

When I first found a Ott CD I had no idea who he was, but I knew the name Hallucinogen. So I bought it. Great CD, one of the best.

Posted Image

From that day I pronounced it OspaceTspaceT. A few years later I read that it was pronounced Ot. Like Lot, without the L.

I still say O t t, Even my friends who Ive introduced his music say O t t. I know its in some stage an offence to not take lessen and pronounce it the way it is ment but I like O t t.

are you down with the o to the t?

Ot OhTeTe

I always pronounced it as Ott. O T T sounds kind of dumb to me. If his work was all labeled OTT then maybe i would say Oh Tee Tee. But it isn't, so I don't. And it makes me happy that he says it's pronounced Ott.

I'm going out on limb here because I've never seen it confirmed, but I think he named himself after Jonathan Ott, an ethnobotanist and psychedelic researcher....that's why I've always said Ott like "ought"

the whole sentence is in CAPITAL LETTERS. THEN YOU CAN'T WRITE Ott.

:ph34r::lol::P

if it would have been oh tea tea. I thought it would stand for 'off the track'.. not sure why though ;)

The OTT is bolder though and could be misconstrued :P

The OTT is bolder though and could be misconstrued :P

This is excacly what happen to my enteripation of the name OTT.

It's a last name, so pronounce it the way you want to :) I would say it is like "Oatmeal"---> "Ott" --Meal

Oatmeal, ja. Buzzman, this is because your Danish. It makes sense to say Oat. OoAtmeal. lol, you all sound so Arnold Swartsneger when you speak English :D

I always pronounced it simply "ott", like in Otto without the last o. No O.T.T., oh tee tee, oh tea tea, oh titty or whatever...

And I find it god that the guy himself wants it pronounced like that aswell. Although I don't give very much about his work...